Monday, January 21, 2019

Creepy figure appears in video chat footage

Posted on Monday, 10 December, 2018 | Comment icon 88 comments
Lori Simmons got the fright of her life recently after her friend spotted someone standing right behind her.
Lori had been at home talking to her best friend Shana Thomas through the video messaging app Marco Polo when she became aware that something was amiss.

"I'd only just moved into my apartment, so I was video chatting with my friend to show her around and I was just talking about general things," she said. "But all of a sudden, her face got really serious and she asked if someone was in the house with me."

"I live alone but I instantly looked around because it was so weird the way she said it and it really frightened me. I told her I was home alone. She looked pretty shocked..."

After reviewing the footage, Lori noticed a strange figure standing in the background.

"I couldn't believe what I was seeing," she said. "It was so scary. It sent chills down my spine, and just shocked me so much. I've had lots of paranormal experiences in my life, but nothing quite like this."

In the footage, which can be viewed above, the figure can be clearly seen several times over her shoulder. It also appears to move around the room rather than stay stationary in one place.

"I showed the video to people at my work and they actually screamed," said Lori.

"I've watched this video probably 1000 times and it still creeps me out."

Source: Daily Record | Comments (88)

Tags: Ghost, Video

Comment icon #79 Posted by Uber Doubter on 23 December, 2018, 17:14
The counter on which the figure is first spotted, is to the right of her, and indeed on the opposite side of the wall with the picture and the christmas tree. She starts out in the washing room, enters the kitchen, with the counter to the right/behind her - and we see the figure under her arm. She then moves along parallel to the counter, and at the time where she has her back to the christmas tree, that counter is to her right, and indeed to the right of that door opening. That is the same door opening she gets out of in the beginning, and as we see the figure under her arm, she is facing tow... [More]
Comment icon #80 Posted by SecretSanta on 23 December, 2018, 17:57
Because she was using the Marco Polo app which is recorded first and then sent. I’ve never used it but that’s what I’ve read on the internet.
Comment icon #81 Posted by Careful_perspective on 23 December, 2018, 17:58
Oh my. That's kind of cool. How interesting.
Comment icon #82 Posted by XenoFish on 23 December, 2018, 18:52
Are you serious? It didn't move. The camera shot did. The thing you're claim is the ghost or whatever are two different things. You can see the door object already in frame with the first picture and more fully in the second one. Is this what's considered evidence now?
Comment icon #83 Posted by DragonFire22 on 27 December, 2018, 4:36
Non-serious-Photographers have NO grasp of optical illusion of cameras
Comment icon #84 Posted by DragonFire22 on 27 December, 2018, 4:46
Comment icon #85 Posted by Dejarma on 27 December, 2018, 5:06
yep, good link that shows proof of misinterpretation.. when there's no proof of something of this nature it immediately turns into a supernatural/ unknown entity encounter enhanced with exaggeration & the odd lie thrown in to try & get the listener to feel the way they did when experiencing something they don't understand .. this kinda thing has been happening for thousands of years
Comment icon #86 Posted by ChrLzs on 30 December, 2018, 13:15
   This inability to understand relative motion and how perspective works, rather reminds me of one of the 'photo experts' who briefly appeared in the initial investigations into JFK's death.  Somehow, a guy named Jack White (who was a conspiracy theorist / idiot and was completely untrained in photographic analysis) managed to convince someone he was an expert, but under simple questioning about perspective and some other very basic aspects of photogrammetry, he was revealed as a pretender and his 'analysis' was thrown out even though he was not immediately ejected from the investigation.   I... [More]
Comment icon #87 Posted by Uber Doubter on 31 December, 2018, 3:26
I went back and reviewed the video yet again - while the wall with the tree and the picture indeed is on the opposite side of the counter with the figure, I underestimated the amount of movement she had perpendicular to it. She actually moves past the counter, and thereby has the figure behind her - while I thought the counter remained to her right. So it's not two different things, or a single thing that moves several meters, it's the same figure that's seen under her arm in the beginning. As for the snotty remarks about "photo experts" and "non-serious-photographers": I think I know a thing ... [More]
Comment icon #88 Posted by ChrLzs on 1 January, 2019, 3:18
Mmmm.  As was pointed out by several folks (inc me) quite early... Those remarks were neither snotty or directed at anyone in particular.  Given your misinterpretation and errors admitted above, however, the readers might wonder about your proclaimed abilities - I think it a little unwise to make assumptions / putdowns based on your opinion of others, after that.... Had you asked questions rather making those proclamations, especially given that others had already covered that ground.... As far as I can see, no-one is referring to optical illusions in this case.  Even so perspective errors and... [More]

Spirituality vs Skepticism
  Skepticism!
  Question for jehovah's witness
  Urantia Book Poll
 Extraterrestrial Life & The UFO Phenomenon
  Holographic deception?
  UFOs on the MOON!!!
  Travis Walton.
Emotional support alligator visits care home
1-21-2019
A senior living facility in Pennsylvania recently got a visit from a large reptile with some rather sharp teeth.
Javelin found embedded in mammoth's rib
1-21-2019
Researchers have discovered direct evidence that humans actively hunted mammoths with weapons.
Malapa skeletons are the same hominin species
1-20-2019
Anthropologists have published the results of a new study in to two fossil skeletons found in South Africa.
'Instant karma' for Kentucky snowman vandals
1-20-2019
Vandals who attempted to ram a 10ft snowman with their car ended up getting more than they bargained for.
Round Earth vs flat Earth
Posted 1-18-2019 | 2 comments
Why do some people believe that the Earth is as flat as a pancake?

Which is correct - math or maths ?
Posted 1-10-2019 | 2 comments
For years, there has been some confusion over the shorthand of the word 'mathematics'.

How fast does glass crack ?
Posted 12-31-2018 | 5 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt another intriguing slow motion experiment in their back yard.

The most mind-blowing space discoveries
Posted 12-28-2018 | 0 comments
A look back at some of mankind's greatest space-related discoveries.

The origins of Christmas
Posted 12-22-2018 | 0 comments
A look back at the origins of several modern Christmas traditions.

Johannesburg Men in Black