Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Oregon hiker films alleged 'Bigfoot' in woods

Posted on Monday, 10 May, 2021 | Comment icon 45 comments

Does Bigfoot stalk the forests of Oregon ? Image Credit: Steve Bexter / Pexels
Outdoor adventurer Mike Bodewitz has captured what he believes to be evidence of a real-life Bigfoot.
The clip, which was filmed running on a laptop screen using another camera, was recorded earlier this month and allegedly shows a large, ape-like creature partially obscured by the foliage.

According to Bodewitz, he had caught sight of it while walking through a ravine.

"I saw it with my own eyes," he said.

"I didn't want to get any closer to make it nervous or anything, but it's clearly keeping an eye on me. I felt that I needed to back away and move further up the hill to give it some space."

Unfortunately however, the video - which can be viewed below - is rather difficult to make out and it does not appear as though the 'Bigfoot' actually moves at all during the clip.
The fact that it has been recorded from another screen is also a bit of a red flag.

While many of the comments on the video are understandably skeptical, one user described having a very similar experience with an unidentified creature.

"Saw one years ago," they wrote. "They are really fast. REALLY fast. It took off up a steep hill like nothing I've ever seen. Wish I had more than a flip phone then."

@mike_bodewitz

#Sasquatch #sasqautch #OregonSasquatch #bigfoot #bigfootisreal #Bigfoot #bigfootsightings #OneStepCloser

♬ original sound - Mike Bodewitz

Source: Daily Dot | Comments (45)

Tags: Bigfoot

Comment icon #36 Posted by Tatetopa on 16 May, 2021, 7:26
Yes.  I did not contradict him at a dinner at his parent's house but I think it was probably a bear too.  It makes a good story.  I have even seen bucks stand up on their hind legs to get a look at something that puzzled them (Me sitting on the ground with a rain poncho over my head).  Still it makes a good story does it not?  Feel free to tell your friends you have a friend of a friend who said.....  Best results if you tell it at a campfire or in a dark room with a flashlight under your chin.
Comment icon #37 Posted by the13bats on 16 May, 2021, 9:24
Oh yeah the deer thing, i had a fright one night i posted longer version on here, basicaly im on the side of the road here in fl between eustis and mt dora, middle of the sticks its late dead out im tuning my VW trike i only had light back on the engine it moved some and fairly bright, Im sitting on the ground hear something in the tree line like a chirpie bird like sound, i get my light up enough to see a small to medium deer seem to get startled i was there it goes up on its rear legs and walks along the tree line a ways before finding a spot to sink back into the trees, the light gave it ey... [More]
Comment icon #38 Posted by Tatetopa on 16 May, 2021, 16:14
I think you hit the nail onthe head about Bigfoot and a lot of his other worldly, other worldly and alien companions.
Comment icon #39 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 17 May, 2021, 19:36
Serious question, Tat - and good to see you, too... Why is it when an eyewitness sees something (UFO BigFoot etc) that other people who are NOT eyewitnesses seem to think they know better as to what he saw? In other words, you tell someone that you saw a blimp go by. He doesn't believe you and tells a mutual friend that you saw clouds. Does that make any sense? Geeezus, I hope not.
Comment icon #40 Posted by Tatetopa on 18 May, 2021, 0:29
Serious answer Earl.  I am certainly guilty of it too. I would not have put that story in this thread if I didn't have just a wee bit of wonder.   I base my doubt on collective experience of many people I know and some I don't.  I also have experienced fear and startlement in the woods, I know what that can be like.  Observations made during that moment are not always as accurate as calm and thoughtful ones. As Carl Sagan said, "To make an apple pie, first you have to make the universe," . or something like that.  For A Bigfoot to still exist in our era, it most probably needs to be a member o... [More]
Comment icon #41 Posted by the13bats on 18 May, 2021, 0:57
Apple pie...yummy apples and oranges, hum. There is a mass of unquestionable evidence to the extent of undeniable proof blimps do in fact exist. There is nothing in the way of proof and horribly weak evidence if one can even call it evidence since stories are not evidence that bigfoot exists. If a person says i saw a bear, a deer, a wild pig ( known creature ) in the woods pretty much no one disputes that claim, someone claims to see bigfoot its not about knowing better its about what does evidence support and there is nothing to support bigfoot exists.
Comment icon #42 Posted by Resume on 18 May, 2021, 1:04
Because eyewitness testimony is so unreliable. https://www.psychologicalscience.org/teaching/myth-eyewitness-testimony-is-the-best-kind-of-evidence.html https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/do-the-eyes-have-it/ Because people embellish and lie. Because people misidentify things. Because bears and clouds and blimps (oh my) have been demonstrated to exist and alien spacecraft and footies have not.
Comment icon #43 Posted by Resume on 18 May, 2021, 1:17
My neighbor tells the cops he saw me murder my wife; do the cops immediately arrest me or do they look for evidence that a murder even took place?  Your best friend who you trust implicitly claims he saw your wife go into a motel with her yoga instructor.  Do you believe him or do you ask for more evidence. The difference between credulity and rationality.
Comment icon #44 Posted by the13bats on 18 May, 2021, 1:36
Exactly correct and we are presented with the question why do dear true believers insist on tossing rationality out the window closing the window and locking it.
Comment icon #45 Posted by Trelane on 18 May, 2021, 1:45
Well it was one of his weaker attempts at trying to prove a point. Very weak, even for him.

'Castleford Croc' spotted in UK back garden
9-21-2021
A creature resembling a crocodile has been spotted wandering around outside residences in West Yorkshire.
Mystery woman in Croatia can't recall own name
9-21-2021
Police in Croatia are investigating the case of a mystery woman who is unable to recall anything about her life.
Sir Clive Sinclair: a man ahead of his time
9-20-2021
The late inventor created all manner of weird and wonderful gadgets - but did any of them truly fail ?
Man finds creepy doll boarded up under stairs
9-20-2021
A primary school teacher in Liverpool, England found something decidedly creepy hidden in his new home.
Mystery 'troll' captured on camera
4-24-2021 | Marsta, Sweden

My Grandfather's NDE
4-24-2021 | Oakland, California

The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball