Monday, May 29, 2017

Mystery man haunts Swiss woods for 10 years

Posted on Thursday, 12 September, 2013 | Comment icon 58 comments

Nobody has ever seen the man's face. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Drew Coffman
A strange man in a gask mask and military clothing has been sighted numerous times over the last decade.
Known only as 'Le Leyon', the mysterious stranger has puzzled locals and authorities in Switzerland for years. Alleged to walk the same route through the woods every day, he always wears the same outfit and nobody has ever seen his face. The mystery surrounding his identity and purpose in the area has been the subject of much concern and intrigue.

"He had a military cape, boots and an army gas mark - an antique type, I think," said an unnamed local photographer who managed to snap a photograph of the man. "He measured more than 1.9m. He stared at me then turned his back on me and left in silence."

Some area residents have also expressed fears over the man's intentions. "He came out of the woods with his military clothes," said one woman. "We saw neither his face nor his eyes behind his big dark gas mask. It was scary and I know women who are venturing alone in the forest."

Authorities are currently attempting to track down and identify the man but have so far come up empty.

Source: The Australian | Comments (58)

Tags: Switzerland

Comment icon #49 Posted by Lava_Lady on 15 September, 2013, 22:50
Comment icon #50 Posted by freetoroam on 15 September, 2013, 23:25
I would have named him/her, "Le Elephante" because he looks like an elephant with the gas mask thing hanging on his face...... or am I just imagining that? If there is no hose hanging then perhaps "Le Pig" or "Le Alien" or "Le Giant Ant". I have a headache. Elephante? Pig? Alien? ANT? Why am I relieved your head suddenly hurts? lol
Comment icon #51 Posted by Lava_Lady on 15 September, 2013, 23:33
Elephante? Pig? Alien? ANT? Why am I relieved your head suddenly hurts? lol haha! I'm trying to think what animals those old gas masks look like! Certainly doesn't look like a lion, although Loyon doesn't mean lion, it could look vaguely elephant like but only if it has a hose but if it doesn't have a hose than it might pass as a pig than I thought, no, not really because although it kind of has a snout thingy the eye part would be too big then I thought it would look like an alien because they supposedly have a big head but then no, because they have small mouths so maybe an ant??? No.... and... [More]
Comment icon #52 Posted by Colonel Rhuairidh on 16 September, 2013, 6:31
I would have named him/her, "Le Elephante" because he looks like an elephant with the gas mask thing hanging on his face...... or am I just imagining that? If there is no hose hanging then perhaps "Le Pig" or "Le Alien" or "Le Giant Ant". I have a headache. L'éléphant, le cochon or, er, le fourmi géante?
Comment icon #53 Posted by Colonel Rhuairidh on 16 September, 2013, 7:29
* Just an observation: this thread -- http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=254699 about a sinister Clown* spooking people in England. Now, he only popped up on Friday, and already people have got decent pictures of him. So I really can't believe that no one had managed to get a picture of this Loyon character in ten years, I really don't. * well obviously he would be
Comment icon #54 Posted by BorisIWantToKnow on 17 September, 2013, 21:20
Maybe people in Switzerland are more scared then the boys and girls in Northampton!
Comment icon #55 Posted by Rafterman on 1 October, 2013, 19:38
So have they managed to talk with this elusive figure yet?
Comment icon #56 Posted by WalkingDude20 on 18 January, 2014, 10:02
Le Loyon means "The Lion" or "The Warrior" most likely dubbed this because of his post apocalyptic/war time garb.
Comment icon #57 Posted by acute on 18 January, 2014, 10:27
I'm not too convinced by the photograph either, there's something not right about it apart from it being blurry, The figure doesn't seem to be standing on the ground, it's like it's been added later. Does anyone else think the picture looks odd? It looks ok to me. The lighting of the figure is consistent with the surroundings. Great story though! If he hasn't approached anyone in 10 years, he's obviously just a harmless nut. .
Comment icon #58 Posted by Still Waters on 18 January, 2014, 12:14
Things have moved on since I first posted this new story, since then it appears he's no longer with us - http://www.unexplain...howtopic=259971 In view of this I'm closing this thread. Any further comments can be posted in the thread I've linked to.

NASA to launch probe that will 'touch the Sun'
5-28-2017
Known as Solar Probe Plus, the mission will be officially revealed in an announcement on Wednesday.
Mystery bang rocks Tauranga, New Zealand
5-28-2017
An extremely loud bang managed to wake up half the city when it shook houses at 3am on Sunday morning.
'Magic tree door' illusion baffles the Internet
5-27-2017
Stop-motion animator Kevin Parry has created a short video clip that seems to defy the laws of physics.
Work begins on world's largest telescope
5-27-2017
When it is completed, the Extremely Large Telescope (ELT) will offer unprecedented views of the cosmos.
Thieving octopus
Posted 5-28-2017 | 0 comments
The Giant Pacific Octopus lies in wait so that it can steal crabs from local fishermen.

What color were dinosaurs ?
Posted 5-27-2017 | 6 comments
We can learn much about dinosaurs from fossils, but their color has long remained a mystery.

Ring around the Earth
Posted 5-26-2017 | 0 comments
What would happen if a solid, free-floating ring was placed in orbit around the Earth ?

World's heaviest weight
Posted 5-25-2017 | 0 comments
This incredible machine is capable of delivering a whopping 1,000,000 pounds of force.

Nine doughnuts in three minutes
Posted 5-24-2017 | 5 comments
'L.A. Beast' returns to break another record, this time by eating a huge pile of doughnuts.

Trade school terror
5-26-2017 | Cedro woolley, Wa.

Someone is on my bed