Tuesday, May 21, 2019
Have you ever lived in a haunted house, spotted a UFO, captured something unusual on camera or otherwise had a brush with the mysterious ? If so then we want to hear from you - please send us your story and we will feature it in our new Stories & Experiences section.

Strange numbers on arm

Posted on 11-9-2018 | Comment icon 19 comments

By: Wggoodman | Location: Charlotte, NC

Image Credit: sxc.hu
This story begins about a year and a half ago. I went to Dave and Busters to go bowling with my family and when bowling you're under the black lights. Standing in line to get a lane I looked down and noticed there was a string of numbers on my right forearm that could only be seen in the black light.

I showed my family and none of us could think of any point in time in which I had been carrying anything that could have transferred ink to my arm. I also had most definitely not written on my arm in sharpie and have never come on contact with tattoo ink.

After this occurred, as crazy as it sounds electronics started malfunctioning when I was around. At first I thought it was a coincidence that lights would turn off when I walked by sometimes and that perhaps I was being paranoid but a year and a half later I'm convinced it's no longer a coincidence.

Lights frequently turn off when I walk past them at night and last year the tv in my room turned itself on several times when the remote was in sight and nothing was touching it. Two different electric razors began turning themselves on at night after I used them once, and they were two different types of electric razors.

What finally prompted me to tell my story was an incident last week in which I was walking across campus to go to the library at night and decided I would pick a light in sight that was on to continue looking at as I walked past to observe whether it turned off or not. As I walked past the light I had picked from about 150 yards away, it shut off.

I can promise this is no BS story from a kid looking for attention. Friends tell me I'm crazy for it all the time and I'm just hoping somebody here knows something I don't know and can give me some legitimate input on what might be going on. I have a picture of the numbers on my arm but can't seem to add that to the story, so if anyone knows how to post that please let me know so that I can show that this is a legitimate and very real experience of mine.

Comments (19)

<< Previous story
Two experiences
Next story >>
My name is whispered

Comment icon #10 Posted by papageorge1 on 2 January, 2019, 22:32
I can see why surface skeptics would call '666' corny. But it happens in many stories I have heard beyond yours. If you people know it sounds corny you wouldn't select that number in a made-up story you wanted others to believe. I think you are just stating the facts as an honest person has to. I am thinking maybe '666" has taken on a real symbolic meaning even beyond the physical level.   PLEASE DO share these personal relevant stories. My advice is respond to the ridicule up to a point and stop. The ridiculer probably already has his feet nailed in position of course, but others (like me) be... [More]
Comment icon #11 Posted by Not A Rockstar on 2 January, 2019, 22:44
The thing about 666 showing up in so many tales is why I spend a lot of time pondering the subconscious linkage to SOME experiences and phenomenon I read about. We know now from history that it is not a real occultic thing, it meant Nero, not the anti-Christ (my belief anyway after a lot of reading and researching as I can) and yet it keeps coming up, as if our sub conscious still wants to spit it out to express evil and things to fear, etc. I wish we did have more clinical studies about some things to run this sort of connection down. It would be nice to know where we are causing our own even... [More]
Comment icon #12 Posted by XenoFish on 2 January, 2019, 23:05
This. It's a cultural association. How many movies use 666 to represent their idea of the devil, etc? A lot.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Not A Rockstar on 2 January, 2019, 23:17
In the 70s though it truly was mainstream belief that 666 meant the Antichrist, hence why Hollywood went nuts pushing it.  Our beliefs drive reality in many ways... just not enough. I keep wanting to believe I hit the lotto really big
Comment icon #14 Posted by XenoFish on 2 January, 2019, 23:20
I think all of us have something like that going on in the back of our heads. But I'm sure this is just one of the "if it's spooky, it's real" things. Like how every single thread about a ouija board is automatically "evil or demonic".
Comment icon #15 Posted by Not A Rockstar on 2 January, 2019, 23:22
Come one, X man, help me with this and lets hit the dang lotto this year
Comment icon #16 Posted by XenoFish on 2 January, 2019, 23:26
With my luck. If I played the lotto I'd owe them money.
Comment icon #17 Posted by Not A Rockstar on 2 January, 2019, 23:35
You have a lot of interesting experiences, Ozy, and I do wish I knew more of them, but, I also totally get how hostile it can get in a hurry if you try to share much. It is that old parable about casting pearls before swine   I do not tell a fraction of the things I have seen or experienced, but what I do share is to a point and I generally don't respond at all to rude jerks. It seems to work better than giving them further thought. Believe me or do not. Talk to me with respect as I strive to talk to you in the same, or don't. Not here to convince anyone. I just like to learn and have sane dis... [More]
Comment icon #18 Posted by openozy on 3 January, 2019, 1:24
Thanks NAR,good advice.I feel I can generally tell between sh-- stirring and genuine discussions most of the time,Cheers.
Comment icon #19 Posted by NotWhoYouThink on 8 January, 2019, 18:59
what were the numbers??

Crashed UFO off Gig Harbor Wa.
5-15-2019 | Gig Harbor Wa.

My enlightenment