Tuesday, September 26, 2017

1,200ft-wide UFO reported over Gulf of Mexico

Posted on Sunday, 26 March, 2017 | Comment icon 124 comments

What did the man see ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 BetacommandBot
A crew member of an offshore supply ship claimed the object was 'five times the size' of his vessel.
The encounter, which has since been reported to the National UFO Reporting Center, occurred on Tuesday in an area approximately 80 miles to the southeast of New Orleans.

"Close to 7:00 pm on March 21st, just before dusk, myself and 4 of the crew members aboard our vessel saw a craft that appeared to be five times our 240 ft vessel in length," the man wrote.

"The craft rose up out of the water (Gulf of Mexico) about 40 feet, no water was dripping from the craft. Within a split second the craft disappeared at a 30 degree angle into the sky."

The report was considered so compelling in fact that NUFORC has highlighted it as one of the most signicant of its recent submissions and is now actively seeking out other witnesses.

"We spoke via telephone with this witness, and he seemed to us to be unusually sober-minded," the organization wrote on its website. "We suspect that he is a very capable, and very reliable, witness."

"He estimates that upwards of perhaps 50 people, who were aboard nearby vessels, may have witnessed the event, as well."

Source: gcaption.com | Comments (124)

Tags: UFO, Gulf of Mexico

Comment icon #115 Posted by Noteverythingisaconspiracy on 31 March, 2017, 15:17
Its worse than that. According to the link it travelled fater than the speed of light: "The speed of a light turning on in a room" is ofcourse the speed of light, so if we are to belive this witness testimony it travelled faster than the speed of light.
Comment icon #116 Posted by Merc14 on 31 March, 2017, 15:23
I know but I didn't want to assume too much from this one guy's report hence "much faster than the speed of sound" . I like the mirage explanation because it explains thenot disturbing the water and disappearing instantly and also may explain why none of the other 50 witnesses bothered to report anything.
Comment icon #117 Posted by Paul ! on 31 March, 2017, 15:28
Would there not be security cameras on the ship ?
Comment icon #118 Posted by quillius on 31 March, 2017, 15:32
Hi Merc, to be fair I don't think number of witnesses is confirmed. The initial claimant says he was on board with four other crew members, he then also says that there were at least 2 nearby rigs which could have had more witnesses. NUFOC's comments are that the claimant had told them that there 'may' be up to 50 more witnesses from the other vessels. Either way, mirage as you suggested must be front runner!
Comment icon #119 Posted by Merc14 on 31 March, 2017, 15:37
Ok thanks Quillis, it has been awhile since I read the source article.
Comment icon #120 Posted by quillius on 31 March, 2017, 16:08
no worries, the usual 2nd,3rd and 4th hand reports....add a bit here, take away a little there........ personally its why I got a little fed up with the subject.....used to spend hours and hours trying to get to the truth....and that's just the truth of what was said, which should have been a two minute job. Sadly that doesn't pay the bills so I had to use my limited time more wisely
Comment icon #121 Posted by XenoFish on 31 March, 2017, 17:45
The sheer amount of kinetic energy would be highly destructive. Because something that sizehas a lot of mass.
Comment icon #122 Posted by Rhinopolis on 1 April, 2017, 11:54
I rarely post on the forum, but I always enjoy reading through the threads. One of the things that I appreciate most about the UM community is that there appears to be some highly educated contributors who make some strong arguments for their cases. I posted several years ago on this forum and recalledan event where I witnessed what I described as a "cloud like" UFO moving across the sky at a high rate of speed, and then moving up and out of sightat a 45 degree angle. I was driving home from work early one evening while on the phone with my father, and onceI recognized that something was "... [More]
Comment icon #123 Posted by RoofGardener on 20 May, 2017, 17:47
What is most amazing and unexplained about this event is that the UFO managed to find somebody in the Northern hemisphere who did NOT have a mobile phone with a camera/video camera built into it ! I mean.. what are the odds ?
Comment icon #124 Posted by freetoroam on 20 May, 2017, 19:12
yeah, like what if the one crew member did not make up this rubbish,then we would haveone thread less.

'Doomsday' has been postponed until October
9-25-2017
The man behind this month's doomsday prophecy has pushed the apocalypse back another few weeks.
Spielberg once contributed to UN UFO debate
9-25-2017
The legendary film director has made several movies exploring the themes of UFOs and extraterrestrials.
Neanderthal brains developed slower than ours
9-24-2017
The skeleton of a young Neanderthal has revealed that our brains did not develop at the same rate.
Plant-eating dinosaurs sometimes ate crabs
9-24-2017
Fossilized droppings have revealed that some herbivorous dinosaurs occasionally snacked on seafood.
Will robots take over all our jobs ?
Posted 9-23-2017 | 1 comment
As computers become increasingly sophisticated, will there be any jobs left for us ?

Exploring Antarctica's hidden depths
Posted 9-22-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists investigate some of the wildlife hidden beneath the Antarctic ice.

Science-fiction spacesuits
Posted 9-21-2017 | 0 comments
Adam Savage investigates a number of intricately detailed spacesuits used in movies.

Extreme neodymium magnet
Posted 9-20-2017 | 0 comments
Unboxing a magnet so powerful that it can suspend huge weights off the underside of a table.

Derren Brown and new age crystals
Posted 9-19-2017 | 0 comments
The psychological illusionist is joined by actor Martin Freeman for this remarkable trick.

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland

Unexplained light flashes
8-30-2017 | Louisiana

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY