Friday, November 15, 2019

Haunted house staff spooked by ghostly girl

Posted on Thursday, 21 May, 2015 | Comment icon 12 comments

Could there be a real ghost haunting the building ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
The 13th Floor Haunted House in San Antonio has become home to more than just actors and ghost props.
Alongside the actors dressed as spooky assailants, eerie audio cues and ghostly scenes that meet those who venture inside San Antonio's popular '13th Floor Haunted House' attraction lies a very real ghost story that has left even the building's own staff members running for the exit.

The peculiar mystery surrounds sightings of a strange young girl who has now appeared so often that many visitors have come to believe that she is actually part of the show.

"I have customers who will come out and say the best actor in the whole play is the little girl who jumped out at me," said general manager Greg Saylars. "These are actors who scare people for a living that were so scared that they quit their job and left."
In one incident actor Joden Lumbreras recalled hearing a child's playful laughter before turning to see a small girl standing in his work area. He had initially assumed her to be another one of the actors until the figure mysteriously disappeared when someone else entered the room.

The little girl has even shown up for the crew of a reality TV show that had been filming in the building. They had been investigating the basement when, upon leaving, they thanked Saylars for the "little actress in the white dress" that they assumed had been working there.

No known incidents involving a little girl in the building have ever been reported, but with a history stretching back 110 years the possibility always exists that something might have happened there.

To date nobody has been able to determine who the girl is or where she might have come from.

Source: Kens5 | Comments (12)

Tags: Haunted, Ghost

Comment icon #3 Posted by Infernal Gnu on 21 May, 2015, 18:59
Comment icon #4 Posted by Cloudshill on 21 May, 2015, 19:20
Well.......I better go check it out....
Comment icon #5 Posted by Jackscolon on 21 May, 2015, 20:31
General manager says this story is not a publicity stunt to drum up business? Nothing dodgy about that at all...
Comment icon #6 Posted by Stubbly_Dooright on 22 May, 2015, 1:59
I'm with some of you, I wonder at the 'advertising' aspect of it. Frankly, considering it's in San Antonio, they should stay at the Menger hotel instead. I have had an experience there. The site of the hotel use to talk about it, but that is not spoken there any more. I think they want to attract guests on the quality of the stay of the hotel. Which I feel they don't have to worry about, I loved my stay there. Though, one of the waiters there was very exuberant on telling the many rumors of the hotel. Well, if they acknowledge it's really haunted, they should ask TAPS to have their Halloween s... [More]
Comment icon #7 Posted by Robert1 on 22 May, 2015, 13:07
I think this story is fascinating. I would love to visit the place.
Comment icon #8 Posted by freetoroam on 22 May, 2015, 15:41
Comment icon #9 Posted by Podo on 22 May, 2015, 18:30
Sorry, have some people missed this: The longest running and largest haunted attraction in San Antonio is back again this year. This spooky attraction was designed by nationally recognized haunted house designers and will guide you through all types of terror. It's not just a regular haunted house with scary creatures jumping out at you. Instead, this is a graphic, theatrical show with the intensity you seek for your scary fun this year. That pretty much sums it up. Nothing can be trusted if it comes out of a location specifically designed to be creepy. Humans are suggestible, and we like igno... [More]
Comment icon #10 Posted by tcgram on 22 May, 2015, 23:53
What could be a better advertisement that to say that there's a real ghost in the place?
Comment icon #11 Posted by HollyDolly on 26 May, 2015, 21:28
The place that was all rigged up with Halloween props was the Blue Moss Distillery in California.I had seen about the place on the old show, Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack as host. At that time a couple owned the place. When it first appeard on UM ,and on a couple of other appearances on the show there were no props. The current owner decided to spice things up abit. First I've heard about this story.people here are worried more about the awful flooding in our area.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Vincennes on 29 May, 2015, 17:13
I was a TAPS fan once but switched to Zak Bagans and the Ghost Adventures crew. Bagans is such a dynamic showman compared to Jay and Grant. His intensity level is higher and I like his silly antics with his fellow investigators. I'm really glad you made this comment ! I've done exactly the same thing lately. I had a little trouble getting used to Zak and his crew when they first started. I thought the show was going to be focused on more of a teenage age of audience. Several months ago, I went ahead and watched two or three of the rerun episodes back to back and, you know what, I ended up real... [More]

'Unicorn puppy' has a tail on its forehead
11-15-2019
Meet Narwhal, an adorable rescue dog from Missouri who happens to have a very unusual appendage.
Fossil tooth sheds light on world's largest ape
11-14-2019
Standing up to three meters tall, Gigantopithecus was the largest ape to ever walk the face of the Earth.
Weird cloud formation sparks UFO speculation
11-14-2019
This large circular 'hole' in the clouds over North Carolina left social media users scratching their heads this week.
Shots fired during attempted 'Bigfoot' break-in
11-14-2019
A man in Bainbridge Township, Ohio told police that he had been trying to dissuade an intruding Sasquatch.
The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia