Saturday, February 22, 2020

Large triangular-shaped UFO filmed over Texas

Posted on Wednesday, 8 January, 2020 | Comment icon 32 comments

What exactly is this thing ? Image Credit: YouTube / Stephaine Westerfield
Footage uploaded on January 3rd shows three anomalous lights hovering in a triangular formation.
The clip, which was filmed over Houston a few seconds after midnight on New Year's Day, was uploaded by YouTube user Stephanie Westerfield who wrote - "not sure what these lights are."

In the video, fireworks can be heard going off in the background - no doubt in celebration of the turn of the decade - and a young boy can also be heard asking "what are those ?"

The three lights that make up the triangle appear to remain stationary throughout the clip.
Since appearing online, the footage has been picked up by numerous news sites and UFO channels.

Some users have speculated that the video shows a single aircraft hovering over the area, while others have suggested that the three lights could be drones or Chinese lanterns.

As things stand however, no definitive explanation for the sighting has been found.

You can check out the footage for yourself below.

Source: YouTube | Comments (32)

Tags: UFO, Texas

Comment icon #23 Posted by Rhinopolis on 12 January, 2020, 14:32
@astrobeing The following is a story that I’m sharing for no other reason than to do so. I have personally witnessed two UAP events in my 41 years. The 1st was in 1998 at night, and the 2nd was in 2012 in the early evening as the sun was setting. Oddly enough I was driving during both events with the one in 2012 being the longest duration and with the clearest view of whatever I witnessed. I would gladly pay $1k (each event) today to have video/photo evidence of what I saw during those events so that I could more thoroughly review and understand them.  I’m an extremely logical person. I made m... [More]
Comment icon #24 Posted by joc on 12 January, 2020, 15:07
2.71 billion people own smart phones. According to GSMA real-time intelligence data, there are exactly 5.13 billion people in the world who own mobile devices. That is 66.5% of the world's population. The answer to how many people own smartphones is 2.71 billion or 35.13% of the world's population. link One would think that with almost 3 Billion people on the planet carrying smart phones the numbers of actual legitimate UFO videos would be rather large. Why are they all at night?  Why do we just see lights?  Why...when 3 billion people have smart phones all over the planet...do we never see cl... [More]
Comment icon #25 Posted by astrobeing on 12 January, 2020, 20:06
I have seen dozens of exciting things in the past thirty years doing astrophotography in the middle of nowhere while waiting for it to get dark. I and others in my group have even captured some in photos. Of course they look just like typical "UFO" photos: dots and indistinct blobs. I could post some but it's not like someone is going to know what planet it came from (besides Earth).  If you look up at the sky long enough I guarantee that you will see something that you can't explain. None of these things require the involvement of extraterrestrial life.
Comment icon #26 Posted by stereologist on 13 January, 2020, 13:19
Have you turned the telescopes to look at the objects? Years ago I was camped on South Padre island and the ground was lit up by a bright fireball. It was amazing.
Comment icon #27 Posted by mesuma on 13 January, 2020, 14:08
I'm not saying the lights aren't there. It just looks like a still image has been made to look like a video.  The video doesn't seem to move right.
Comment icon #28 Posted by astrobeing on 13 January, 2020, 18:14
Yes, but it's difficult to track a moving object with a telescope especially when they only appear for less than a minute.  Here, I found a very very spooky shot I took from a few years ago. It was a couple of hours before we went lights out for photography. I was setting up my camera when this thing floated over our camp. This was the only shot I got that wasn't full of motion blur.  It has to be a triangular spacecraft from another planet, right? Well, it's most likely a partially deflated mylar balloon fluttering in the wind. If you hike long enough you'll find "Happy Birthday" and "Welcome... [More]
Comment icon #29 Posted by joc on 14 January, 2020, 12:00
You are correct...
Comment icon #30 Posted by stereologist on 14 January, 2020, 16:47
When I was climbing the face on Half Dome my partner told me to quickly look to my left. Over a hundred swallows were attacking a mylar balloon floating up the face of rock. It was an amazing sight right out of a scifi flick with these small attackers darting around this "alien" mothership.
Comment icon #31 Posted by BorizBadinov on 15 January, 2020, 7:34
In somewhere around 2003 or 4 in Oregon, I saw a trio of lights that was at an extremely high altitude. It crossed the night sky over several minutes keeping pace with a normal satellite speed. They made a perfect triangle and kept formation without deforming, but stars were visible passing between them as they moved across the horizon. To all appearances they appeared orbital and not atmospheric. Each point appeared to be a reflective body and not an artificial light like the ones in this threads video. They were not excessively bright or fluctuating, really the only oddity about it was the a... [More]
Comment icon #32 Posted by astrobeing on 15 January, 2020, 21:40
I've seen thousands of planes and satellites over the decades and I've learned that you can't tell the difference every time. I learned that when I was watching north-south satellites pass through the sky then I saw one of them veer off to the side: that one was actually a high altitude plane.  I haven't seen a trio of satellites but I saw Mir and a Soyez pass over me together. It's always cool when satellites go into Earth's shadow and instantly disappear. Obviously they're using some sort of advanced teleportation technology!

MIT develops asteroid strike 'decision map'
2-22-2020
Scientists have come up with a way to decide upon the best response to an incoming apocalyptic asteroid.
Pole vaulter snags groin in eye-watering video
2-22-2020
A young pole vaulter recently suffered a wince-inducing injury after a freak accident during one of his jumps.
Haunted Michigan town 'was like living in hell'
2-22-2020
A new TV series will explore cases of entire towns that have been incessantly plagued by paranormal activity.
Mystery message spooks smartphone owners
2-21-2020
Samsung Galaxy owners were left puzzled when a strange message was sent out during the night.
The babysitter
2-8-2020 | ON

Mystery brain surgery and JFK
2-7-2020 | Toronto Ontario Canada

I keep bringing spirits home
2-7-2020 | Michigan