A man hospitalised with stomach pains was found to have had a 9-inch fork lodged inside him for a decade.
Lee Gardner was rushed to hospital after suffering severe stomach cramps despite never having had any previous problems. Doctors examining his insides with a special camera were shocked to discover a plastic fork in his stomach that Lee had accidentally swallowed over ten years ago. At the time he had been told that the fork would pass naturally from his system.
"I can't believe it," he said. "I have never had any problems with my stomach except once a couple of years ago I remember thinking I felt like something had lodged when I bent over awkwardly."
"Doctors operating on a man who was taken to hospital with stomach pains discovered a 9in long plastic fork that he swallowed a decade ago."
View: Full article | Source: BBC News
Discuss: View comments (25)