Saturday, August 18, 2018

Woman to become world's oldest mother at 70

Posted on Friday, 25 May, 2018 | Comment icon 28 comments

The 70-year-old is reportedly pregnant with a baby girl. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A mother-of-seven in Mexico has claimed that she is six months pregnant with her eighth child at the age of 70.
Maria de la Luz, who lives in the Pacific resort town of Mazatlan, Mexico, is certainly not letting the fact that she has reached retirement age stop her from expanding her already sizeable family.

Reportedly pregnant despite being old enough to be someone's great-grandmother, the 70-year-old recently showed local media an ultrasound scan of her baby which is believed to be a girl.

"My legs hurt and I was vomiting and felt dizzy," she said.

"Now they have done around ten ultrasounds in a private clinic and in the (public) social security hospital. The doctors could not believe it. They told me it is a girl. Look, you can see her little face."

If Maria actually gives birth, she will quite possibly be the oldest mother in human history.

The current record holder is Maria del Carmen Bousada de Lara who gave birth to twin boys at the age of 66 back in 2006. She had lied about her age in order to receive fertility treatment.

Exatly how Maria de la Luz managed to conceive however remains unclear.

Source: Lad Bible | Comments (28)

Tags: Pregnant

Comment icon #19 Posted by Lilly on 25 May, 2018, 20:01
I know...I was playing the straight man (woman)to your 'hot for granny' commentary there.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Lilly on 25 May, 2018, 20:03
No, without medical intervention a post menopausal 70 year old can not get pregnant. Something (I suspect IVF) along with hormonal therapy would have to have been used.
Comment icon #21 Posted by pallidin on 25 May, 2018, 20:14
Xeno, fess-up. Child support can be brutal, ya know, so I do understand your hesitation. But man-up! Your other option is to marry her. Yeah, that will help finacially. Do it. And PLEASE don'task for me to be Best Man.
Comment icon #22 Posted by pallidin on 25 May, 2018, 22:33
Perhaps a musical interlude is in order now...
Comment icon #23 Posted by ~Onyx~ on 26 May, 2018, 14:24
She wouldn't happen to live in a shoe, would she?
Comment icon #24 Posted by third_eye on 27 May, 2018, 3:28
Would that make her your 'special' friend, Once Upon a Time ? ~
Comment icon #25 Posted by evefromgh on 27 May, 2018, 10:14
Well done, may she enjoy another ride at motherhood
Comment icon #26 Posted by Myles on 27 May, 2018, 23:02
I threw up in my mouth a little.
Comment icon #27 Posted by tcgram on 27 May, 2018, 23:52
I can't imagine being pregnant atmyage and I'm nearly 20 years younger....
Comment icon #28 Posted by ~Onyx~ on 28 May, 2018, 15:13
What can I say, she told me she loved me. At least it wasn't the Muffin Man.

Scientists solve spaghetti-snapping mystery
8-17-2018
The reason why spaghetti won't snap in half without breaking in to multiple pieces has finally been found.
Beaker the Muppet has been spotted on Mars
8-17-2018
NASA has posted up an amusing example of pareidolia found in a photograph taken using its HiRISE camera.
AI robot learns to solve 'Where's Waldo?' books
8-16-2018
A robotic arm has been programmed using artificial intelligence to locate the hard-to-spot cartoon character.
Lake Norman UFO mystery has been solved
8-16-2018
A cigar-shaped object filmed over North Carolina recently has turned out to be something rather mundane.
Otter swimming lessons
Posted 8-10-2018 | 3 comments
The parents of these six baby giant otters attempt to teach their offspring how to swim.

Giant millipedes
Posted 8-3-2018 | 11 comments
Coyote Peterson goes in search of some creatures with a rather large number of legs.

Slow-motion dragonfly
Posted 7-27-2018 | 3 comments
A look at how a dragonfly moves using a camera that takes 2,000 pictures every second.

Giant hornet and a dragonfly
Posted 7-23-2018 | 5 comments
A close-up look at two giant insects chilling on one brave guy's hand.

Why do bandaids glow ?
Posted 7-19-2018 | 0 comments
Dianna Cowern investigates why some bandaids produce a blue glow when they are opened.

Disappearing objects
8-12-2018 | Houston TX USA

I dreamt that Austin was destroyed
8-12-2018 | USA / Texas

Demon on my TV screen
8-12-2018 | U.S.

3 knocks, 3 nights...
8-12-2018 | San Fernando Valley, CA

Feeling something strange
8-9-2018 | Sydney, Australia

Dragon sighting in Spring Tx.
8-9-2018 | Spring Texas