We are now on Patreon! Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site.

Sunday, November 28, 2021
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Ghosts & Hauntings > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
Ghosts & Hauntings

Real-life 'Conjuring' house to be livestreamed

May 1, 2020 | Comment icon 19 comments

Would you spend the night here ? Image Credit: Facebook / Cory Heinzen
A week-long livestream of the house made famous by 'The Conjuring' movie is set to begin next weekend.
With everyone stuck at home due to the coronavirus lockdown, one pastime that has all-but disappeared in recent weeks is paranormal investigation.

Fortunately, however, a number of livestreamed events have cropped up to fill the gap.

One of these, which is set to begin streaming on Saturday, May 9th, is a week-long exploration of the Harrisville, Rhode Island house that inspired the hit supernatural horror movie The Conjuring.

The infamous abode, which was recently purchased by Cory Heinzen and his wife Jennifer, was once the home of the Perron family whose experiences at the house in the 1970s are well documented.
The story goes that a witch had cursed the property, dooming anyone who lived there.

The Perrons experienced all manner of unexplained occurrences which reportedly became increasingly sinister and threatening as time went on.

Since moving in, the Heinzens have also reported paranormal phenomena including mysterious footsteps, anomalous knocking sounds and flickering lights with no apparent source.

The upcoming livestream will run 24/7 for seven days on The Dark Zone.

A free preview will also be available on May 8th.

Source: Den of Geek | Comments (19)

Unexplained Mysteries is now on Patreon!

Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site and gain access to a range of perks including a subscriber badge, ad-free browsing, an exclusive weekly newsletter, sneak peaks of upcoming features and more.
24 / 25
We are 96% of the way to our second Patreon subscriber target - thank you!
Comment icon #10 Posted by papageorge1 2 years ago
From all I've heard I think this was or is almost certainly a haunted location and that the Warrens are good honest people. But I'm not sure a weeklong livestream is something I will watch. I'll wait until the 'highlights' version of the livestream comes out.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Seti42 2 years ago
No thanks. I'd rather watch paint dry.
Comment icon #12 Posted by Seti42 2 years ago
Where'd you hear that? The Warrens are total con artists, and pretty much everyone knows it. Aside from their vapid (and small) fanbase.
Comment icon #13 Posted by papageorge1 2 years ago
It’s my opinion that they are on the smear list (with every single other psychic and paranormal figure) of the anti-paranormal crowd. Their thinking is one-pointed with an obvious agenda and doesn’t impress me. And never the two sides shall meet.
Comment icon #14 Posted by RoofGardener 2 years ago
I don't think it WAS ?  I was under the impression that the story was created from scratch for the film. The house was subsequently chosen because it looked creepy. ?
Comment icon #15 Posted by Piney 2 years ago
Read the whole article. It was the disfunctional  house Lorraine Warren turned into a "haunting". I saw a article a few months ago when it was initially sold. It's somewhere in here.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Seti42 2 years ago
Fair enough. I'm fine with many paranormal hypotheses. And even some investigators. But I don't like the Warrens and I don't like the ghost TV show crowd either. I've experienced some weird **** personally, so I don't just dismiss all of it, though.
Comment icon #17 Posted by papageorge1 2 years ago
I calls 'em as I sees 'em. I like the Warrens and the TV ghost show crews (in general).
Comment icon #18 Posted by Jujo-jo 2 years ago
I'm gonna pass on this one, I have enough stuff happening that make me jumpy in my own house, I dont need to add to it ; ) Although I do watch paranomal 911 and paranormal caught on camera occasionally and I haven't seen paranomal emergency yet but it is on my list.
Comment icon #19 Posted by Matt221 2 years ago
At least thats free ........... not just me then