Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Sonar picks up 25ft 'creature' in Loch Ness

Posted on Tuesday, 6 August, 2019 | Comment icon 110 comments

What did Bell pick up beneath the surface of Loch Ness ? Image Credit: CC 2.0 Dave Conner
A boat skipper has captured a sonar image of something large lurking in the depths of the world-famous loch.
24-year-old Mike Bell had been taking a group of tourists out on the water on June 27th when he picked up the anomalous object approximately 115ft beneath the surface.

When he circled around to scan the same spot again, the object had completely disappeared.

"I would like to think this is our creature, Nessie," he said. "It's my first year being the skipper in the boat [and] in five months I've never seen it or had something that big on the sonar."

"An object of that size I would think is way too big for the normal species in the loch. It must have been about five or six minutes we spent trying to pick up this creature again."

This year is turning out to be one of the best for Loch Ness Monster sightings with 8 reported so far.

"My dad is the more experienced skipper who has been doing this for a few years and has said he's never seen it that big before on the sonar," said Bell.

"It's my first sighting of Nessie and I think my dad is a wee bit jealous as he has never seen it."

Source: Deadline News | Comments (110)

Tags: Loch Ness Monster

Comment icon #101 Posted by Dejarma on 25 August, 2019, 4:10
yes of course but the way nature works there would be many of them, not just one or a few & there existence would have been known as fact years ago... isn't this just basic logic?
Comment icon #102 Posted by Big Jim on 25 August, 2019, 13:33
Nature and our knowledge of it doesn't always follow the rules of logic.  I'm not arguing for or against the existence of Nessie, just saying that our ignorance of something doesn't prove that it doesn't exist.  Just being logical.
Comment icon #103 Posted by Dejarma on 25 August, 2019, 15:39
give me an example of something in nature you feel is not logical
Comment icon #104 Posted by Big Jim on 25 August, 2019, 23:29
All of it.  The grass does not grow, nor does the wind blow, because it is logical to do so.  Logic is a man made tool to help us make sense of the universe we live in.  Nature knows nothing of it.  Is a grasshopper logical?  Does its existence make sense?  We strive to claim so, but the words are all ours.  Aside from man, creatures do not do things because they are logical.  They have no need to make sense of their world.  They just are.
Comment icon #105 Posted by Dejarma on 25 August, 2019, 23:40
oh ok then
Comment icon #106 Posted by stereologist on 28 August, 2019, 17:22
Although the reports of ivory billed woodpeckers have not been substantiated there have been cases of finding birds in the foothills of the Himalayas that had not been seen for 50 plus years. https://thehimalayantimes.com/nepal/nepals-extinct-bird-rediscovered-in-chitwan/ http://www.nbcnews.com/id/34152254/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/extinct-species-found-alive-kicking/#.XWa22uhKg_w The problem is that these birds are known and were known to exist. The ivory billed is not known to be extant. Nessie has not been found under the water despite many sonar scans. The current scan is low res... [More]
Comment icon #107 Posted by BuriedMonkie on 6 October, 2019, 4:42
Here after the Loch Ness DNA Reveal, which means Nessie is probably a massive eel (which makes me scared, imagine a huge eel floating around the loch) I reckon this sonar reading is important because we now know how massive the eel in the loch is - a staggering 25 feet long... Those are my thoughts on this Cheers
Comment icon #108 Posted by stereologist on 6 October, 2019, 6:10
There are tales of massive eels. I am wondering where the existence of eels has been altered to be massive eels.
Comment icon #109 Posted by Ultimatium on 6 October, 2019, 9:53
Well, they can grow rather big. I wouldnt be surpised if some of the sightings were a group of eels surfacing the lake.
Comment icon #110 Posted by stereologist on 7 October, 2019, 2:11
A school of gar has been proposed for some of the Champ sightings in Lake Champlain

Isolated family spent years awaiting 'end times'
10-16-2019
A family of six in the Netherlands has been rescued after being kept in a secret room waiting for the end of the world.
NASA unveils new Artemis spacesuit prototypes
10-16-2019
Keen to meet its 2024 deadline for returning to the Moon, NASA has unveiled its first new spacesuits in 40 years.
Visiting interstellar comet is caught on camera
10-15-2019
Astronomers have revealed that comet 2I/Borisov is remarkably similar to comets from our own solar system.
Man traces pop star from her eye reflections
10-15-2019
A man has been arrested after using a disturbingly simple yet effective way to track down a pop star's home.
I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia

A haunting in Iowa
9-26-2019 | Central City, Iowa

Oddest thing I've ever seen
9-19-2019 | Kentucky

The blanket tugger
9-19-2019 | QLD

Unknown flash
9-19-2019 | GA

An encounter in the woods
9-17-2019 | McGuire A.F.B., NJ