Wednesday, June 29, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > The UFO Phenomenon > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

The UFO Phenomenon

3 UFOs spotted hovering above Glasgow, Scotland

December 19, 2021 | Comment icon 11 comments

The objects were captured on camera by several witnesses. Image Credit: Robbie Morrow
Locals were left perplexed yesterday morning after three objects appeared in the skies over the city.
The sightings began at around 7am on Saturday when three lights suddenly appeared over Byres Road in the city's west end, much to the intrigue of local residents.

Several people ended up capturing photographs and video footage of the phenomenon.

"I'm an artist and at 7am this morning I was out taking photos on Byres Road," said witness Michelle Hynes. "When I got home looked at the pics - three UFOs above Byres Road."

"I didn't notice them when I was out then when I got home I had a look and that's when I saw them."

Another witness, Robbie Morrow, spotted them through the fog and captured a video.
"I was out walking the dog when I saw one trail, like a shooting star then another started to go another direction," he said. "But they went on for about 10 minutes at least."

"Then the one light in the center illuminating. Was bizarre!"

As for what the objects could have been, there has been speculation that they were drones, helicopters, flares or even perhaps something a little more otherworldly, however so far nobody seems to know for sure.

You can check out Michelle's photograph of the mystery objects below.

Source: Daily Record | Comments (11)

Comment icon #2 Posted by jethrofloyd 6 months ago
Comment icon #3 Posted by esoteric_toad 6 months ago
Just keep in mind there are military bases near by. Always assume the mundane. Bases near Glasgow
Comment icon #4 Posted by Torviking 6 months ago
Looks like an aircraft going through low cloud to me.
Comment icon #5 Posted by mesuma 6 months ago
My humble hometown seems to be a bit of a hotspot lately. Except Faslane, I'm not sure there are many military bases near here (none of any real size). That picture also has the corner of a tenement in it which means those dots are a pretty fair width between each point.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Eldorado 6 months ago
Comment icon #7 Posted by Amorlind 6 months ago
I wonder if this could not be : - lights of cars or others vehicles reflected on the fog due to special atmospheric conditions - lights from planes Anyway this is impressive !
Comment icon #8 Posted by Bathtub 6 months ago
Running playback on flightradar24.com shows that a couple of flights left Glasgow just after 7am. Several departures from Edinburgh were also being routed just to the south of Glasgow at the time.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps 6 months ago
interesting - but not enough detail for me to make an assessment.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Trelane 6 months ago
It's definitely aliens. Get over it.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps 6 months ago
Well, not so sure they are alien  constructs, they could be. but they could be human made crafts too. not enough evidence

Total Posts: 7,285,812    Topics: 299,730    Members: 197,539