Sunday, July 31, 2016

Cluster of UFOs filmed over Russian capital

Posted on Friday, 5 February, 2016 | Comment icon 26 comments

Several UFOs have been sighted over Moscow in recent years. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Asguskov
Footage showing a group of unidentified objects flying in formation over Moscow has appeared online.
Recorded at the end of last month, the video was shot by a man known only as Timur and shows what appear to be four objects flying close together over the city after dark.

"There were four balls of light," he said. "A red one to the left, two white ones in the middle and a less bright one to the right. Sometimes the one on the right would disappear and come back. All together, they made the geometric shape of a rhombus."

"Iíve been living in the district for two years, and have never seen anything like that before."

While some skeptics have argued that the objects may have been conventional aircraft, drones or even a reflection of lights on the ground, Russian UFO expert Vadim Chernobrov remains adamant that what the footage shows is something genuinely unexplained.

"The chance of it being some sort of mirage is also impossible due to the precise geometric form the objects have formed. Some have said they could look like Chinese lanterns but I would dismiss this possibility because of the movements and speed of the objects."

Source: News.com.au | Comments (26)

Tags: UFO, Moscow

Comment icon #17 Posted by DieChecker on 6 February, 2016, 15:24
I always watch UFO videos with the sound off. So that whatever talking they are doing doesn't influence what I am looking at, and let's be real.... 99% of what these videos are about is visual.
Comment icon #18 Posted by Hammerclaw on 6 February, 2016, 15:59
Lights in the sky are just lights in the sky, which is already filled with both natural and man made ones.
Comment icon #19 Posted by JesseCuster on 6 February, 2016, 22:01
Bermuda Ball Lightning paralysis. These kind of posts have become the UM equivalent of people posting "First!" on YouTube.
Comment icon #20 Posted by JesseCuster on 6 February, 2016, 22:11
This could be the lights of a high rise building site in the fog. I'm gonna guess lights on a high-rise crane (edit: Darn, beaten to it by DieChecker). Seen it before being touted as UFOs.For a bunch of UFOs flying in formation, they didn't seem to do much flying. In fact they didn't move at all. Which is what suggests they are simply stationary lights on top of a structure. And the comment from the "Russian UFO expert Vadim Chernobrov": "The lights cannot be explained as either an atmospheric or a cosmic image," he said."The chance of it being some sort of mirage is also impossible due to the... [More]
Comment icon #21 Posted by joonmoon999 on 7 February, 2016, 2:53
Comment icon #22 Posted by Thorvir Hrothgaard on 7 February, 2016, 3:41
They were just drones flying overhead, making people think it was sort of UFO, scaring us. Nah. Aliens are shy. Lol Plus I don't think they would announce themselves to thousands of air-defense systems by flashing bright lights and flying low.
Comment icon #23 Posted by wadoor on 7 February, 2016, 11:43
Comment icon #24 Posted by Thorvir Hrothgaard on 7 February, 2016, 14:13
Firstly. I completely believe in aliens. But I think they could be Jupiter and Venus lining up. It happened in my part of the world recently. I did not see it as it was before sunrise. Ok so with a star map app, I set my location to Moscow and scrolled back to July last year. Looking east just after sunset there is a very similar star pattern. Anyway please look at the screen shot I've attached. I want to know what you guys think. What does "completely believe in aliens" mean? I "completely believe in aliens", I just don't believe, at this time, that they are visiting this planet on a daily ba... [More]
Comment icon #25 Posted by freetoroam on 7 February, 2016, 14:29
They were just drones flying overhead, making people think it was sort of UFO, scaring us. Nah. Aliens are shy. Lol Only one person did not think, he videoed some static lights. the rest of Moscow were not scared and did not seem to think they were being visited. Oh and one expert also did not think, so that's only 2 non thinkers.
Comment icon #26 Posted by DieChecker on 7 February, 2016, 14:46
I'm gonna guess lights on a high-rise crane (edit: Darn, beaten to it by DieChecker). Seen it before being touted as UFOs. SCORE!!!

How much would the Enterprise cost to run ?
7-30-2016
An engineering firm has attempted to calculate how much Captain Kirk's ship would actually cost to run.
Mammoth cloning attempt in 'initial stages'
7-30-2016
Russian and Korean scientists have made an important first step towards creating a live woolly mammoth.
Norway is planning to give Finland a mountain
7-30-2016
The summit of Mount Halti could be gifted to Finland to celebrate 100 years of independence from Russia.
Cheese discovered in 340-year-old shipwreck
7-29-2016
A container of foul-smelling cheese has been recovered from the site of a sunken 17th-century gunship.
Unboxing an $8000 robot
Posted 7-30-2016 | 1 comment
For the technology enthusiast who has everything - here's Nao the robot.

Can you crash something in to the sun ?
Posted 7-29-2016 | 0 comments
A look at the difficulties involved in sending a spacecraft to collide with the sun.

What if Lego figures were real ?
Posted 7-28-2016 | 4 comments
A bizarre look at a creepy Lego-inspired mask that turns you in to a life-sized Lego minifigure.

Following the Oregon Trail
Posted 7-27-2016 | 1 comment
A look back at Narcissa Whitman - the first woman to complete the Oregon Trail.

Walking over light bulbs
Posted 7-26-2016 | 5 comments
This skilled Chinese woman succeeds in walking across light bulbs for 20 meters.

Light in Orion
7-23-2016 | Tampa, Florida

Girl with the broken neck
7-23-2016 | Mississippi

Holes in cotton clothing
7-23-2016 | Somerset, UK

Three knocks in the night
6-28-2016 | Cedar City, Utah