We are now on Patreon! Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site.

Saturday, November 27, 2021
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Cryptozoology > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )
Cryptozoology

Possible Bigfoot tracks discovered near Mt St Helens

October 29, 2021 | Comment icon 55 comments

Could this be a Bigfoot track ? Image Credit: Facebook / Jennifer Powell O'Neal
A woman who had been driving through Washington State recently came across something rather unusual.
Posting on the 'Washington Bigfoot' Facebook page, the woman - Jennifer Powell O'Neal - described finding an intriguing set of large footprints leading up a steep hill in the vicinity of Mount St. Helens.

"I had to climb up a bit to get to the first print," she wrote. "There were 3 total to the top and I couldn't safely get up the rest of the way to check at the top of the hill."

She also included photographs showing one of the footprints next to her shoe and her hand.

"I'm wearing a size 8 mens shoe, I used a piece of floss to get a proper measurement when I got home and it was 21.5 inches long," she wrote.
"I looked for possible prank by human but it would have been impossible to have made them with no actual foot prints leading up. Also looked for marks from bear claws in dirt and none."

"A few years back I also took photos of other prints I found on this same road and few years before that while camping we heard calls... I didn't realize could have been from Bigfoot all in this area."

The recent photographs are certainly interesting and clearly show a footprint-shaped depression in the ground. Judging by the comparative size of her shoe, the print was also quite large.

Whether or not this is really evidence of an unidentified species of bipedal ape that roams the wilds of Washington State, however, is a matter that will likely spark some lively debate.

Source: Washington Bigfoot | Comments (55)

Unexplained Mysteries is now on Patreon!

Click here to learn more about how you can help support the site and gain access to a range of perks including a subscriber badge, ad-free browsing, an exclusive weekly newsletter, sneak peaks of upcoming features and more.
24 / 25
We are 96% of the way to our second Patreon subscriber target - thank you!
Comment icon #46 Posted by Resume 16 days ago
It's a question of popularity and attention-whoring. Why fake some cryptid that no one's ever heard of?  Of course not all tracks are fakes; many are merely mis-identified, as evidenced by one self-described footie hunter mistaking moose tracks for foo-foo footprints.
Comment icon #47 Posted by Myles 16 days ago
A hoaxer did it with the Loch ness monster.
Comment icon #48 Posted by onlookerofmayhem 16 days ago
Comment icon #49 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps 16 days ago
1. Wrong here. Many cryptids like Jersey Devil were around long before anyone heard of Sasquatch, aka, bigfoot. And there are no footprints of Jersey Devil. 2. I see. A moose with a 20 inch long foot with 4 toes! Man, they sure don't make moose like they used to. smile
Comment icon #50 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps 16 days ago
I guess I'll just take your word for it that Nessie has footprints. But Nessie is not American. You've had been better off choosing Champ.
Comment icon #51 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps 16 days ago
  Almost perfect. except giant penguin was not a cryptid.
Comment icon #52 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps 16 days ago

Comment icon #53 Posted by Trelane 16 days ago
1. Wrong again; http://weekinweird.com/2013/11/17/search-jersey-devil-footprints/ Again, you are not even trying. Simple searches reveal all kinds of cryptid footprint casts. You're just not trying, deliberate laziness on your part.
Comment icon #54 Posted by Trelane 16 days ago
Please see post #43. I provided an example of the Scape Ore Swamp Lizard Man tracks. Clearly a hoaxed pile of nonsense.
Comment icon #55 Posted by Resume 16 days ago
Like I said, popularity.  Footie foo-foo is much more well-known than the Jersey whatever.  I never heard of that thing until I was a resident skeptic with a paranormal group.  So not wrong. As for no footprints of that thing; well of course not, like footie, it doesn't exist.   You'll have to ask the (snicker) experienced bigfooter about his misidentification.