Saturday, September 18, 2021
  Bizarre

Irate Scot wants to send flat Earther into space

Posted on Friday, 5 February, 2021 | Comment icon 21 comments

Could sending a flat Earther into space be the answer ? Image Credit: YouTube / Virgin Galactic
A man from Scotland is attempting to raise funds for a space mission to prove his flat Earther mates wrong.
For Marc Gauld - a 37-year-old oil worker from Aberdeen - the fact that the Earth is round (an oblate spheroid) is indisputable, but this hasn't stopped him from being bombarded with conspiracy theories from his friends who believe that our planet is little more than a flat disc.

He is now so fed up with it in fact that he has launched an appeal to raise enough money to send a prominent flat Earther into space, thus proving once and for all that the Earth is not flat.

"I have a couple of friends that are flat Earthers and it drives me crazy their total nonsense that they speak," he told the Daily Record.

"They call astronauts actors who are paid to lie and that boils my blood because these are guys who barely hold down jobs and do nothing so to talk about astronauts like that I don't know where they get off. I decided to give them the chance to put their money where their mouth is for once and the only way I could do it is by sending a high ranking flat Earther into space."
Gauld has reportedly contacted both Richard Branson and Elon Musk in an attempt to arrange the trip but has so far not received a response from either of them.

He has since launched a campaign to raise $250000 for a seat aboard Branson's Virgin Galactic.

"The first flights are planned for this year but may be held back due to the COVID pandemic but I hope to have a flat Earther in space within the next couple years," said Gauld.

Whether those in the flat Earth community would accept such a trip as concrete evidence that everything they believe is a lie however seems unlikely.

Source: Daily Record | Comments (21)

Tags: Flat Earth

Comment icon #12 Posted by Noteverythingisaconspiracy on 6 February, 2021, 1:48
I wish him good luck on his effort, but to be honest its probably in vain. Chances are that his mate will just claim it was faked somehow.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Timothy on 6 February, 2021, 2:34
‘Irate Scot wants to send flat Earther into space’ is quite a good headline too.
Comment icon #14 Posted by jethrofloyd on 6 February, 2021, 9:33
Send him to the Mars!
Comment icon #15 Posted by Nnicolette on 6 February, 2021, 10:17
I understand the frustration. I too have a friend that believes this and seeks scientific answers from me every day, but whenever things are explained that dont suit her flat earth paradigm suddenly everything is a lie. She refuses to fly in a plane or get a job either. Good luck with that one they won't change their minds, too indoctrinated. The money would be better spent on education programs for children who still have a chance not to be clueless the rest of their lives.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Noteverythingisaconspiracy on 6 February, 2021, 11:22
I'm interested to know how being a flat Earther means that she refuses to get a job ?  Most jobs doesn't require you to have a particular belief in the shape of the Earth.
Comment icon #17 Posted by DanL on 6 February, 2021, 16:17
Strap him to a big black power powered rocket and send him up. You don't have to reach orbit to see its curvature...Don't include a parachute in his return package.
Comment icon #18 Posted by Peter B on 7 February, 2021, 12:13
Either that, or the bloke is going to go up to Marc Gauld after the flight and say something like, "I can't believe I convinced you I was a Flat Earther. But thanks for the flight, it was great!"
Comment icon #19 Posted by Nnicolette on 7 February, 2021, 13:14
Try comprehensive reading. Nobody ever said being a flat earther was the reason she doesn't believe in working, it was a characteristic which I listed in common with the mentality of the flat earthers in the article. You might actually understand things if you learn to delve the information within the sentences, rather than making weak attempts to pick holes each time where there aren't any, and focusing on it so much that you fail to comprehend each simple statement.   By the way I hate to break it to you but trolling everything I say just because I share info you are apparently obsessed with... [More]
Comment icon #20 Posted by Noteverythingisaconspiracy on 7 February, 2021, 13:41
Calm down. I misunderstood what you wrote. When I saw this: I though that her refiusal to get a job was related to her flat Earth beliefs. I was in no way saying anything about you. How is that trolling ? If I'm really as bad as you seem to think I am why don't you just block me, as apparently I'm some kind of monster.   Maybe you should go back and see how many times I have responded to you. I think you will find that its actually not very many.
Comment icon #21 Posted by Aten on 7 February, 2021, 17:38
You can't prove a flat Earther is wrong, even if they go into space they claim the glass/(whatever material it is) is molded to make the planet look round.

'Vladimir Putin' is a banned name in Sweden
9-18-2021
A couple in Sweden have been officially banned from naming their newborn baby after the Russian leader.
2021 Ig Nobel Prize celebrates weird science
9-18-2021
For the second year running, this traditional celebration of science's most peculiar projects took place online.
Ancient rock formation is split perfectly in two
9-17-2021
The 4,000-year-old rock formation known as Al Naslaa is split so perfectly that it almost looks laser cut.
'Ghost' photographed next to Civil War hospital
9-17-2021
The image, which was posted up on Reddit, shows what has been described as a 'demon-like ghost'.
Mystery 'troll' captured on camera
4-24-2021 | Marsta, Sweden

My Grandfather's NDE
4-24-2021 | Oakland, California

The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball