Saturday, April 20, 2019

'Orange UFO' sighted over Somerset, England

Posted on Tuesday, 22 August, 2017 | Comment icon 28 comments

The object was spotted near the town of Frome. Image Credit: YouTube / SWNS TV
The peculiar aerial phenomenon was captured on camera by Jeremy Le Fevre on Saturday evening.
Consisting of several orange spheres of light, the UFO appeared to trail across the sky and change direction multiple times over the course of several minutes before eventually disappearing.

"I had never seen anything like it before," said Le Fevre. "It really caught my eye. It went on for quite some time before flying off into the distance towards Longleat."

The phenomenon is certainly not the only thing to have been spotted in the skies over the area.

"Some experts have gone as far as to describe the nearby town of Warminster as Britain's UFO capital on account of a phenomena first encountered in the mid-1960s that became known as the 'Warminster Thing'," said local rambler Nigel Vile.

"Strange noises were heard in the skies above the town and an equally strange shimmering light was observed in the vicinity."

Source: Scotsman | Comments (28)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #19 Posted by Ozymandias on 22 August, 2017, 23:41
I'm accessing via a Samsung Android. I only have a toggle option between mute or not. I can't see any option/slider for raising the sound. Thanks for your encouragement.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Dejarma on 22 August, 2017, 23:47
no, the image has sound too= turn the bloody volume up-- what's the matter wiv ya
Comment icon #21 Posted by Ozymandias on 23 August, 2017, 0:01
Anyway, those who do hear the sound say they hear the engine of an aircraft, thus confirming my own interpretation of the silent video. So it's not a UFO.
Comment icon #22 Posted by Gary Meadows on 23 August, 2017, 0:38
Oh yes, I disregard most comments here as nonsense. And yes, I agree that "alien" ufo theories are silly. I just disagree with sending people to comments sections for "truth", of any kind.
Comment icon #23 Posted by seeder on 23 August, 2017, 0:44
  well if the comments section are NOT read....this thread will have lasted a few pages longer no doubt. Same with youtube vids, I have lost count of how many vids have been discussed over the years here, when all along, the answer/debunk was already in the comments. Debunkers usually post in comments sections....after all, where else can they post?  But if you personally dont want to read any comments for possible debunks etc, thats fine with me.
Comment icon #24 Posted by Susanc241 on 23 August, 2017, 7:12
From original OP "It was emitting green and red colors. It looked to me like it could have been fireworks attached to a drone. It's still very much unidentified though."   Ozimandias' comment The motion is reminiscent of an acrobatic aircraft (which is what it is) so hence no sound on this hoax film or we would have heard the plane's engine labouring under its performance.   this sort of comment is unfair.  The OP does not declare it to be extraterrestrial, or even suggest it might be.  He states it looks like a drone with fireworks.  At the time of filming/posting he did not know what it was ... [More]
Comment icon #25 Posted by Hammerclaw on 23 August, 2017, 8:47
Instant internet analysis and commentary has taken the wind out of ufology's sails. It's impossible for a tale to grow in the telling, anymore.
Comment icon #26 Posted by Ozymandias on 23 August, 2017, 9:55
Point taken and I withdraw the word 'hoax' which I used because I thought the video was delibetately silent. Apparently it is not. However, the OP announced it as a UFO and so does the link to the video. I never read the article - only watched the video. Based on my bona fide analysis of the video as I considered it not to be a UFO.
Comment icon #27 Posted by seanjo on 23 August, 2017, 10:07
Well to begin with it was an Unidentified Flying Object (UFO), but now we know it was an acrobatic aircraft stunt, it is Identified.
Comment icon #28 Posted by Socio on 23 August, 2017, 12:42
If you watch this video starting at 2:37 there is the similar phenomenon flying around. https://youtu.be/AnqlsWWFMZs

'Miracle' as bees survive Notre Dame blaze
4-20-2019
Three hives containing a population of over 180,000 bees were left unscathed by this week's devastating fire.
Aleister Crowley's Loch Ness home up for sale
4-19-2019
The eerie building, which was gutted by a fire in 2015, was once owned by the infamous writer and occultist.
Florida firm offers alien abduction insurance
4-19-2019
The tongue-in-cheek policy is designed to ensure peace of mind for those concerned about being 'taken'.
What are great white sharks frightened of ?
4-18-2019
Despite their fearsome reputation, these monster sharks will always try to steer clear of one particular creature.
Cannon made from 50,000 matches
Posted 4-7-2019 | 4 comments
What happens if you light a cannon made out of 50,000 matches ?

Latin America's most dangerous snake
Posted 3-24-2019 | 1 comment
Coyote Peterson comes face to face with an extremely dangerous reptile.

Squaring a doughnut
Posted 3-12-2019 | 1 comment
Michael returns with another mind-bending problem - this time concerning squares.

Shells of cosmic time
Posted 3-3-2019 | 0 comments
A look at how observations of distant objects enable us to see back in time.

Thailand's snake village
Posted 2-26-2019 | 2 comments
Steve Backshall visits a village where the inhabitants live alongside dangerous snakes.

Winter solstice hooded figures