Saturday, September 23, 2017

Mystery surrounds black 'smoke vortex' UFOs

Posted on Friday, 14 July, 2017 | Comment icon 13 comments

What are these objects ? Image Credit: YouTube / SWNS TV / Georgina Heap
A peculiar aerial phenomenon has been sighted in countries all across the world in recent years.
Dubbed 'smoke vortexes', these anomalous black rings have been sighted by hundreds of people everywhere from the remote wilderness of Siberia to the side of England's busy M62 motorway.

In the case of the latter, which was reported just a few days ago, the mysterious phenomenon was spotted by so many people that it ended up being covered by international news agencies.

One witness, Kimberley Robinson, described it as "the weirdest thing I have ever seen".

"Me and my boyfriend were driving today and noticed a black flying ring in the sky," she said. "It looked a bit smoky but the shape was a solid ring. We hadn't ever seen anything like this before so we have looked into it and no one knows what it is."

A similar sighting was also reported in Missouri a few days earlier and there have also been sightings over Kazakhstan, Leamington Spa and Florida over the last four years.

So what exactly are these peculiar black smoke rings ?

Far from being evidence of extraterrestrial visitors, it seems that this particular phenomenon may actually have a far more down-to-earth explanation.

"A so-called smoke vortex can arise when you have a blast through a circular structure like a smokestack," said former MoD UFO investigator Nick Pope.

"So these weird effects can be caused by accident - or indeed by design."

"On this latter point, they can be created as a sort of pyrotechnic effect and it would be interesting to know if there were any outdoor festivals being held in the area concerned."

Source: News.com.au | Comments (13)

Tags: UFO, Smoke, Ring

Comment icon #4 Posted by Myles on 14 July, 2017, 13:41
So now it is an IFO?
Comment icon #5 Posted by South Alabam on 14 July, 2017, 14:52
When I was younger I would take black powder, pour it in a circle, and light it off. A one foot circle will make a 15 foot wide smoke ring before it starts to break up. Cool effect. And possibly some sightings could be faked this way.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Calibeliever on 14 July, 2017, 17:15
^ Yes. Google "transformer blows up" and a youtube video is the first match (on mine). I saw a transformer blow once during a lightning storm. Scared the bejeezus outa me but sadly, no smoke ring formedthat time. Too windy I guess.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Sundew on 14 July, 2017, 21:17
When I was just a kid and knew little about such things, I picked up a paperback called "Stranger than Science" and there was a chapter on UFOs. One particularly interesting one was this perfectly circular ring of black which filled in completely will puffy white clouds over a series of six photographs. It sure made it look like some kind of cloaking device from another world, and what better way to hide in the sky than to look like a cloud? For years I thought this was the best footage of a UFO ever, until I learned it wasa giant smoke ring, nothing more. It was strange that the one in the b... [More]
Comment icon #8 Posted by Klownzilla on 15 July, 2017, 0:18
Ah man, and all this time I was sure it was cigar smoking giants causing those rings. I mean, isn't that the most logic explanation? :-D
Comment icon #9 Posted by White Unicorn on 15 July, 2017, 13:08
You know what, I would like to see more articles on IFOs! I guess they wouldn't get as many hits but they are very interesting and more people could look into the sky and not cry UFO all the time.
Comment icon #10 Posted by seanjo on 15 July, 2017, 14:33
Bingo!
Comment icon #11 Posted by brizink on 15 July, 2017, 16:29
Its just a smoke ring, where's the Mistery. Could be any number of things, all of them involving explosives. Could be cannon, mortar, a grill and a stupid operator. Rednecks starting bonfires with lots of mixed gasoline. Could be a blown transformer, or even a capacitor in a giant rooftop AC system. The options are limitless
Comment icon #12 Posted by Myles on 17 July, 2017, 12:01
I would like that too.
Comment icon #13 Posted by flabbins on 19 July, 2017, 14:37
Insects????

Juno captures stunning new images of Jupiter
9-23-2017
NASA's Juno probe has sent back four breathtaking new images of the gas giant's swirling atmosphere.
100 people could live on the Moon by 2040
9-22-2017
ESA's ambitious 'Moon village' plan could see humans living on the lunar surface within 25 years.
Man who prevented World War 3 dies aged 77
9-22-2017
Former Soviet military officer Stanislav Petrov made a decision in 1983 that may have saved the world.
Doomsayers claim the world will end tomorrow
9-22-2017
Rumors of another apocalyptic collision with the mythical planet Nibiru have been circulating the Internet.
Exploring Antarctica's hidden depths
Posted 9-22-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists investigate some of the wildlife hidden beneath the Antarctic ice.

Science-fiction spacesuits
Posted 9-21-2017 | 0 comments
Adam Savage investigates a number of intricately detailed spacesuits used in movies.

Extreme neodymium magnet
Posted 9-20-2017 | 0 comments
Unboxing a magnet so powerful that it can suspend huge weights off the underside of a table.

Derren Brown and new age crystals
Posted 9-19-2017 | 0 comments
The psychological illusionist is joined by actor Martin Freeman for this remarkable trick.

I'll eat my hat
Posted 9-18-2017 | 0 comments
Where did the strange phrase 'I'll eat my hat' actually come from ?

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland

Unexplained light flashes
8-30-2017 | Louisiana

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY