We are now on Patreon! Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site.

Wednesday, December 8, 2021
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Cryptozoology > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
Cryptozoology

Sonar picks up 25ft 'creature' in Loch Ness

August 6, 2019 | Comment icon 113 comments

What did Bell pick up beneath the surface of Loch Ness ? Image Credit: CC 2.0 Dave Conner
A boat skipper has captured a sonar image of something large lurking in the depths of the world-famous loch.
24-year-old Mike Bell had been taking a group of tourists out on the water on June 27th when he picked up the anomalous object approximately 115ft beneath the surface.

When he circled around to scan the same spot again, the object had completely disappeared.

"I would like to think this is our creature, Nessie," he said. "It's my first year being the skipper in the boat [and] in five months I've never seen it or had something that big on the sonar."
"An object of that size I would think is way too big for the normal species in the loch. It must have been about five or six minutes we spent trying to pick up this creature again."

This year is turning out to be one of the best for Loch Ness Monster sightings with 8 reported so far.

"My dad is the more experienced skipper who has been doing this for a few years and has said he's never seen it that big before on the sonar," said Bell.

"It's my first sighting of Nessie and I think my dad is a wee bit jealous as he has never seen it."

Source: Deadline News | Comments (113)

Unexplained Mysteries is now on Patreon!

Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site and gain access to a range of perks including a subscriber badge, ad-free browsing, an exclusive weekly newsletter, sneak peaks of upcoming features and more.
23 / 25
We are 92% of the way to our second Patreon subscriber target - thank you!
Comment icon #104 Posted by Big Jim 2 years ago
All of it.  The grass does not grow, nor does the wind blow, because it is logical to do so.  Logic is a man made tool to help us make sense of the universe we live in.  Nature knows nothing of it.  Is a grasshopper logical?  Does its existence make sense?  We strive to claim so, but the words are all ours.  Aside from man, creatures do not do things because they are logical.  They have no need to make sense of their world.  They just are.
Comment icon #105 Posted by Dejarma 2 years ago
oh ok then
Comment icon #106 Posted by stereologist 2 years ago
Although the reports of ivory billed woodpeckers have not been substantiated there have been cases of finding birds in the foothills of the Himalayas that had not been seen for 50 plus years. https://thehimalayantimes.com/nepal/nepals-extinct-bird-rediscovered-in-chitwan/ http://www.nbcnews.com/id/34152254/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/extinct-species-found-alive-kicking/#.XWa22uhKg_w The problem is that these birds are known and were known to exist. The ivory billed is not known to be extant. Nessie has not been found under the water despite many sonar scans. The current scan is low res... [More]
Comment icon #107 Posted by BuriedMonkie 2 years ago
Here after the Loch Ness DNA Reveal, which means Nessie is probably a massive eel (which makes me scared, imagine a huge eel floating around the loch) I reckon this sonar reading is important because we now know how massive the eel in the loch is - a staggering 25 feet long... Those are my thoughts on this Cheers
Comment icon #108 Posted by stereologist 2 years ago
There are tales of massive eels. I am wondering where the existence of eels has been altered to be massive eels.
Comment icon #109 Posted by Ultimatium 2 years ago
Well, they can grow rather big. I wouldnt be surpised if some of the sightings were a group of eels surfacing the lake.
Comment icon #110 Posted by stereologist 2 years ago
A school of gar has been proposed for some of the Champ sightings in Lake Champlain
Comment icon #111 Posted by QuickQuickSlow 2 years ago
A different monster has made itself at home in the Loch and eaten Nessie
Comment icon #112 Posted by Matt221 2 years ago
25ft long thats nearly one and four fiths as long as a vee dub beetle ......your welcome.
Comment icon #113 Posted by Robotic Jew 2 years ago
I'd be willing to spend a year or so inside a submersible if it would get people to stop believing this nonsense.