Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Trump comments on declassified UFO videos

Posted on Thursday, 7 May, 2020 | Comment icon 538 comments

Trump has questioned whether the footage is even real. Image Credit: US Navy
The US President seemed somewhat skeptical when asked about the recent release of three UFO videos.
Last month the US Department of Defense took the unexpected decision to formally declassify and release three video clips of unidentified objects recorded by US Navy pilots.

The clips, which have been circulating for years, were filmed by pilots pursuing UAPs (or Unidentified Aerial Phenomena) - objects that many have speculated could be extraterrestrial in origin.

These include footage recorded by pilots from the Nimitz Carrier Strike Group who encountered a fast-moving unidentified flying object 100 miles off San Diego during a training exercise back in 2004.

Since the release, the Internet has been awash with speculation about the videos, with many questioning what else the Pentagon might know about the phenomenon.

"I'm glad the Pentagon is finally releasing this footage, but it only scratches the surface of research and materials available," former Nevada Senator Harry Reid wrote on Twitter.
One person who doesn't seem to be quite as convinced about the significance of the videos however is the US President himself, Donald Trump.

When recently asked by Reuters what he thought about the release, he referred to the footage as a "hell of a video" before adding "I just wonder if it's real."

Trump has expressed skepticism about the subject of UFOs before, having previously commented on the matter last year when asked about it during an interview with ABC News.

"I did have one very brief meeting on it," he said. "But people are saying they're seeing UFOs."

"Do I believe it ? Not particularly."

Assuming that Trump could very well have access to everything there is to know about the subject, it is unclear if he simply has no interest in it or if he's being deliberately vague when questioned.

Source: CNN | Comments (538)

Tags: UFO, Pentagon

Comment icon #529 Posted by I'mConvinced on 26 June, 2020, 0:31
As there are people in this thread that do care about this stuff I'll leave you with an excellent, very recent, summary video. I have checked many of his facts and interview sources and find it covers the subject without great bias. Enjoy!
Comment icon #530 Posted by Trelane on 29 June, 2020, 22:24
Thank you. This and other related events have been debated to the point of exhaustion.
Comment icon #531 Posted by I'mConvinced on 29 June, 2020, 22:34
In your opinion, I just see you as another person unable to address the new evidencei.e. we know Mick's explanation can't be right and expert testimony tells us what is shown in the videos isn't anything he usually sees, this from a personspending all day looking through FLIR camerasfor a living... Its been hilarious watching people demand I provide evidence and when I do, it's not addressed and everyoneruns and ducks for cover. If you stopped by to let us know you're bored then thanks for sharing?
Comment icon #532 Posted by Trelane on 29 June, 2020, 23:56
I've made my stance known as best I can without me violating my own security clearance. Looking through FLIR all day is one thing. Having personally seen or being familiar with highly classified aircraft (foreign and domestic)is another. I don't demand anything from anyone. You have your opinion and that's fine. However, based off of my experiencesI have a definitively different opinion.
Comment icon #533 Posted by I'mConvinced on 30 June, 2020, 14:26
That's fair enough and I'd love to hear your take. However, I'm also not going to buy the whole, paraphrased, 'well I'm a top secret clearance guy but its so hush hush I can't speak of it, but what I can tell you is i'm right and you're wrong". It doesn't holdmuch water as an argument. If you are saying you have worked with/flown USaircraft with brand new, gravity based propulsion systems and that what we are seeing is explained by this then cool, I could buy into that. However I don't buy into the afterburners and weather balloon nonsense some around here like to believe are shown in th... [More]
Comment icon #534 Posted by Trelane on 30 June, 2020, 23:19
That's understandable, however I have nothing to prove to anyone. I'm not a pilot or aviator, I'm a MP (20+ years now).I am firmly aware of the NDAs I've had to sign and what I've seen.This both in security debriefings and being assigned to site security where items have been temporarily stored.
Comment icon #535 Posted by ChrLzs on 1 July, 2020, 21:12
.. and we're still waiting for a link to the radar data or FLIR footage that shows the maneuvers requiring a 'gravity-based propulsion system'.
Comment icon #536 Posted by Hazzard on 1 July, 2020, 21:42
Im guessing that he is pulling a "Skyeagle" on you... If you remember that guy and his more than dishonest debating tactics.
Comment icon #537 Posted by ChrLzs on 1 July, 2020, 21:52
Yes, Sky was a strangeegg. I respected his service in the airforce, and he was absolutely convinced of ufo coverupsbut could never present anything solid. It was kinda odd that as he was somewhat indirectlyinvolved, he was a staunch defender of the Apollo missions, so he didn't buy into other conspiracy theories... It's also a pity that Merc14 isn't still around.. I hope he's OK, although I suspect his absence may be post-Trump shock. He was a defender of the orange idiot for a while.
Comment icon #538 Posted by stereologist on 5 July, 2020, 4:17
Actually you are making false claims. We know that Mick West's analysis is correct. Your so-called expert testimony is not expert testimony. You have provided virtually nothing. I see really nothing of value you have offered.

Revealed: the CIA's nuclear-powered bird drone
8-4-2020
Newly declassified CIA documents have revealed details of a secretive Cold War spy drone that looked like a bird.
'Aliens built the pyramids', Tweets Elon Musk
8-4-2020
The SpaceX CEO sparked controversy and debate recently after posting up a rather unusual Tweet.
Rhode Island checks signed by Mickey Mouse
8-3-2020
Dozens of residents received tax refund checks signed by the fictional anthropomorphic mouse and his creator.
Crew Dragon successfully returns to Earth
8-3-2020
NASA astronauts Robert Behnken and Douglas Hurley have safely returned home after two months in space.
Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball