Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Have you ever lived in a haunted house, spotted a UFO, captured something unusual on camera or otherwise had a brush with the mysterious ? If so then we want to hear from you - please send us your story and we will feature it in our new Stories & Experiences section.

Three knocks woke me up twice

Posted on 7-26-2017 | Comment icon 16 comments

By: The3rdEye | Location: Virginia

Image Credit: sxc.hu
Just a week ago I heard 3 loud knocks while I was asleep. It startled me so bad I left my bed and went to the front door and peeked outside it was so strange.

It happened again early this morning. My son woke me up at 6:30 and said he was going fishing. Needless to say, I fell back to sleep. I heard the three knocks again it startled me once again. I looked at the clock it said exactly 9:48. I went to the door again but no one was there at all. My whole life I've had visions of people being in accidents and always warned them. They never took heed and accidents happened just as I had visioned them.
I've been working and a horrible pain entered my stomach and I knew instantly someone I knew had died at that instant. I've dreamed of spiritual wars in which I had to battle for righteousness. I even dreamed of two names one American and the other Foreign. This was during a time in which my hometown had someone making pipe bombs and harming people.

I kick my butt everyday for not remembering those names the next morning. The case have never been solved. Can anyone explain these strange occurrences to me?

Comments (16)

<< Previous story
Spider signs
Next story >>
Incoming call

Comment icon #7 Posted by MissJatti on 9 September, 2017, 13:52
I have experienced 1 loud knock on my bedroom door, really early morning while I am still deep sleep. It is very startling, I rashly get up and see who it was, but no one and nothings there. This has happened at least 5 or 6 time now. To this day I haven't figured out what happening or, where are this knocks coming from, or who is doing them. The knock sounds so real, that I don't think i was dreaming about them knocks
Comment icon #8 Posted by Susanc241 on 9 September, 2017, 14:14
I know 'exploding head syndrome' is usually experienced as a person is dropping off to sleep, but I wonder if it can occur durIng sleep as well.  It might explain some of the 'bangs' people have heard in the night, thinking they were knocks on a wall or door.  No idea about the feel of a knock through a wall though.   eta.  Have just looked this up and syndrome can also happen when you wake up during the night.  We all wake periodically through the night, even if we are not aware and don't remember it.  Perhaps the waking from sleep to a loud noise is just this syndrome in play.
Comment icon #9 Posted by Celestae on 11 September, 2017, 22:37
We have an entity who knocks every night, although he's been quiet recently. We call him the tubthumper. hes never harmed us but he's there most nights when we go to bed. One night he frightened us as we were sat in bed chatting and my SO mentioned he hadn't heard the tubthumper yet and immediately there were three huge quick successive bangs on the ceiling above us... who knows what it is but it's definitely sentiment. He even knocks on command some evenings.
Comment icon #10 Posted by ChrLzs on 12 September, 2017, 4:42
Well guys, whatever you do, don't set up recording equipment as then your entity will vanish forever.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Cal94129 on 18 October, 2017, 1:58
I live in SW Virginia,  I too get awakened by three knocks out of my sleep.   They are very loud andcreal sounding.   It happens quite often.   I'm reading your posts now.   On occasion it has been one knock,  but primarily 3.  I live near WV,  TN,  KY,  and NC,  about 30 minutes or so from each in the middle of the Jefferson National Forrest,  The Appalachian Trail.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Astra. on 18 October, 2017, 2:25
I saw what you did there ..
Comment icon #13 Posted by ChrLzs on 18 October, 2017, 3:47
Just a teensy addition...  where I live we have a lot of overhanging tree branches and a family (or perhaps 2?) of possums frequently uses my roof to traverse to other trees, or just to run around on.  They often make a hell of a racket, and they will also sometimes make knocking sounds - whether to try to crack open something or just while scratching themselves, I do not know.   On a few occasions they have obviously been making a racket while I was half asleep and I waken, thinking for certain that someone has knocked on my door (brains like to 'fix' things to fit with normal experience, so ... [More]
Comment icon #14 Posted by ChrLzs on 18 October, 2017, 4:14
Oh, and of course we need a picture of the Knocker/s... awwwww..... and check out the huge fluffy but prehensile tail..
Comment icon #15 Posted by Otherside_Explorer on 2 June, 2018, 4:20
I just happened to Google "knocks waking me up" and found this forum. Over the past 7-8 months I've been woke up at least 4 times by knocking, plus twice has occurred while awake while lying in bed in a dark room - once with another person in bed w me. She was freaked out because we were talking about her dead father at the time and the 3 knocks, clear as day as if someone was knocking on the wall inside the room, came from near the window of the hotel room on the 2nd floor. My "symptoms" are far, far different than explained in the "exploding head syndrome" definition too. Interestingly thoug... [More]
Comment icon #16 Posted by Ace_the_cat on 5 June, 2018, 1:57
Hi, I'm new to the forum but I experienced the knocking last night for the first time in my life. My husband was with me and heard it too. It was a triple knock that sounded like it came from behind us,which would be the backyard. We checked everywhere and found nothing. Does this mean that a death is coming or a spirit is present? I'm so freaked out by the whole thing.

My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia