Sunday, May 19, 2019
Have you ever lived in a haunted house, spotted a UFO, captured something unusual on camera or otherwise had a brush with the mysterious ? If so then we want to hear from you - please send us your story and we will feature it in our new Stories & Experiences section.

My name is whispered

Posted on 11-9-2018 | Comment icon 10 comments

By: Bobby | Location: Wish not to disclose

Image Credit: sxc.hu
This is more or less asking for some opinions onto what it could be. I feel like it's some form of minor sleep paralysis but bare with me.

Very rarely, shortly after I wake up from a deep sleep and I'm in a place different from my bed (I think it maybe happened in bed like... Once. My memory's a bit dead on that) and I hear a distinct voice says my name or something aimed at me- from what I remember nothing ever hostile. It's usually at a distance but never right in my ear. It's never too loud either, like just a murmur or a soft speaking voice.

These episodes are usually years apart,and about half an hour ago it happened again when I was sleeping in the lounge chair in our living room. My parents and little sister are dead asleep, and as usual the voice doesn't sound like anyone I know. But it's different each episode. The only episode where someone didn't say my name, it was unintelligable and it was shortly before my grandmother died- so I had always assumed it was her saying goodbye (a big part of me still does... I'm a major softie), this is the only episode within memory that was in my own bedroom. The second occurance I can remember was when I was around 9 and sleeping in the guest room the night before a family friend I was close with left, and I was having a vivid nightmare- the voice was deep and belonged to a man- said "I love you" from behind me (the bed was offset and didn't touch any walls.

This one sounded like a woman- it was a whisper and it was about across the room from me. I have an absolute killer headache.

My parents have said I had a lot of interaction with the paranormal when I was too young to remember,and I've had severely vivid and horrifying dreams nightly as a younger kid, and my mom always has called me an empath, so I'm no stranger to those ideas, it's just while I'm severely spooked, It's nothing to condemn a house for. I don't need to be constantly watching my back because someone suggested it was a demon out to get me-

So with that being said, I do have anxiety issues and would appreciate if everyone could provide more insightful, grounded answers.

Comments (10)

<< Previous story
Strange numbers on arm

Comment icon #1 Posted by EsotericScience on 9 November, 2018, 18:02
I'm aware of exploding head syndrome but that's supposed to be a loud sudden boom. I'm not sure whether or not people can hear whispers in cases of EHS though. I've heard my name called out when no one was there quite a number of times but I was wide awake most of the time, only once was I falling asleep when it happened.
Comment icon #2 Posted by Talkofthecentury on 11 November, 2018, 15:28
  Not sure but this happened to me earlier this year while I was awake
Comment icon #3 Posted by She-ra on 13 November, 2018, 0:41
It sounds like loving words so nothing to have anxiety about. It would comfort me to think of loved ones trying to get my attention possibly. I would just continue to document.
Comment icon #4 Posted by Avinash Suresh on 22 November, 2018, 16:19
You have the skill of clairaudience. It's nothing to fear about. Instead, try to talk to them. They may be your spirit guides. Practice meditation. It is likely that you may be able to hear them more clearly. Listen to them. Ask them who they are. What is their purpose in your life?  Sometimes, spirit guides have a duty to guide you. They are here to perform their duties.
Comment icon #5 Posted by SmartAZ on 25 March, 2019, 0:03
That is one symptom of B vitamin deficiency. It's easy enough to test: take a B-50 or B-100 pill. Vitamin B2 is a water soluble dye that makes urine bright yellow. When the color fades it's time for another pill. Study some books about nutrition so you know things like this.
Comment icon #6 Posted by sci-nerd on 25 March, 2019, 0:16
Please provide reliable sources, when you give specific medical advice! Your words and memory is not something people should test their health with!
Comment icon #7 Posted by SmartAZ on 25 March, 2019, 10:04
Nutrition is not "medical" advice. Doctors have no training in nutrition so everybody needs to learn the subject themselves.
Comment icon #8 Posted by sci-nerd on 26 March, 2019, 17:03
Too much or too little of a vitamin can affect your heath, so before attempting any major change, always consult your doctor!
Comment icon #9 Posted by SmartAZ on 3 April, 2019, 6:43
A doctor will not give advice outside his training. That is to say he shouldn't. He might give dietary advice. He doesn't know the difference between diet and nutrition.
Comment icon #10 Posted by Desertrat56 on 7 April, 2019, 16:34
My reaction was laughter, about the voice calling your name having to do with a vitamin deficiency.   Bright yellow urine does not indicate anything except an overdose of B vitamins or ingestion of some kind of dye. It is a good thing to know how to check for vitamin deficiency though but has nothing to do with some non-physical calling your name.   Most U.S.  people have dietary deficiencies that make them cranky and unreasonable, hyper and dysfunctional in other ways.  Too much processed food and no home vegetable gardens. And I agree that very few medical doctors know anything about nutriti... [More]

6461951

Crashed UFO off Gig Harbor Wa.
5-15-2019 | Gig Harbor Wa.

My enlightenment