Tuesday, May 22, 2018

'Orange UFO' sighted over Somerset, England

Posted on Tuesday, 22 August, 2017 | Comment icon 28 comments

The object was spotted near the town of Frome. Image Credit: YouTube / SWNS TV
The peculiar aerial phenomenon was captured on camera by Jeremy Le Fevre on Saturday evening.
Consisting of several orange spheres of light, the UFO appeared to trail across the sky and change direction multiple times over the course of several minutes before eventually disappearing.

"I had never seen anything like it before," said Le Fevre. "It really caught my eye. It went on for quite some time before flying off into the distance towards Longleat."

The phenomenon is certainly not the only thing to have been spotted in the skies over the area.

"Some experts have gone as far as to describe the nearby town of Warminster as Britain's UFO capital on account of a phenomena first encountered in the mid-1960s that became known as the 'Warminster Thing'," said local rambler Nigel Vile.

"Strange noises were heard in the skies above the town and an equally strange shimmering light was observed in the vicinity."

Source: Scotsman | Comments (28)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #19 Posted by Ozymandias on 22 August, 2017, 23:41
I'm accessing via a Samsung Android. I only have a toggle option between mute or not. I can't see any option/slider for raising the sound. Thanks for your encouragement.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Dejarma on 22 August, 2017, 23:47
no, the image has sound too= turn the bloody volume up-- what's the matter wiv ya
Comment icon #21 Posted by Ozymandias on 23 August, 2017, 0:01
Anyway, those who do hear the sound say they hear the engine of an aircraft, thus confirming my own interpretation of the silent video. So it's not a UFO.
Comment icon #22 Posted by Gary Meadows on 23 August, 2017, 0:38
Oh yes, Idisregard most comments here as nonsense. And yes, I agree that "alien" ufo theories are silly. I just disagree with sending people to comments sectionsfor "truth", of any kind.
Comment icon #23 Posted by seeder on 23 August, 2017, 0:44
well if the comments section are NOT read....this thread will have lasted a few pages longer no doubt. Same with youtube vids, I have lost count of how many vids have been discussed over the years here, when all along, the answer/debunk was already in the comments. Debunkers usually post in comments sections....after all, where else can they post? But if you personally dont want to read any comments for possible debunks etc, thats fine with me.
Comment icon #24 Posted by Susanc241 on 23 August, 2017, 7:12
From original OP "It was emitting green and red colors. It looked to me like it could have been fireworks attached to a drone. It's still very much unidentified though." Ozimandias' comment The motion is reminiscent of an acrobatic aircraft (which is what it is) so hence no sound on this hoax film or we would have heard the plane's engine labouring under its performance. this sort of comment is unfair. The OP does not declare it to be extraterrestrial, or even suggest it might be. He states it looks like a drone with fireworks. At the time of filming/posting he did not know what it was ... [More]
Comment icon #25 Posted by Hammerclaw on 23 August, 2017, 8:47
Instant internet analysis and commentary has taken the wind out of ufology's sails. It's impossible for a tale to grow in the telling, anymore.
Comment icon #26 Posted by Ozymandias on 23 August, 2017, 9:55
Point taken and I withdraw the word 'hoax' which I used because I thought the video was delibetately silent. Apparently it is not. However, the OP announced it as a UFO and so does the link to the video. I never read the article - only watched the video. Based on my bona fide analysis of the video as I considered it not to be a UFO.
Comment icon #27 Posted by seanjo on 23 August, 2017, 10:07
Well to begin with it was an Unidentified Flying Object (UFO), but now we know it was an acrobatic aircraft stunt, it is Identified.
Comment icon #28 Posted by Socio on 23 August, 2017, 12:42
If you watch this video starting at 2:37 there is the similarphenomenon flying around. https://youtu.be/AnqlsWWFMZs

Man 'being followed by a pig' calls the police
5-22-2018
Police in Ohio were shocked to discover that a call about a pig following a man home was actually genuine.
It's official - Hitler really did die in 1945
5-21-2018
A recent analysis of Hitler's teeth has confirmed once and for all that he did not fake his own death.
Interstellar interloper found near Jupiter
5-21-2018
An asteroid believed to be from another solar system has been found orbiting the Sun in the wrong direction.
'Green needle' audio illusion emerges online
5-21-2018
Hot on the heels of 'laurel or yanny' comes another audio clip that seems to say two completely different things.
Can an artificial intelligence really think ?
Posted 5-22-2018 | 6 comments
AI computer systems may be intelligent, but can they ever be truly self-aware ?

Where are all the B batteries ?
Posted 5-20-2018 | 2 comments
Batteries such as AA and AAA are common, but where are all the other letters ?

Meerkats caught in a dust storm
Posted 5-15-2018 | 1 comment
This group of meerkats in the Kalahari desert must split up to hide and survive the storm.

10 times Michio Kaku blew our minds
Posted 5-12-2018 | 2 comments
A look at some of theoretical physicist Michio Kaku's most mind-bending arguments.

Density ball
Posted 5-9-2018 | 0 comments
Michael takes a look at a ball with some rather unusual properties.

Mystery bristle brush
5-9-2018 | Whittier, U.S.A.

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA