Saturday, July 30, 2016

Bob Lazar still defends story 25 years on

Posted on Friday, 16 May, 2014 | Comment icon 1341 comments

The road leading to the Area 51 facility in Nevada. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.5 Cooper
The alleged former Area 51 scientist continues to maintain that everything he has said is true.
Robert Lazar, the man who claimed that he had worked at a secretive test facility known as "S4" near the infamous Area 51, is perhaps the single most controversial figure in Ufological history. An alleged witness to several captured alien 'saucers', Lazar claims to have examined and worked on these machines and the fuel source that powered them, Element 115, for several months between 1988 and 1989.

25 years on and Lazar, who now operates a scientific supply firm with his wife in Michigan, still maintains that everything he has ever said about his time at Area 51 is true. Despite the amount of media attention his story received however he insists that he isn't interested in fame.

"Look, I'm not out there giving UFO lectures, producing tapes," he told George Knapp during a recent interview. "This is not a business of mine. I am trying to run a scientific business, and if I'm the UFO guy, it makes it really difficult, it is to my benefit that people don't believe the story."

Veteran UFO researcher Stanton Friedman has been researching Lazar's story for years but has never been able to satisfactorily corroborate his claims.

"Here is a bright guy. I did a lot of checking. I find a lot of things didn't check out," he said. "It doesn't mean I disagree with everything he ever said, or that he was a liar all the time. It means I can't find the story as presented. What he did out there I don't know."

Source: 8 News Now | Comments (1341)

Tags: Bob Lazar, Area 51

Comment icon #1332 Posted by psyche101 on 19 June, 2014, 6:52
True but he had a poor understanding of it... so RF was poorly understood at the time. I cannot agree, he invented the radio, how does the translate to poor understanding? He was the foremost in that field. Didn't you say he thought he was from Venus? Yes I did, I do not hide from his wilder claims, they exist and I have to not only deal with them, but how fringe uses them, which is more than frustrating I assure you. That was also from his later pot smoking years, not the initial notes destroyed in the fire at Wardenclyffe. As such I do not see them as related. Unfortunately a lot of his stuf... [More]
Comment icon #1333 Posted by psyche101 on 19 June, 2014, 6:55
Just found this: Seems to agree with my earlier hypothesis: What if Lazar was chosen to release this information as a test to see the overall reaction from the public at large? We say that we are ready for "the arrival" but we are quick to kill the messenger. To this I say we are not ready to hear that we are not alone. This all could have been staged. Lazar could have unwittingly delivered the seeds to be planted. They have taken root, however the tree of knowledge that could grow from these seeds could produce bitter fruit. Obviously sour grapes are nothing new to Lazar. http://groundzeromed... [More]
Comment icon #1334 Posted by Admiral Rhubarb on 19 June, 2014, 7:07
Not is Tesla was correct in that we are using the wrong principals to try to understand what he was doing. We all keep applying the same old but we know that is not working. of course, some might say the same about looking for ETs and UFOs using the methods we do, such as looking for radio transmissions or trying to track them on radar ...* or RADAR
Comment icon #1335 Posted by psyche101 on 19 June, 2014, 7:35
of course, some might say the same about looking for ETs and UFOs using the methods we do, such as looking for radio transmissions or trying to track them on radar ... * or RADAR I don't see them as the same - people are wondering if other methods exist to track UFO's, Tesla specifically said we were looking at his work the wrong way. But my pioneer efforts in this later field are still grossly misunderstood. He is quite specific that his methods are not being looked at in the right way, and seems rather frustrated by it. Not to mention actually inventing AC power shows he knows what he was ta... [More]
Comment icon #1336 Posted by Occams Razor on 19 June, 2014, 9:46
I cannot agree, he invented the radio, how does the translate to poor understanding? He was the foremost in that field. He found that high voltage at high frequency radiated energy, an electromagnetic field, so it's RF. He didn't have a good understanding of it though, he had no idea about antenna resonance, wavelength or feed point impedance etc, he had no idea how to radiate the field efficiently. Think of it like the guy that invented the internal combustion engine... he can make it work well enough to know it can be done... but it's hardly a Ferrari V12 is it. So why tell Morgan this when ... [More]
Comment icon #1337 Posted by zoser on 19 June, 2014, 18:33
What if? I am sorry, you are way past the limit for assumptions on this topic. How about something of substance instead of more government-hating paranoia. That's the nature of Ufology I'm afraid. Revelation is often followed up by a discrediting campaign. It's been happening for years. The government are the only people that can help you. I don't need the proof that you need. I have seen enough cases, heard enough testimony to convince me that what Lazar is saying is the truth. Only the blind need hard evidence. I'm sorry but it's true. Based on facts or some deep-seated mistrust of authority... [More]
Comment icon #1338 Posted by zoser on 19 June, 2014, 18:34
We could all pich in and send Zoser to Meet Squiggley Bob & Bob Lazar in person. It just may change His Life forever ! Amore` ! If I had a choice it would probably be one of the witnesses to the Allagash incident or some other famous UFO case. Lazar couldn't actually tell me anything he hasn't already disclosed.
Comment icon #1339 Posted by sinewave on 19 June, 2014, 19:35
That's the nature of Ufology I'm afraid. Indeed, a more leaky boat is hard to find. Revelation is often followed up by a discrediting campaign. It's been happening for years. The government are the only people that can help you. Or another way to look at it is, people make stuff up and some choose to believe it and others don't. I don't need the proof that you need. I have seen enough cases, heard enough testimony to convince me that what Lazar is saying is the truth. Right, because you need to believe this is all true. Second and third hand accounts are enough because you have already decided... [More]
Comment icon #1340 Posted by scowl on 20 June, 2014, 15:39
Revelation is often followed up by a discrediting campaign. It's been happening for years. The government are the only people that can help you. You mean like the revelation of the Alien Autopsy? I agree with you completely. That was followed by a discrediting campaign but not before Ray Santilli made millions of dollars from suckers like you who never demand hard evidence. What's been happening is that wild stories have been told for decades and absolutely nothing has come from them other than UFO books, UFO conventions, UFO television shows, and shameless profiteering. The UFOlogists have di... [More]
Comment icon #1341 Posted by DONTEATUS on 4 July, 2014, 21:22
Didnt they have a T.V. show in the early 60`s about the Alien autopsy ? I think it was called Dr. Killdare or something like that ! Bring Back Bob Lazar Thread 2014 July ITs Independence Day ! Kill the Aliens ! " We Will not Go down with out a Fight " Yadiee-Yadieee !

How much would the Enterprise cost to run ?
7-30-2016
An engineering firm has attempted to calculate how much Captain Kirk's ship would actually cost to run.
Mammoth cloning attempt in 'initial stages'
7-30-2016
Russian and Korean scientists have made an important first step towards creating a live woolly mammoth.
Norway is planning to give Finland a mountain
7-30-2016
The summit of Mount Halti could be gifted to Finland to celebrate 100 years of independence from Russia.
Cheese discovered in 340-year-old shipwreck
7-29-2016
A container of foul-smelling cheese has been recovered from the site of a sunken 17th-century gunship.
Unboxing an $8000 robot
Posted 7-30-2016 | 1 comment
For the technology enthusiast who has everything - here's Nao the robot.

Can you crash something in to the sun ?
Posted 7-29-2016 | 0 comments
A look at the difficulties involved in sending a spacecraft to collide with the sun.

What if Lego figures were real ?
Posted 7-28-2016 | 4 comments
A bizarre look at a creepy Lego-inspired mask that turns you in to a life-sized Lego minifigure.

Following the Oregon Trail
Posted 7-27-2016 | 1 comment
A look back at Narcissa Whitman - the first woman to complete the Oregon Trail.

Walking over light bulbs
Posted 7-26-2016 | 5 comments
This skilled Chinese woman succeeds in walking across light bulbs for 20 meters.

Light in Orion
7-23-2016 | Tampa, Florida

Girl with the broken neck
7-23-2016 | Mississippi

Holes in cotton clothing
7-23-2016 | Somerset, UK

Three knocks in the night
6-28-2016 | Cedar City, Utah