Thursday, October 23, 2014   |   4,170 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

Bob Lazar still defends story 25 years on

Posted on Friday, 16 May, 2014 | Comment icon 1341 comments

The road leading to the Area 51 facility in Nevada. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.5 Cooper

The alleged former Area 51 scientist continues to maintain that everything he has said is true.

Robert Lazar, the man who claimed that he had worked at a secretive test facility known as "S4" near the infamous Area 51, is perhaps the single most controversial figure in Ufological history. An alleged witness to several captured alien 'saucers', Lazar claims to have examined and worked on these machines and the fuel source that powered them, Element 115, for several months between 1988 and 1989.

25 years on and Lazar, who now operates a scientific supply firm with his wife in Michigan, still maintains that everything he has ever said about his time at Area 51 is true. Despite the amount of media attention his story received however he insists that he isn't interested in fame.

"Look, I'm not out there giving UFO lectures, producing tapes," he told George Knapp during a recent interview. "This is not a business of mine. I am trying to run a scientific business, and if I'm the UFO guy, it makes it really difficult, it is to my benefit that people don't believe the story."

Veteran UFO researcher Stanton Friedman has been researching Lazar's story for years but has never been able to satisfactorily corroborate his claims.

"Here is a bright guy. I did a lot of checking. I find a lot of things didn't check out," he said. "It doesn't mean I disagree with everything he ever said, or that he was a liar all the time. It means I can't find the story as presented. What he did out there I don't know."

Source: 8 News Now | Comments (1341)

Tags: Bob Lazar, Area 51

Comment icon #1332 Posted by psyche101 on 19 June, 2014, 6:52
I cannot agree, he invented the radio, how does the translate to poor understanding? He was the foremost in that field. Yes I did, I do not hide from his wilder claims, they exist and I have to not only deal with them, but how fringe uses them, which is more than frustrating I assure you. That was also from his later pot smoking years, not the initial notes destroyed in the fire at Wardenclyffe. As such I do not see them as related. It was lost to the fire, I do not believe we must know what he did by now, he said conventional principals were not the key to understanding his wor... [More]
Comment icon #1333 Posted by psyche101 on 19 June, 2014, 6:55
What if Lazar is responsible for the comet that impregnated the earth and is the father of the moon? Just as valid.
Comment icon #1334 Posted by Admiral Rhubarb on 19 June, 2014, 7:07
of course, some might say the same about looking for ETs and UFOs using the methods we do, such as looking for radio transmissions or trying to track them on radar ... * or RADAR
Comment icon #1335 Posted by psyche101 on 19 June, 2014, 7:35
I don't see them as the same - people are wondering if other methods exist to track UFO's, Tesla specifically said we were looking at his work the wrong way. But my pioneer efforts in this later field are still grossly misunderstood. He is quite specific that his methods are not being looked at in the right way, and seems rather frustrated by it. Not to mention actually inventing AC power shows he knows what he was talking about when nobody else did with regards to principals. UFO's are tracked on RADAR, all the time too, they just stay here is all, they do not go into space... [More]
Comment icon #1336 Posted by Occams Razor on 19 June, 2014, 9:46
No, I don't think so... what was amazing exotic technology back then is well understood run-of-the-mill stuff today. Anyway enough... we're going around and around in circles, I've said all I'm going to say on the subject... we'll just have to believe what we believe.
Comment icon #1337 Posted by zoser on 19 June, 2014, 18:33
That's the nature of Ufology I'm afraid. Revelation is often followed up by a discrediting campaign. It's been happening for years. The government are the only people that can help you. I don't need the proof that you need. I have seen enough cases, heard enough testimony to convince me that what Lazar is saying is the truth. Only the blind need hard evidence. I'm sorry but it's true. Both actually.
Comment icon #1338 Posted by zoser on 19 June, 2014, 18:34
If I had a choice it would probably be one of the witnesses to the Allagash incident or some other famous UFO case. Lazar couldn't actually tell me anything he hasn't already disclosed.
Comment icon #1339 Posted by sinewave on 19 June, 2014, 19:35
Indeed, a more leaky boat is hard to find. Or another way to look at it is, people make stuff up and some choose to believe it and others don't. Right, because you need to believe this is all true. Second and third hand accounts are enough because you have already decided without any compelling evidence. Only a fool believes without substantial evidence.
Comment icon #1340 Posted by scowl on 20 June, 2014, 15:39
You mean like the revelation of the Alien Autopsy? I agree with you completely. That was followed by a discrediting campaign but not before Ray Santilli made millions of dollars from suckers like you who never demand hard evidence. What's been happening is that wild stories have been told for decades and absolutely nothing has come from them other than UFO books, UFO conventions, UFO television shows, and shameless profiteering. The UFOlogists have discredited themselves by being completely unable to learn anything about the phenomenon which pays their bills. Santilli was just the one ... [More]
Comment icon #1341 Posted by DONTEATUS on 4 July, 2014, 21:22
Didnt they have a T.V. show in the early 60`s about the Alien autopsy ? I think it was called Dr. Killdare or something like that ! Bring Back Bob Lazar Thread 2014 July ITs Independence Day ! Kill the Aliens ! " We Will not Go down with out a Fight " Yadiee-Yadieee !

Hotel hauntings