Friday, September 4, 2015   |   4,622 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

Intricate crop circle appears in California

Posted on Wednesday, 1 January, 2014 | Comment icon 116 comments

The impressive design has been attracting a lot of attention. Image Credit: YouTube / ITN
A strange crop circle has been hitting the headlines since appearing in a barley field east of Salinas.
Consisting of a large outer ring, several smaller circles and a complex pattern of squares and rectangles, the impressive design turned up in a Californian field early on Monday morning and spans an area almost an acre across.

Local residents appeared baffled by the incident with no explanation forthcoming as to how or why someone would go to such lengths to create it. The field's owner has since hired security guards to monitor the property, allowing access only to news reporters.

"I don't know what it is supposed to be ... but it is beautiful," said Julie Belanger who recorded aerial footage of the design.

To date nobody knows who was responsible or how it was done.

Source: Weather Channel | Comments (116)

Tags: Crop Circle

Comment icon #107 Posted by toast on 6 January, 2014, 18:13
They can claim want ever they want but I don´t take attention on such treehugger "feelings" in general.
Comment icon #108 Posted by Bramley on 6 January, 2014, 18:41
TreeHugger, feet firmly on the ground eh.
Comment icon #109 Posted by cdooginz on 7 January, 2014, 11:03
At first I thought the artist was trying to mimic the "shambhala mandala" but Rafterman found out the true source. Good job.
Comment icon #110 Posted by AlienDan on 8 January, 2014, 5:28
I dont deny the existence of BOLS. I still havent seen any proof that BOLs create crop circles. Only that theyre seen around them. Correlation =/= causation. Many people claim to have seen fairies. Does that mean they're real to? And the "formation" in the http://www.iccra.org/bystate/New%20Jersey/ICCRA%20-%20NJ%20-%20Port%20Monmouth,%20Monmouth%20County%20%28July%204,%201970%29.htm link you posted is wind/rain damage. None of these links are anything new either. What is the latest research you are refering to? The only video I know of is olivers caslte, and we can see stomp... [More]
Comment icon #111 Posted by badeskov on 9 January, 2014, 6:07
I am afraid you are preaching to the choir here. Zoser is off to nurture his next epic fail, I believe. Cheers, Badeskov
Comment icon #112 Posted by Chancizzel on 15 January, 2014, 0:54
I hope we get a lot more it is full of art and sequence : )
Comment icon #113 Posted by Chancizzel on 15 January, 2014, 0:56
I hope we get a lot more it is full of art and sequence : )
Comment icon #114 Posted by TheGreatBeliever on 23 January, 2014, 15:12
til now am still very intrigued bout this crop circle thing. its amazing how they say most r created within a day or even few hours without anyone noticing it. whats more they r so huge! could it really be extraterrestrials n their crafts? surely by now someone would have installed video cams..
Comment icon #115 Posted by toast on 23 January, 2014, 15:36
Comment icon #116 Posted by Azznerak the Black on 25 January, 2014, 2:07
Its California.......of course Aliens did it.

UFO sighting over Japan
8-13-2015 | Japan

Twin UFOs on patrol
8-6-2015 | England

Something roaming in the woods
7-19-2015 | Salt Fork, Ohio

Strange growl
7-16-2015 | Yakima, WA

Loud screeching in the woods
7-10-2015 | Kansas, IL

Was she my spirit guide?
7-3-2015 | Ringgold, Georgia, USA

Floating above my bed
7-2-2015 | Brittany, France

The haunted Queenslander
7-2-2015 | Queensland, Australia

'IT' was there to take me!
7-2-2015 | Ringgold, Georgia, USA