Thursday, December 5, 2019

Womb transplant could make a man pregnant

Posted on Sunday, 5 November, 2017 | Comment icon 15 comments

Is it possible for a biological male to give birth ? Image Credit: sxc.hu
A leading fertility expert has indicated that it is theoretically possible for a man to become pregnant.
While pregnancy has already been seen in transgender men, Dr Richard Paulson believes that medical technology has now advanced far enough for it to be possible for a transgender woman - having been born a man - to become pregnant through the transplantation of a donor womb.

Speaking at the annual meeting of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, Dr Paulson suggested that there was 'no scientific reason' why this couldn't happen.
In practical terms it would still be a very complex and risky procedure and the baby would need to be born via caesarean section as the male pelvis is too narrow for a baby to pass through.

"There would be additional challenges, but I don't see any obvious problem that would preclude it," he said. "I think it would be possible. They could do it tomorrow."

Source: New Zealand Herald | Comments (15)

Tags: Pregnant, Man

Comment icon #6 Posted by paperdyer on 6 November, 2017, 12:47
Well, I'd suspect you'd have to take a series of hormones to simulate what happens to the woman's body when pregnant. You may wind up being a woman by the time the 9 months is over and have to be "remaled" if possible.  Still sound intriguing?
Comment icon #7 Posted by Jon the frog on 6 November, 2017, 13:34
Remaled, lol ! you got the term of the day lad !
Comment icon #8 Posted by Ryu on 6 November, 2017, 15:06
You can actually do this. It's called...wait for it...............................Adoption. Probably have. Human life has always been considered a cheap commodity, especially children and the unborn. This thing of trying to allow men to give birth is about greed and selfishness. It is all about what THEY want the very concept of ethics, morals and nature itself has become "old fashioned" and considered an infringement on their so-called "rights". When it comes to satiating ones own wants and demands, no one ever talks about or even considers the rights of others.
Comment icon #9 Posted by freetoroam on 7 November, 2017, 8:43
The medical profession has done some amazing things, but it has also done some very bad things and imo this is one of them. Yes people are selfish, but they are also being given then option to chose because some crazy doctors are doing the experiments in the first place......is it right they are doing this? I do not think so.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Aardvark-DK on 7 November, 2017, 9:10
Man flu is still worse so...bring it on !
Comment icon #11 Posted by Ryu on 7 November, 2017, 13:10
What are you talking about?
Comment icon #12 Posted by rashore on 7 November, 2017, 13:22
Man Flu is a slang thing... men overly complaining about being sick, like a regular cold is overdramatized into man flu. I dare say that uterus transplantation is probably a bit more of a serious thing than man flu. Uterus transplantation in men is only a theoretical notion at this time too- only women have had the procedure done so far.
Comment icon #13 Posted by pokingjoker on 7 November, 2017, 21:02
This isn't really new news, I recall a clipping having in the doctors office 12-15 years ago. My ex wife and I tried in vitro fertilization and the doctor had a clipping I'm guessing from a medical journal stating a Chinese man was successfully pregnant and caring the child due to IVF. I don't know what journal, or if it was brought to full term just that it was there.
Comment icon #14 Posted by rashore on 7 November, 2017, 21:50
Considering the time frame you give of 12-15 years ago... I would hazard a guess that the article you saw was in relation to a transgender male pregnancy rather than a transgender female pregnancy. About 12-15 years ago was some of the earliest uterus transplantation in females- and only recently has the notion of the feasibility or not in males been brought up.
Comment icon #15 Posted by The Silver Thong on 10 November, 2017, 22:54
We do that on purpose   I broke 2 ribs and punctured my spleen 3 or 4 wks ago, the only time I played it up was when my mom came over to visit lol.  As far as men being pregnant, I bet the market for this is pretty small.

Planet found orbiting white dwarf in world first
12-5-2019
Astronomers have discovered a huge planet orbiting the burnt-out husk of a star that was once like the Sun.
Can your dreams predict a person's death ?
12-5-2019
A 25-year study has looked into the correlation between precognitive death dreams and a person actually dying.
Navy officer saw 'two-mile-wide UFO' over base
12-5-2019
Lee Adams, who once served aboard the USS Nimitz, recalls witnessing a huge object over a base in Virginia.
NASA reveals Parker Solar Probe discoveries
12-4-2019
The groundbreaking solar probe has sent back its first observations from the edge of the Sun's atmosphere.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia