Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Bright UFO descends over Iceland town

Posted on Wednesday, 23 October, 2013 | Comment icon 44 comments

The object appears to land between the buildings. Image Credit: YouTube / Bjarki Mikkelsen
Time lapse footage of a town in Iceland has captured an eerie object descending from the heavens.
Bjarki Mikkelsen had recorded the video in the town of Akureyri in Northern Iceland at the end of September. He hadn't been aware that the time lapse video had caught anything unusual until he came back to view the recording at a later date.

The object, which appears red on the video, can be seen in the sky above the town descending towards the buildings, eventually disappearing behind one of them. There is no discernible explosion or impact at the point at which it seems to hit the ground.

Opinions are divided on what the footage shows. Some comments on the video have suggested that the object is a flare, a drone or a Chinese lantern, however a conclusive explanation for the sighting has yet to be found.

Source: Huffington Post | Comments (44)

Tags: UFO, Iceland

Comment icon #35 Posted by trudoug on 24 October, 2013, 2:52
Comment icon #36 Posted by krypter3 on 24 October, 2013, 4:13
lol really. It's a flare or something burning as it floated down
Comment icon #37 Posted by Jacques Terreur on 24 October, 2013, 4:27
Ah, hello? No satisfactory answer is found? Hello? i'd walk right down to the spot and investigate it...dang, is everyone just looking out their windows at this? it's obvious, innit? I mean, curiosity is what brought humanity forward until this day. So , if you witness something like that, why not grab your camera, an umbrella (or whatever they use for self defending precaution in iceland) and GET THE **** OUT to the place where it came down!
Comment icon #38 Posted by Lex540 on 24 October, 2013, 13:28
what can i say. oh i know reserve my comments
Comment icon #39 Posted by Einsteinium on 24 October, 2013, 13:58
Doubtless you are right... it is probably a CGI. Or, perhaps a balloon and LED. But it is not a chinese lantern or helicopter or a flare. I agree with that. I am curious as to why you rule a parachute flare out? It looks just like one to me. My ex military- now helicopter pilot friend who is very familiar with flares agrees and tells me that it is obviously a parachute flare no question about it.
Comment icon #40 Posted by DieChecker on 24 October, 2013, 17:17
I am curious as to why you rule a parachute flare out? It looks just like one to me. My ex military- now helicopter pilot friend who is very familiar with flares agrees and tells me that it is obviously a parachute flare no question about it. Mostly I was just being snarky to the other poster. But the lack of smoke is one reason. He was trying to imply it was ET in origin, but I agreed with his post to suggest it was CGI. It seems to be about 500 to 700 meters away to me. Which probably means it is not a normal sized aircraft of any kind.
Comment icon #41 Posted by seeder on 24 October, 2013, 18:37
Mostly I was just being snarky to the other poster. But the lack of smoke is one reason. He was trying to imply it was ET in origin, but I agreed with his post to suggest it was CGI. It seems to be about 500 to 700 meters away to me. Which probably means it is not a normal sized aircraft of any kind. exactly. Id also looked for something to compare size, IMO it looked to about as big as a one of the buildings windows, and certainly about half size of the cars. bearing in mind the glow wouldn't be its actual size, itd be smaller than its glow, so yeh, a smallish object for sure
Comment icon #42 Posted by Lava_Lady on 25 October, 2013, 3:58
Whatever it is, it's pretty cool looking. I was expecting a more climactic ending, an explosion or something, but I guess it's a good thing nothing happened.
Comment icon #43 Posted by Lumpy-YNWA on 25 October, 2013, 17:05
Yeah it could be a parachute flare. It's not a video in reverse though as at the bottom of the video, you can see people walking around.........unless they are walking backwards down the street? I think it was a small craft carrying a little boy who in 18 years will appear in our skies and on our tv wearing a red and blue suit.
Comment icon #44 Posted by Chooky88 on 14 November, 2013, 3:09
I almost burnt my town down playing with a parachute flare. Bloody wind, bloody dry bushes and bloody stupid! Not to mention bloody lucky putting it out in sandles without getting burnt.

SpaceX plans to send humans to Mars by 2022
9-28-2016
Elon Musk has outlined his extraordinarily ambitious plans to make mankind an interplanetary species.
Proteins found in prehistoric ostrich eggs
9-28-2016
Scientists have discovered the world's oldest genetic information within 3.8 million-year-old eggshells.
Police helicopter films UFO on thermal camera
9-27-2016
Thermal footage of a strange object flying over the Bristol Channel in the UK has been uploaded online.
Melting glaciers could expose Cold War base
9-27-2016
A secret US facility hidden beneath the ice is believed to contain significant amounts of nuclear waste.
Alaska's bubbling lakes
Posted 9-28-2016 | 0 comments
Many lakes in the boreal regions of Alaska are emitting copious amounts of methane gas.

Elephants unite
Posted 9-27-2016 | 0 comments
Two elephant families decide to join together on the plains of Africa in this BBC wildlife clip.

Why do we get pruney fingers in water ?
Posted 9-26-2016 | 2 comments
Why do your fingers turn in to prunes when you stay in the bath too long ?

Crushing shoes
Posted 9-25-2016 | 0 comments
What happens when you crush shoes in a high-powered hydraulic press ?

Meet the human torch
Posted 9-24-2016 | 0 comments
Josef Toedtling from Austria has made a successful career out of setting himself on fire.

Black magic
9-27-2016 | Mineral Wells, Texas

Crying mother
9-27-2016 | Centrol Mexico

Red-faced monster
9-14-2016 | Lox Florida

Locked door
9-14-2016 | Ho Chi Minh city/Vietnam

The visit
9-9-2016 | West Palm Beach, Fl

Translucent silent UFO
9-9-2016 | Brisbane/Australia

Sleep paralysis and strange activity
9-1-2016 | Tarpon Springs, FL