Thursday, July 27, 2017

1,200ft-wide UFO reported over Gulf of Mexico

Posted on Sunday, 26 March, 2017 | Comment icon 124 comments

What did the man see ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 BetacommandBot
A crew member of an offshore supply ship claimed the object was 'five times the size' of his vessel.
The encounter, which has since been reported to the National UFO Reporting Center, occurred on Tuesday in an area approximately 80 miles to the southeast of New Orleans.

"Close to 7:00 pm on March 21st, just before dusk, myself and 4 of the crew members aboard our vessel saw a craft that appeared to be five times our 240 ft vessel in length," the man wrote.

"The craft rose up out of the water (Gulf of Mexico) about 40 feet, no water was dripping from the craft. Within a split second the craft disappeared at a 30 degree angle into the sky."

The report was considered so compelling in fact that NUFORC has highlighted it as one of the most signicant of its recent submissions and is now actively seeking out other witnesses.

"We spoke via telephone with this witness, and he seemed to us to be unusually sober-minded," the organization wrote on its website. "We suspect that he is a very capable, and very reliable, witness."

"He estimates that upwards of perhaps 50 people, who were aboard nearby vessels, may have witnessed the event, as well."

Source: gcaption.com | Comments (124)

Tags: UFO, Gulf of Mexico

Comment icon #115 Posted by Noteverythingisaconspiracy on 31 March, 2017, 15:17
Its worse than that. According to the link it travelled fater than the speed of light: "The speed of a light turning on in a room" is ofcourse the speed of light, so if we are to belive this witness testimony it travelled faster than the speed of light.
Comment icon #116 Posted by Merc14 on 31 March, 2017, 15:23
I know but I didn't want to assume too much from this one guy's report hence "much faster than the speed of sound" . I like the mirage explanation because it explains thenot disturbing the water and disappearing instantly and also may explain why none of the other 50 witnesses bothered to report anything.
Comment icon #117 Posted by Paul ! on 31 March, 2017, 15:28
Would there not be security cameras on the ship ?
Comment icon #118 Posted by quillius on 31 March, 2017, 15:32
Hi Merc, to be fair I don't think number of witnesses is confirmed. The initial claimant says he was on board with four other crew members, he then also says that there were at least 2 nearby rigs which could have had more witnesses. NUFOC's comments are that the claimant had told them that there 'may' be up to 50 more witnesses from the other vessels. Either way, mirage as you suggested must be front runner!
Comment icon #119 Posted by Merc14 on 31 March, 2017, 15:37
Ok thanks Quillis, it has been awhile since I read the source article.
Comment icon #120 Posted by quillius on 31 March, 2017, 16:08
no worries, the usual 2nd,3rd and 4th hand reports....add a bit here, take away a little there........ personally its why I got a little fed up with the subject.....used to spend hours and hours trying to get to the truth....and that's just the truth of what was said, which should have been a two minute job. Sadly that doesn't pay the bills so I had to use my limited time more wisely
Comment icon #121 Posted by XenoFish on 31 March, 2017, 17:45
The sheer amount of kinetic energy would be highly destructive. Because something that sizehas a lot of mass.
Comment icon #122 Posted by Rhinopolis on 1 April, 2017, 11:54
I rarely post on the forum, but I always enjoy reading through the threads. One of the things that I appreciate most about the UM community is that there appears to be some highly educated contributors who make some strong arguments for their cases. I posted several years ago on this forum and recalledan event where I witnessed what I described as a "cloud like" UFO moving across the sky at a high rate of speed, and then moving up and out of sightat a 45 degree angle. I was driving home from work early one evening while on the phone with my father, and onceI recognized that something was "... [More]
Comment icon #123 Posted by RoofGardener on 20 May, 2017, 17:47
What is most amazing and unexplained about this event is that the UFO managed to find somebody in the Northern hemisphere who did NOT have a mobile phone with a camera/video camera built into it ! I mean.. what are the odds ?
Comment icon #124 Posted by freetoroam on 20 May, 2017, 19:12
yeah, like what if the one crew member did not make up this rubbish,then we would haveone thread less.

3,500-year-old lunch box found in Swiss Alps
7-26-2017
An extraordinarily well-preserved lunch box has been discovered on Switzerland's Lotschberg mountain.
1962 'thing in the woods' was CIA spy camera
7-26-2017
A mystery spanning over 55 years has finally been solved thanks to newly released CIA documents.
Giant black swan once roamed New Zealand
7-26-2017
Scientists have found evidence of a huge, hulking semi-flightless swan that went extinct 500 years ago.
Time is key to happiness, new study claims
7-25-2017
According to researchers, stressing out over a lack of time is a leading cause of anxiety and depression.
Augmented reality
Posted 7-26-2017 | 1 comment
A look at a new technology that superimposes computer-generated images over the real world.

Redefining the kilogram
Posted 7-24-2017 | 0 comments

Stretchy batteries
Posted 7-23-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists have come up with a way to make batteries and their cases stretchy.

Counting to one billion
Posted 7-22-2017 | 1 comment

Dolphins beach themselves to catch fish
Posted 7-21-2017 | 0 comments

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI