Thursday, August 17, 2017

Car filmed stuck in bizarre upright position

Posted on Saturday, 5 August, 2017 | Comment icon 28 comments
A couple driving home in Connecticut recently were shocked to come across this highly unusual spectacle.
Filmed in West Suffield on Wednesday during a heavy rainstorm, the above footage shows a car that had somehow ended up suspended almost in mid air with only the rear bumper touching the ground.

"So we are in a storm right now and... I literally don't know what, I think the wind took it," a woman can be heard saying. "This is what's happening right now in Suffield on a mountain road."

Photographs posted on to Facebook by the Suffield Fire Department however later revealed exactly what had happened - the car had become tangled up in the wires of a fallen telephone pole.

"We could see the telephone pole break and fall in front of us," said Lisa Beaulieu, who had been driving the stricken vehicle. "And I couldn't stop and we ended up getting tangled up in the wires."

"We were really scared. I was worried we were going to fall."

Luckily however, both Lisa and her two children made it to safety without injury.

Source: UPI.com | Comments (28)

Tags: Car, Storm

Comment icon #19 Posted by freetoroam on 8 August, 2017, 17:58
absolutely ridiculous. Have you seen the video? that is not fake. The car is not standing up by its self, it is caught up in the cables. And it is not "real just because other people say it is.", it is real because it was recorded, the fire service is there, are they pasted in as well? . I can not believe you are even questioning this video. How can you not see the reflections on the bonnet, windows and roof as being real? how can you not even see the car caught up in the cables?
Comment icon #20 Posted by seeder on 8 August, 2017, 18:09
Its real because its real. None of the major news networks that run the story have cried fake, we even have the call to the emergency services
Comment icon #21 Posted by seeder on 8 August, 2017, 18:22
Fire service posting from their facebook page about this event...with images if you visit facebook and scroll down their page https://www.facebook.com/SuffieldCtFireDepartment/?ref=ts&fref=ts
Comment icon #22 Posted by seeder on 8 August, 2017, 18:26
You could have just visited the fire services page or the cops page at Facebook.... or their own websites if they have them Instead of wasting time on imaging programs
Comment icon #23 Posted by RabidMongoose on 8 August, 2017, 19:00
I think you missed the intended sarcasm. Its 100% fake and obvious too.
Comment icon #24 Posted by seeder on 8 August, 2017, 19:49
why bother putting it in MS Paint then and drawing black circles where it was allegedly image blurred?
Comment icon #25 Posted by goodgodno on 10 August, 2017, 22:09
You just keep digging that hole.
Comment icon #26 Posted by acute on 12 August, 2017, 11:11
Nah, it's real. Those are jpeg artefacts, I reckon.
Comment icon #27 Posted by seeder on 15 August, 2017, 2:10
well will you now return and admit its 100% real?
Comment icon #28 Posted by RabidMongoose on 15 August, 2017, 17:33
Thank you for buffing up my already mighty and impressive ego. The fact you cannot move on without requiring my endorsement confirms my God complex to me. Award yourself a cookie.

Man finds snake on a supermarket pineapple
8-17-2017
A man in Edinburgh got the fright of his life on Tuesday when he found the reptile in his shopping.
Insect burgers to go on sale in Switzerland
8-16-2017
Insect-based edibles are beginning to appear in shops after a recent revision of food safety laws.
Firm set to put a cellphone tower on the Moon
8-16-2017
A German startup is aiming to land rovers on the Moon that will communicate using cellphone technology.
'Frankenstein dinosaur' is 'missing link'
8-16-2017
The mystery surrounding a dinosaur made up of various mismatched body parts has finally been solved.
Concrete blocks chest smash
Posted 8-17-2017 | 0 comments
Multiple world record holder Ali Bahcetepe has 16 concrete blocks smashed on his chest.

Animal symbiotic relationships
Posted 8-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at some of the animal species that rely on one another to survive.

How much of the Earth can be seen at once ?
Posted 8-15-2017 | 0 comments
What is the maximum amount of our planet that you can see from any given point ?

Will batteries power the world ?
Posted 8-14-2017 | 0 comments
Is there a limit to how small and light a rechargeable lithium-ion battery can be ?

Hoia-Baciu - the world's most haunted forest
Posted 8-13-2017 | 0 comments
A look at an area of forest that some people describe as Romania's own 'Bermuda Triangle'.

Ghost experiences ?
8-11-2017 | United States

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama