Monday, June 27, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Bizarre > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Bizarre

13 cows inexplicably leap over cliff edge

June 6, 2017 | Comment icon 56 comments

Why did the cows jump off the cliff ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 4.0 Sondreaasan
Farmers in Switzerland were left perplexed after the animals escaped their pen and leapt to their deaths.
The peculiar incident, which happened on Wednesday night near the village of Levron, saw a total of 13 cows breaking out of their pen, running towards a cliff edge and then hurling themselves off it.

12 of the animals were killed by the 50-meter drop while one, which seemingly landed on top of the others which cushioned the fall, managed to survive and was later taken to an animal hospital.

"The cows broke through several lines around the pasture before finding themselves on the ridge," said local farming insurance company president Norbert Terrettaz.
"They fell into the void, as though they were forced into it."

One possible explanation is that the animals had been spooked by a predator or a dog.

"They must have been blocked somehow," said breeder Benoit Berguerand. "One or two cows falling off, that's possible. Thirteen, that's a new and incomprehensible phenomenon."

"It is unlikely that they threw themselves off without pressure."

Source: The Local | Comments (56)

Comment icon #47 Posted by docyabut2 5 years ago
That happened all over the world  herds of animals falling  off the cliffs. Its  what ever shocks them into running and they don't know where they are running to.
Comment icon #48 Posted by The Silver Thong 5 years ago
When I was a kid I chased cows. When they turned on me I was the dumb one running for my life slipping and sliding in cow poo. They must of had a good laugh at that one. Dumb human
Comment icon #49 Posted by Matt221 5 years ago
When I was younger me and a friend usedately to shout at cows in particular field they used to charge like hell at us and stop within a few feet I never had the bottle to just stand there as my mate did
Comment icon #50 Posted by Matt221 5 years ago
When I was younger me and a friend used to shout at cows in particular field they used to charge like hell at us and stop within a few feet I never had the bottle to just stand there as my mate did guess who legged it and slipped over and landed in the s**t
Comment icon #51 Posted by Matt221 5 years ago
Double post wtf sorry people
Comment icon #52 Posted by Sundew 5 years ago
Did they meat their Maker?
Comment icon #53 Posted by MissJatti 5 years ago
Fck living on the farm, we wanna be free. "This way to cow heaven, follow me cows"
Comment icon #54 Posted by BeastieRunner 5 years ago
Cowhalla.
Comment icon #55 Posted by KNash 5 years ago
Didn't the same thing happen on an episode of South Park?
Comment icon #56 Posted by Matt221 5 years ago
Cows called Daisy Are often lazy. But cows called Brian They be flyin' Up in the air And out into space Because of the grass And the gasses it makes!

Total Posts: 7,285,028    Topics: 299,710    Members: 197,523