Monday, September 20, 2021

Chair moves on its own in 'haunted' Welsh pub

Posted on Wednesday, 8 September, 2021 | Comment icon 17 comments

Who or what moved the chair ? Image Credit: YouTube / Dogtooth Media
Recently released footage from the Lansdowne Pub in Cardiff shows a piece of furniture with a mind of its own.
When pub manager Hayley Budd sat down at one of the tables to take a break one evening back in July, she had an unexplained encounter that would leave her scratching her head.

While browsing her mobile phone, one of the chairs opposite her can be seen moving all on its own. It is not clear from the video how this happened and there's no indication that she moved it herself.

"I wasn't looking at the chair, I was looking at my phone but I saw it out of the corner of my eye," she said. "I heard it as well so I asked a customer if they had seen anything and they'd also heard the noise."

"I always try to find the most logical explanation so in the video you can see me looking to see if it was something in my bag that had moved then I was trying to tell myself that maybe it was the wind."
"I've tried to recreate it so many times but there's no logical explanation. I checked the CCTV to make sure I hadn't been imagining it."

"I wasn't frightened enough to quit my job and run out of there but I was really shocked."

The building itself has something of a reputation for strange occurrences.

"There's a long-term rumor among the regulars about a woman haunting the pub and people who live in the flats above the pub say there's strange goings on up there," said Budd.

"I'm not scared just because I've worked here for eight years and she's never done anything that's a cause for concern. She clearly just wants to make herself known."

Source: Mail Online | Comments (17)

Tags: Haunted, Pub

Comment icon #8 Posted by OverSword on 8 September, 2021, 16:21
Interesting.  Wish I had been there to witness that and verify a string or not.
Comment icon #9 Posted by quiXilver on 8 September, 2021, 16:57
Why is the camera swaying?  Seems a monitor cam would be hard mounted.  This one sways and alters frame/zoom. Working in the film industry for a couple decades now, these 'it moved by itself' videos are all highly suspect.   Lockdown was hard on pubs.  I hope business improves.
Comment icon #10 Posted by moonman on 8 September, 2021, 18:53
This is exactly what I was going to say. Front chair leg is up on table leg, and slides off from vibrations. The back leg barely moves at all, it's just a pivot. Obvious when you look at all parts of the chair. Mystery solved, no ghosts or strings involved.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Kenemet on 8 September, 2021, 18:59
That was my question... what kind of CCTV setup (for a pub, yet) keeps moving around as it focuses on individuals and frames them neatly, takes very clear film at a standard rate (or so it looks like) and Just Happens To Focus On The Ghost Spot at the Right Time?   I'm calling hi-jinks.
Comment icon #12 Posted by ExoPaul on 8 September, 2021, 19:06
The camera is swaying because someone filmed a tv monitor, its not the direct footage. To me, it doesn't move but drops at the front. The front leg moves a lot more in a dropping motion than the back leg and so it must have been tilted back a few degrees and so the perspective shows the back and front move a lot, but the axis on the back leg shows it barely moves at all. I have a theory that someone is with her (looking at the table items), and went off somewhere, pushing their chair back in. But in doing so, the front leg caught on an object such as a piece of cutlery or debris or even the wo... [More]
Comment icon #13 Posted by ThereWeAreThen on 8 September, 2021, 19:50
To be fair couldn't see her legs move.
Comment icon #14 Posted by moonman on 8 September, 2021, 19:50
The table leg clearly has a stacked design with a platform part on bottom - the visible front chair leg looks like it is sitting up on the lower platform of the table leg, then it falls off. You can't see it sitting on the platform part as the next layer of the table leg is blocking the view.
Comment icon #15 Posted by XenoFish on 8 September, 2021, 20:00
I'm thinking her foot.
Comment icon #16 Posted by tortugabob on 8 September, 2021, 21:16
The FAKE-O-DELIC meter is on 11. She's got fishing line tied to her foot.
Comment icon #17 Posted by GlitterRose on 9 September, 2021, 0:35
This is probably a hoax, but I have seen stuff like that actually happen.

Sir Clive Sinclair: a man ahead of his time
9-20-2021
The late inventor created all manner of weird and wonderful gadgets - but did any of them truly fail ?
Man finds creepy doll boarded up under stairs
9-20-2021
A primary school teacher in Liverpool, England found something decidedly creepy hidden in his new home.
Human remains found inside Louisiana alligator
9-19-2021
Wildlife authorities have identified an alligator that is suspected of killing a man who was reported missing.
15th-Century Vinland Map turns out to be fake
9-19-2021
Researchers at Yale University have debunked what was thought to be the earliest known map of the New World.
Mystery 'troll' captured on camera
4-24-2021 | Marsta, Sweden

My Grandfather's NDE
4-24-2021 | Oakland, California

The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball