Thursday, July 28, 2016

Mystery man haunts Swiss woods for 10 years

Posted on Thursday, 12 September, 2013 | Comment icon 58 comments

Nobody has ever seen the man's face. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Drew Coffman
A strange man in a gask mask and military clothing has been sighted numerous times over the last decade.
Known only as 'Le Leyon', the mysterious stranger has puzzled locals and authorities in Switzerland for years. Alleged to walk the same route through the woods every day, he always wears the same outfit and nobody has ever seen his face. The mystery surrounding his identity and purpose in the area has been the subject of much concern and intrigue.

"He had a military cape, boots and an army gas mark - an antique type, I think," said an unnamed local photographer who managed to snap a photograph of the man. "He measured more than 1.9m. He stared at me then turned his back on me and left in silence."

Some area residents have also expressed fears over the man's intentions. "He came out of the woods with his military clothes," said one woman. "We saw neither his face nor his eyes behind his big dark gas mask. It was scary and I know women who are venturing alone in the forest."

Authorities are currently attempting to track down and identify the man but have so far come up empty.

Source: The Australian | Comments (58)

Tags: Switzerland

Comment icon #49 Posted by Lava_Lady on 15 September, 2013, 22:50
Comment icon #50 Posted by freetoroam on 15 September, 2013, 23:25
I would have named him/her, "Le Elephante" because he looks like an elephant with the gas mask thing hanging on his face...... or am I just imagining that? If there is no hose hanging then perhaps "Le Pig" or "Le Alien" or "Le Giant Ant". I have a headache. Elephante? Pig? Alien? ANT? Why am I relieved your head suddenly hurts? lol
Comment icon #51 Posted by Lava_Lady on 15 September, 2013, 23:33
Elephante? Pig? Alien? ANT? Why am I relieved your head suddenly hurts? lol haha! I'm trying to think what animals those old gas masks look like! Certainly doesn't look like a lion, although Loyon doesn't mean lion, it could look vaguely elephant like but only if it has a hose but if it doesn't have a hose than it might pass as a pig than I thought, no, not really because although it kind of has a snout thingy the eye part would be too big then I thought it would look like an alien because they supposedly have a big head but then no, because they have small mouths so maybe an ant??? No.... and... [More]
Comment icon #52 Posted by Colonel Rhuairidh on 16 September, 2013, 6:31
I would have named him/her, "Le Elephante" because he looks like an elephant with the gas mask thing hanging on his face...... or am I just imagining that? If there is no hose hanging then perhaps "Le Pig" or "Le Alien" or "Le Giant Ant". I have a headache. L'éléphant, le cochon or, er, le fourmi géante?
Comment icon #53 Posted by Colonel Rhuairidh on 16 September, 2013, 7:29
* Just an observation: this thread -- http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=254699 about a sinister Clown* spooking people in England. Now, he only popped up on Friday, and already people have got decent pictures of him. So I really can't believe that no one had managed to get a picture of this Loyon character in ten years, I really don't. * well obviously he would be
Comment icon #54 Posted by BorisIWantToKnow on 17 September, 2013, 21:20
Maybe people in Switzerland are more scared then the boys and girls in Northampton!
Comment icon #55 Posted by Rafterman on 1 October, 2013, 19:38
So have they managed to talk with this elusive figure yet?
Comment icon #56 Posted by WalkingDude20 on 18 January, 2014, 10:02
Le Loyon means "The Lion" or "The Warrior" most likely dubbed this because of his post apocalyptic/war time garb.
Comment icon #57 Posted by acute on 18 January, 2014, 10:27
I'm not too convinced by the photograph either, there's something not right about it apart from it being blurry, The figure doesn't seem to be standing on the ground, it's like it's been added later. Does anyone else think the picture looks odd? It looks ok to me. The lighting of the figure is consistent with the surroundings. Great story though! If he hasn't approached anyone in 10 years, he's obviously just a harmless nut. .
Comment icon #58 Posted by Still Waters on 18 January, 2014, 12:14
Things have moved on since I first posted this new story, since then it appears he's no longer with us - http://www.unexplain...howtopic=259971 In view of this I'm closing this thread. Any further comments can be posted in the thread I've linked to.

Philae mission officially comes to a close
7-27-2016
After a year without communication, scientists have finally said goodbye to Philae for the last time.
This year's global warming is off the charts
7-27-2016
Climate scientists have expressed concern over the record-breaking temperatures seen so far this year.
White whale Migaloo spotted near Queensland
7-27-2016
Migaloo, one of only four known white humpbacks in existence, has surfaced once again near Australia.
Mystery surrounds missing craters on Ceres
7-26-2016
Scientists have been attempting to determine why the dwarf planet Ceres has no large craters at all.
Following the Oregon Trail
Posted 7-27-2016 | 1 comment
A look back at Narcissa Whitman - the first woman to complete the Oregon Trail.

Walking over light bulbs
Posted 7-26-2016 | 2 comments
This skilled Chinese woman succeeds in walking across light bulbs for 20 meters.

Are great leaders born or made ?
Posted 7-25-2016 | 7 comments
What does it take to be a great leader and how does one go about accomplishing that ?

Real-life Pokemon
Posted 7-24-2016 | 1 comment
Are there any animals in the real world that could be considered actual real-life Pokemon ?

Trans-Atlantic solar powered flight
Posted 7-23-2016 | 0 comments
A look at Solar Impulse 2, the aircraft that crossed the Atlantic using the power of the sun.

Light in Orion
7-23-2016 | Tampa, Florida

Girl with the broken neck
7-23-2016 | Mississippi

Holes in cotton clothing
7-23-2016 | Somerset, UK

Three knocks in the night
6-28-2016 | Cedar City, Utah