Monday, January 25, 2021
  Bizarre

Woman to become world's oldest mother at 70

Posted on Friday, 25 May, 2018 | Comment icon 28 comments

The 70-year-old is reportedly pregnant with a baby girl. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A mother-of-seven in Mexico has claimed that she is six months pregnant with her eighth child at the age of 70.
Maria de la Luz, who lives in the Pacific resort town of Mazatlan, Mexico, is certainly not letting the fact that she has reached retirement age stop her from expanding her already sizeable family.

Reportedly pregnant despite being old enough to be someone's great-grandmother, the 70-year-old recently showed local media an ultrasound scan of her baby which is believed to be a girl.

"My legs hurt and I was vomiting and felt dizzy," she said.
"Now they have done around ten ultrasounds in a private clinic and in the (public) social security hospital. The doctors could not believe it. They told me it is a girl. Look, you can see her little face."

If Maria actually gives birth, she will quite possibly be the oldest mother in human history.

The current record holder is Maria del Carmen Bousada de Lara who gave birth to twin boys at the age of 66 back in 2006. She had lied about her age in order to receive fertility treatment.

Exatly how Maria de la Luz managed to conceive however remains unclear.

Source: Lad Bible | Comments (28)

Tags: Pregnant

Comment icon #19 Posted by Lilly on 25 May, 2018, 20:01
I know...I was playing the straight man (woman) to your 'hot for granny' commentary there.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Lilly on 25 May, 2018, 20:03
No, without medical intervention a post menopausal 70 year old can not get pregnant. Something (I suspect IVF) along with hormonal therapy would have to have been used.
Comment icon #21 Posted by pallidin on 25 May, 2018, 20:14
Xeno, fess-up. Child support can be brutal, ya know, so I do understand your hesitation. But man-up! Your other option is to marry her. Yeah, that will help finacially. Do it. And PLEASE don't ask for me to be Best Man.
Comment icon #22 Posted by pallidin on 25 May, 2018, 22:33
Perhaps a musical interlude is in order now...
Comment icon #23 Posted by ~Onyx~ on 26 May, 2018, 14:24
She wouldn't happen to live in a shoe, would she?
Comment icon #24 Posted by third_eye on 27 May, 2018, 3:28
Would that make her your 'special' friend, Once Upon a Time ? ~
Comment icon #25 Posted by evefromgh on 27 May, 2018, 10:14
Well done, may she enjoy another ride at motherhood
Comment icon #26 Posted by Myles on 27 May, 2018, 23:02
I threw up in my mouth a little.
Comment icon #27 Posted by tcgram on 27 May, 2018, 23:52
I can't imagine being pregnant at my age and I'm nearly 20 years younger....
Comment icon #28 Posted by ~Onyx~ on 28 May, 2018, 15:13
What can I say, she told me she loved me. At least it wasn't the Muffin Man.

Looking back at Darwin's 'abominable mystery'
1-24-2021
The famed naturalist was haunted by one evolutionary mystery that proved too difficult for even him to solve.
Does this photo show a panther in Australia ?
1-24-2021
A Melbourne carpenter has posted up a photograph he took of a large black cat near the Mornington Peninsula.
Quarter of all bee species missing since 1990s
1-23-2021
A new study has revealed that 25% of all known bee species have not been seen in as much as 30 years.
Sri Lankan minister drinks 'magic potion'
1-23-2021
A politician who consumed a potion said to ward off coronavirus has since tested positive for the disease.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball