Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Woman to become world's oldest mother at 70

Posted on Friday, 25 May, 2018 | Comment icon 28 comments

The 70-year-old is reportedly pregnant with a baby girl. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A mother-of-seven in Mexico has claimed that she is six months pregnant with her eighth child at the age of 70.
Maria de la Luz, who lives in the Pacific resort town of Mazatlan, Mexico, is certainly not letting the fact that she has reached retirement age stop her from expanding her already sizeable family.

Reportedly pregnant despite being old enough to be someone's great-grandmother, the 70-year-old recently showed local media an ultrasound scan of her baby which is believed to be a girl.

"My legs hurt and I was vomiting and felt dizzy," she said.

"Now they have done around ten ultrasounds in a private clinic and in the (public) social security hospital. The doctors could not believe it. They told me it is a girl. Look, you can see her little face."

If Maria actually gives birth, she will quite possibly be the oldest mother in human history.

The current record holder is Maria del Carmen Bousada de Lara who gave birth to twin boys at the age of 66 back in 2006. She had lied about her age in order to receive fertility treatment.

Exatly how Maria de la Luz managed to conceive however remains unclear.

Source: Lad Bible | Comments (28)

Tags: Pregnant

Comment icon #19 Posted by Lilly on 25 May, 2018, 20:01
I know...I was playing the straight man (woman) to your 'hot for granny' commentary there.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Lilly on 25 May, 2018, 20:03
No, without medical intervention a post menopausal 70 year old can not get pregnant. Something (I suspect IVF) along with hormonal therapy would have to have been used.
Comment icon #21 Posted by pallidin on 25 May, 2018, 20:14
Xeno, fess-up. Child support can be brutal, ya know, so I do understand your hesitation. But man-up! Your other option is to marry her. Yeah, that will help finacially. Do it. And PLEASE don't ask for me to be Best Man.
Comment icon #22 Posted by pallidin on 25 May, 2018, 22:33
Perhaps a musical interlude is in order now...
Comment icon #23 Posted by ~Onyx~ on 26 May, 2018, 14:24
She wouldn't happen to live in a shoe, would she?
Comment icon #24 Posted by third_eye on 27 May, 2018, 3:28
Would that make her your 'special' friend, Once Upon a Time ? ~
Comment icon #25 Posted by evefromgh on 27 May, 2018, 10:14
Well done, may she enjoy another ride at motherhood
Comment icon #26 Posted by Myles on 27 May, 2018, 23:02
I threw up in my mouth a little.
Comment icon #27 Posted by tcgram on 27 May, 2018, 23:52
I can't imagine being pregnant at my age and I'm nearly 20 years younger....
Comment icon #28 Posted by ~Onyx~ on 28 May, 2018, 15:13
What can I say, she told me she loved me. At least it wasn't the Muffin Man.

Factory spills liquid chocolate all over the road
12-12-2018
Firefighters in the town of Werl in Germany were tasked with cleaning up a huge chocolate spill earlier this week.
Dracula ant snaps its jaws shut at 200mph
12-12-2018
The animal with the world's fastest moving appendage has been revealed to be a tiny ant with a lethal jaw.
'Zombie' bacteria found deep beneath the Earth
12-11-2018
Scientists have revealed that an incredibly large amount of life exists in our planet's deep subsurface.
Evidence of water found on asteroid Bennu
12-11-2018
NASA's OSIRIS-REx probe seems to have hit the jackpot within a week of arriving at its destination.
Humboldt squid takes a bite
Posted 12-10-2018 | 1 comment
A look at what happened when Steve Backshall met a rather large Humboldt squid.

Rainbow jelly tennis
Posted 12-3-2018 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt another ridiculous slow motion experiment involving jelly.

Progress launch timelapse
Posted 11-24-2018 | 0 comments
A look at the recent launch of the Russian Progress MS-10 cargo spacecraft.

The unique wildlife of the Cairngorms
Posted 11-16-2018 | 1 comment
A look at the breathtaking snowy wilds of Scotland's Cairngorm Mountains.

The last reef of the Galapagos
Posted 11-12-2018 | 0 comments
A look at the enigmatic world that lies beneath the ocean off the Galapagos Islands.

My name is whispered

Orange, hovering, atom-like figure
10-25-2018 | West kelowna

I saw a strange man
10-25-2018 | Croatia

Spontaneous exorcisms
10-25-2018 | Canada

Two children who didn't age
10-24-2018 | United States New York