Friday, September 25, 2020

Pentagon declassifies US Navy pilot UFO videos

Posted on Tuesday, 28 April, 2020 | Comment icon 538 comments

A still from one of the three pilot recordings. Image Credit: US Navy
The US government has officially released three video clips of unidentified objects recorded by US Navy pilots.
The clips, which have been circulating for years, were filmed by pilots pursuing UAPs (or Unidentified Aerial Phenomena) - objects that many have speculated could be extraterrestrial in origin.

These include footage recorded by pilots from the Nimitz Carrier Strike Group who encountered a fast-moving unidentified flying object 100 miles off San Diego during a training exercise back in 2004.

The clips were previously leaked and published by the New York Times and Tom DeLonge's To The Stars Academy of Arts and Science.

An official statement regarding the release of the three clips reads:

"The Department of Defense has authorized the release of three unclassified Navy videos, one taken in November 2004 and the other two in January 2015, which have been circulating in the public domain after unauthorized releases in 2007 and 2017."
"The U.S. Navy previously acknowledged that these videos circulating in the public domain were indeed Navy videos. After a thorough review, the department has determined that the authorized release of these unclassified videos does not reveal any sensitive capabilities or systems, and does not impinge on any subsequent investigations of military air space incursions by unidentified aerial phenomena."

"DOD is releasing the videos in order to clear up any misconceptions by the public on whether or not the footage that has been circulating was real, or whether or not there is more to the videos. The aerial phenomena observed in the videos remain characterized as 'unidentified.'"

The officially hosted clips can be viewed and downloaded - here.

Given that the Department of Defense has not only formally acknowledged the clips but admitted that they are genuinely 'unidentified', it will be interesting to see what happens next.

It seems that, at the very least, there is a clear argument in favor of a renewed investigation into the phenomenon.

Source: defense.gov | Comments (538)

Tags: UFO, Pentagon

Comment icon #529 Posted by I'mConvinced on 26 June, 2020, 0:31
As there are people in this thread that do care about this stuff I'll leave you with an excellent, very recent, summary video.  I have checked many of his facts and interview sources and find it covers the subject without great bias.  Enjoy!
Comment icon #530 Posted by Trelane on 29 June, 2020, 22:24
Thank you. This and other related events have been debated to the point of exhaustion.
Comment icon #531 Posted by I'mConvinced on 29 June, 2020, 22:34
In your opinion, I just see you as another person unable to address the new evidence i.e. we know Mick's explanation can't be right and expert testimony tells us what is shown in the videos isn't anything he usually sees, this from a person spending all day looking through FLIR cameras for a living...  Its been hilarious watching people demand I provide evidence and when I do, it's not addressed and everyone runs and ducks for cover.  If you stopped by to let us know you're bored then thanks for sharing?
Comment icon #532 Posted by Trelane on 29 June, 2020, 23:56
I've made my stance known as best I can without me violating my own security clearance. Looking through FLIR all day is one thing. Having personally seen or being familiar with highly classified aircraft (foreign and domestic) is another. I don't demand anything from anyone. You have your opinion and that's fine. However, based off of my experiences I have a definitively different opinion.
Comment icon #533 Posted by I'mConvinced on 30 June, 2020, 14:26
That's fair enough and I'd love to hear your take.  However, I'm also not going to buy the whole, paraphrased,  'well I'm a top secret clearance guy but its so hush hush I can't speak of it, but what I can tell you is i'm right and you're wrong".  It doesn't hold much water as an argument. If you are saying you have worked with/flown US aircraft with brand new, gravity based propulsion systems and that what we are seeing is explained by this then cool, I could buy into that.  However I don't buy into the afterburners and weather balloon nonsense some around here like to believe are shown in th... [More]
Comment icon #534 Posted by Trelane on 30 June, 2020, 23:19
That's understandable, however I have nothing to prove to anyone. I'm not a pilot or aviator, I'm a MP (20+ years now). I am firmly aware of the NDAs I've had to sign and what I've seen. This both in security debriefings and being assigned to site security where items have been temporarily stored.
Comment icon #535 Posted by ChrLzs on 1 July, 2020, 21:12
.. and we're still waiting for a link to the radar data or FLIR footage that shows the maneuvers requiring a 'gravity-based propulsion system'.
Comment icon #536 Posted by Hazzard on 1 July, 2020, 21:42
Im guessing that he is pulling a "Skyeagle" on you...  If you remember that guy and his more than dishonest debating tactics.
Comment icon #537 Posted by ChrLzs on 1 July, 2020, 21:52
Yes, Sky was a strange egg.  I respected his service in the airforce, and he was absolutely convinced of ufo coverups but could never present anything solid.  It was kinda odd that as he was somewhat indirectly involved, he was a staunch defender of the Apollo missions, so he didn't buy into other conspiracy theories... It's also a pity that Merc14 isn't still around..  I hope he's OK, although I suspect his absence may be post-Trump shock.  He was a defender of the orange idiot for a while.
Comment icon #538 Posted by stereologist on 5 July, 2020, 4:17
Actually you are making false claims. We know that Mick West's analysis is correct. Your so-called expert testimony is not expert testimony. You have provided virtually nothing. I see really nothing of value you have offered.

282078

Skepticism surrounds 'life on Venus' claim
9-24-2020
It may be a bit premature to conclude that the detection of phosphine on Venus is an indication of alien life.
Scientists solve mass elephant deaths mystery
9-24-2020
Hundreds of elephants have been mysteriously dying in Botswana and scientists have finally figured out why.
Man who claims to be Jesus arrested in Russia
9-23-2020
A major operation this week saw an armed police unit swoop in to arrest the leader of a modern day cult.
Remembering 'Storm Area 51' - one year on
9-23-2020
12 months ago, what started out as a tongue-in-cheek Facebook post became a social media phenomenon.
Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball