Friday, October 19, 2018

Woman to become world's oldest mother at 70

Posted on Friday, 25 May, 2018 | Comment icon 28 comments

The 70-year-old is reportedly pregnant with a baby girl. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A mother-of-seven in Mexico has claimed that she is six months pregnant with her eighth child at the age of 70.
Maria de la Luz, who lives in the Pacific resort town of Mazatlan, Mexico, is certainly not letting the fact that she has reached retirement age stop her from expanding her already sizeable family.

Reportedly pregnant despite being old enough to be someone's great-grandmother, the 70-year-old recently showed local media an ultrasound scan of her baby which is believed to be a girl.

"My legs hurt and I was vomiting and felt dizzy," she said.

"Now they have done around ten ultrasounds in a private clinic and in the (public) social security hospital. The doctors could not believe it. They told me it is a girl. Look, you can see her little face."

If Maria actually gives birth, she will quite possibly be the oldest mother in human history.

The current record holder is Maria del Carmen Bousada de Lara who gave birth to twin boys at the age of 66 back in 2006. She had lied about her age in order to receive fertility treatment.

Exatly how Maria de la Luz managed to conceive however remains unclear.

Source: Lad Bible | Comments (28)

Tags: Pregnant

Comment icon #19 Posted by Lilly on 25 May, 2018, 20:01
I know...I was playing the straight man (woman) to your 'hot for granny' commentary there.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Lilly on 25 May, 2018, 20:03
No, without medical intervention a post menopausal 70 year old can not get pregnant. Something (I suspect IVF) along with hormonal therapy would have to have been used.
Comment icon #21 Posted by pallidin on 25 May, 2018, 20:14
Xeno, fess-up. Child support can be brutal, ya know, so I do understand your hesitation. But man-up! Your other option is to marry her. Yeah, that will help finacially. Do it. And PLEASE don't ask for me to be Best Man.
Comment icon #22 Posted by pallidin on 25 May, 2018, 22:33
Perhaps a musical interlude is in order now...
Comment icon #23 Posted by ~Onyx~ on 26 May, 2018, 14:24
She wouldn't happen to live in a shoe, would she?
Comment icon #24 Posted by third_eye on 27 May, 2018, 3:28
Would that make her your 'special' friend, Once Upon a Time ? ~
Comment icon #25 Posted by evefromgh on 27 May, 2018, 10:14
Well done, may she enjoy another ride at motherhood
Comment icon #26 Posted by Myles on 27 May, 2018, 23:02
I threw up in my mouth a little.
Comment icon #27 Posted by tcgram on 27 May, 2018, 23:52
I can't imagine being pregnant at my age and I'm nearly 20 years younger....
Comment icon #28 Posted by ~Onyx~ on 28 May, 2018, 15:13
What can I say, she told me she loved me. At least it wasn't the Muffin Man.

World's 'largest living thing' is slowly dying
10-18-2018
A record-breaking 80,000-year-old clonal colony of aspen trees in central Utah is in danger of being wiped out.
US Air Force whistleblower dies in bike crash
10-18-2018
Former US Air Force sergeant Karl Wolfe once claimed to have seen photographs of an alien base on the Moon.
City to replace lights with 'artificial moon'
10-17-2018
The Chinese city of Chengdu is working on a novel space-age solution to illuminating its streets at night.
NASA should be looking for ET, say scientists
10-17-2018
A new report has suggested that searching for evidence of alien life should be part of all future space missions.
How does fluid 'climb' up a rod ?
Posted 10-16-2018 | 4 comments
Physics Girl checks out a remarkable effect achievable with non-newtonian fluids.

Tense stand off with an elephant
Posted 10-10-2018 | 2 comments
A BBC film crew ends up face to face with a potentially hostile Indian elephant.

Free solo climbing in 360 degrees
Posted 10-5-2018 | 3 comments
Alex Honnold climbs up Yosemite's famous El Capitan with no equipment whatsoever.

An astronaut's guide to risk taking
Posted 10-1-2018 | 0 comments
Veteran NASA astronaut Chris Hadfield talks about his views on taking risks.

The man who climbed Everest 21 times
Posted 9-27-2018 | 0 comments
Apa Sherpa holds the world record for the most ascents of the world's tallest mountain.

And the shadows smile
8-25-2018 | Deal UK

Disappearing objects
8-12-2018 | Houston TX USA

I dreamt that Austin was destroyed
8-12-2018 | USA / Texas

Demon on my TV screen
8-12-2018 | U.S.

3 knocks, 3 nights...
8-12-2018 | San Fernando Valley, CA

Feeling something strange
8-9-2018 | Sydney, Australia

Dragon sighting in Spring Tx.
8-9-2018 | Spring Texas