Monday, February 18, 2019

Woman to become world's oldest mother at 70

Posted on Friday, 25 May, 2018 | Comment icon 28 comments

The 70-year-old is reportedly pregnant with a baby girl. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A mother-of-seven in Mexico has claimed that she is six months pregnant with her eighth child at the age of 70.
Maria de la Luz, who lives in the Pacific resort town of Mazatlan, Mexico, is certainly not letting the fact that she has reached retirement age stop her from expanding her already sizeable family.

Reportedly pregnant despite being old enough to be someone's great-grandmother, the 70-year-old recently showed local media an ultrasound scan of her baby which is believed to be a girl.

"My legs hurt and I was vomiting and felt dizzy," she said.

"Now they have done around ten ultrasounds in a private clinic and in the (public) social security hospital. The doctors could not believe it. They told me it is a girl. Look, you can see her little face."

If Maria actually gives birth, she will quite possibly be the oldest mother in human history.

The current record holder is Maria del Carmen Bousada de Lara who gave birth to twin boys at the age of 66 back in 2006. She had lied about her age in order to receive fertility treatment.

Exatly how Maria de la Luz managed to conceive however remains unclear.

Source: Lad Bible | Comments (28)

Tags: Pregnant

Comment icon #19 Posted by Lilly on 25 May, 2018, 20:01
I know...I was playing the straight man (woman) to your 'hot for granny' commentary there.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Lilly on 25 May, 2018, 20:03
No, without medical intervention a post menopausal 70 year old can not get pregnant. Something (I suspect IVF) along with hormonal therapy would have to have been used.
Comment icon #21 Posted by pallidin on 25 May, 2018, 20:14
Xeno, fess-up. Child support can be brutal, ya know, so I do understand your hesitation. But man-up! Your other option is to marry her. Yeah, that will help finacially. Do it. And PLEASE don't ask for me to be Best Man.
Comment icon #22 Posted by pallidin on 25 May, 2018, 22:33
Perhaps a musical interlude is in order now...
Comment icon #23 Posted by ~Onyx~ on 26 May, 2018, 14:24
She wouldn't happen to live in a shoe, would she?
Comment icon #24 Posted by third_eye on 27 May, 2018, 3:28
Would that make her your 'special' friend, Once Upon a Time ? ~
Comment icon #25 Posted by evefromgh on 27 May, 2018, 10:14
Well done, may she enjoy another ride at motherhood
Comment icon #26 Posted by Myles on 27 May, 2018, 23:02
I threw up in my mouth a little.
Comment icon #27 Posted by tcgram on 27 May, 2018, 23:52
I can't imagine being pregnant at my age and I'm nearly 20 years younger....
Comment icon #28 Posted by ~Onyx~ on 28 May, 2018, 15:13
What can I say, she told me she loved me. At least it wasn't the Muffin Man.

Space harpoon snags space junk in orbit
2-17-2019
A spacecraft has successfully demonstrated how a harpoon can be used to clean up Earth's orbit.
Taiwan's secret bases inadvertently revealed
2-17-2019
The latest Google Earth update has ended up revealing the locations of Taiwan's hidden missile bases.
'Ghost' turns out to be man living in closet
2-17-2019
A North Carolina student recently discovered that an uninvited guest had moved in to her apartment.
Toxic black snow covers the streets in Siberia
2-16-2019
Residents of the Kemerovo region of Siberia have been uploading images and videos of the phenomenon.
How will humans evolve ?
Posted 2-12-2019 | 1 comment
What's next for our species - what will a human of the future be like ?

Why do mirrors only flip horizontally?
Posted 2-6-2019 | 3 comments
When you look in the mirror, why is your image only flipped horizontally and not vertically ?

The quest for a superbug cure
Posted 1-31-2019 | 0 comments
Does the key to dealing with superbug infections lie deep underground in a cave ?

Round Earth vs flat Earth
Posted 1-18-2019 | 6 comments
Why do some people believe that the Earth is as flat as a pancake?

Which is correct - math or maths ?
Posted 1-10-2019 | 4 comments
For years, there has been some confusion over the shorthand of the word 'mathematics'.

My skinless demon