Friday, May 29, 2020
Have you ever lived in a haunted house, spotted a UFO, captured something unusual on camera or otherwise had a brush with the mysterious ? If so then we want to hear from you - please send us your story and we will feature it in our new Stories & Experiences section.

Eyes the color of the fire in hell

Posted on 12-19-2019 | Comment icon 8 comments

By: Slick | Location: Ohio

Image Credit: sxc.hu
One night me and my wife were about to sit down to watch some TV. It was about 10 o'clock so we had some lights on. I sit in a recliner and she sit on the couch no more than 4 ft apart we both had about the same view in towards our bedroom.

I am not sure who seen them them first I just remember saying 'do you see that' and turning my face away from them piecing red eyes she said 'yes' and maybe 20 or 30 seconds later I looked to see if it was still there and they were gone thank god.
I ask her where did it go she said 'I don't know, I couldn't look at it'. I couldn't either it scared me to my soul I knew in my heart them belonged to something in hell. Years before that my dogs had a stand off with something and finally my one dog advances on whatever they could see and all of them turned their heads towards the bedroom. I knew they could see something I couldn't so I ran into the bedroom and I could hear claws going up into our finished attic so I ran up there I could hear them claws going all the way up but I could see nothing. So I walked around up there, then I went back downstairs.

When I went to bed that night about 3 in the morning where my arm was hanging over the bed it felt like something hit my arm with a sledge hammer. I jumped up accusing my wife of hurting me in my sleep but I knew she didn't do anything so I searched the house and couldn't find anything. Then it me I cornered whatever it was in the Attic and pissed it off.

I moved out of that house - nothing ever since.

Comments (8)

<< Previous story
Life changing experience

Comment icon #1 Posted by papageorge1 on 19 December, 2019, 16:35
Sounds like it fits in my 'the paranormal is rare but not all that rare either' category. A hundred similar stories.... Papameter  75% Paranormal    25% Hoax/Natural
Comment icon #2 Posted by Kittens Are Jerks on 19 December, 2019, 17:48
There are a number of animals whose eyes glow red in the dark (owls, cats, rabbits, raccoons, for example). An animal would also explain the claw noises they heard in the attic.
Comment icon #3 Posted by jowasmus on 23 December, 2019, 15:48
I would have assumed animal as well. I have to ask, this is just me asking, if it was something out of hell, would your family & your dogs be here today? I mean some kind of hell beast demon monster should have just got you (with more than a sledgehammer) or at least your dogs. I find an incredibly high survival rate in "real life" verses the movie screen. I'm not making fun of you, just curious.
Comment icon #4 Posted by jbondo on 10 January, 2020, 15:44
Cats can have red glowing eyes. A feral, or stray cat would certainly be an option here. Also, we sometimes perceive red glowing eyes that are really yellow. However, based on the angle, distance, lighting, etc..they may appear red. In this case, a racoon could be the culprit. Both have claws, of course. I would have looked for claw marks and other evidence of an animal. If something is nesting up in the attic, or coming in and out thru a small hole somewhere, there's going to be evidence. Muddy prints, nest, maybe droppings, but not likely. Urine smell is more of a possibility than droppings.... [More]
Comment icon #5 Posted by tortugabob on 13 January, 2020, 1:47
Rolling eyes now.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Manwon Lender on 13 January, 2020, 2:03
I don't think they should watch scary movies anymore, they obviously can handle them. peace
Comment icon #7 Posted by joc on 13 January, 2020, 2:54
Racoon
Comment icon #8 Posted by Tigershifter on 21 April, 2020, 23:13
Ive seen the glowing eyes and what they were attached to. Lucifer.

Orb of light in room
5-9-2020 | USA/Texas/Waco

Not sleeping alone
5-9-2020 | Los Angeles

Glowing red eyes
5-9-2020 | Fields, Louisiana

Two creature sightings
5-1-2020 | Augusta and Louisana

My haunted home
5-1-2020 | Rainham, Essex, UK

In over my head
3-3-2020 | CA

Stranger at night
3-3-2020 | Merritt Island, FL, U.S.

The babysitter