Sunday, January 21, 2018

Company invents 'Christmas dinner in a tin'

Posted on Friday, 6 December, 2013 | Comment icon 32 comments

The tinned dinner promises to be the ultimate in festive convenience. Image Credit: sxc.hu
The unappetizing festive offering is aimed at gamers who are too busy playing on their new consoles.
With many people expecting to receive an Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or Wii U for Christmas this year, one company has decided to bring out a convenient form of Christmas dinner that removes the needs to prepare any food at all on Christmas Day.

The unappealingly titled "Christmas Tinner" features all the joys of a full Christmas dinner conveniently packaged inside a single tin. Those who would rather spend the day trying out their new games console than cooking up a festive feast can instead grab a fork and enjoy multiple layers of Christmas treats.

The tinned dinner begins with a layer of scrambled eggs as a starter, followed by mince pie and then turkey, potatoes and gravy. The meal finishes at the bottom of the can with a layer of Christmas pudding as a desert.

"Itís the ultimate innovation for gamers across the nation who canít tear themselves away from their new consoles and games on Christmas Day Ė the first all-in-one festive feast in a tin," a company spokesman said in a statement.

Source: Metro | Comments (32)

Tags: Christmas, Festive

Comment icon #23 Posted by Technocrat on 19 December, 2013, 16:19
They left out the white wine!
Comment icon #24 Posted by SheWomanCatTypeThing on 29 December, 2013, 19:42
Well, Someones posted a review of it on youtube! I couldn't bear to watch
Comment icon #25 Posted by JGirl on 29 December, 2013, 19:57
*GAG*
Comment icon #26 Posted by libstaK on 30 December, 2013, 0:36
OMG he loved it ... double gag. Just to top it off it doesn't look like it was heated before he opened it, no way known scrambled eggs and bacon can taste remotely good cold, or Turkey and the veges either, ugh.
Comment icon #27 Posted by Paranoid Android on 30 December, 2013, 4:32
Well, Someones posted a review of it on youtube! I couldn't bear to watch He didn't rate the gravy
Comment icon #28 Posted by TopToffee on 30 December, 2013, 4:49
Ive eaten some rubbish in my time.I ate a camels testicle once.Like chewing on rubber.
Comment icon #29 Posted by Leonardo on 30 December, 2013, 10:20
Well, Someones posted a review of it on youtube! I couldn't bear to watch At the risk of sounding a bit elitist, I would have preferred he chewed with his mouth closed.
Comment icon #30 Posted by Lilly on 30 December, 2013, 12:19
I actually feel a bit sick to my stomach...utterly disgusting IMO.
Comment icon #31 Posted by Princess Serenity on 30 December, 2013, 17:58
I'm a gamer myself (not as hardcore as these people but I don't play my games as much) I still put down my things. My personal needs comes first and game second. O_o;
Comment icon #32 Posted by Ohelemapit on 30 December, 2013, 20:59
The only thing I want that comes in a tin for Xmas is beer! Or Lager..

Undersea 'Mordor' found off coast of Australia
1-20-2018
The 'Tolkienesque' landscape is made up of 26 underwater volcanoes buried beneath seabed sediment.
'Brother mummies' had different fathers
1-20-2018
Scientists have finally solved the mystery of the relationship between two 4,000-year-old mummies.
Saturn's moon Titan has its own sea level
1-19-2018
Just like the oceans here on Earth, Titan's hydrocarbon seas and lakes lie at an average elevation.
'Haunted' painting has sold in New Zealand
1-19-2018
An acrylic painting purchased from an antique store has earned itself something of a haunted reputation.
Brian Cox talks to Buzz Aldrin
Posted 1-18-2018 | 1 comment
Professor Brian Cox discusses space travel with legendary astronaut Buzz Aldrin.

Typing vs handwriting
Posted 1-16-2018 | 2 comments
Is typing on a computer better or worse for your memory then writing on paper ?

Can coding help avoid job automation ?
Posted 1-12-2018 | 0 comments
Taking up coding and technical skills to avoid automation may be counter-productive.

Dinosaur death match
Posted 1-8-2018 | 0 comments
A look at how various dinosaurs might have fared against the predators of their day.

Best records of 2017
Posted 1-4-2018 | 0 comments
A look back at some of the most bizarre and amazing world records of the last year.

Strange feeling
1-18-2018 | Different places

Unexplained voices
1-18-2018 | United States

First college apartment
12-31-2017 | Daytona Beach, FL

The night my niece was murdered
12-19-2017 | Delhi, Louisiana

Mysterious Headlights
12-10-2017 | Morgan County, Alabama

Possibly a child ghost
12-10-2017 | Edgewater, Maryland

True story about black-eyed kids
12-10-2017 | Portland oregon

Alien or paranormal encounter ?
12-10-2017 | United States