Thursday, August 17, 2017

News camera films UFO over Nebraska

Posted on Thursday, 12 September, 2013 | Comment icon 104 comments

The object was filmed over Lincoln, Nebraska. Image Credit: CC BY 2.0 Julia/Wikimedia
A local news channel filmed a strange triangular object over Lincoln, Nebraska from their tower camera.
The station's meteorologist Sean McMullen stated that the object was visible for approximately 45 minutes. Appearing as a brightly lit triangle, the object floated above the city of Lincoln in the early hours of September 4th before disappearing when the sun came up.

"I have never seen anything like this before," said McMullen. "I even say that several times while I'm on air describing the object, because I want to let people know even I don't know what this is, so I can't exactly tell you what it is."

According to reports, a similar object was also witnessed a few hours later outside Kansas City however the FAA has maintained that nothing unusual was picked up on radar at the time of the sightings.

Source: KLKN-TV | Comments (104)

Tags: UFO, Nebraska, Lincoln

Comment icon #95 Posted by zoser on 13 October, 2013, 8:58
Well, it doesn't actually exist, as we all know, money is purely an abstract that was devised as a convenient method of exchange. It doesn't exist objectively, After Thursday, you may well be correct.
Comment icon #96 Posted by zoser on 13 October, 2013, 9:16
Well done for speaking out J. I will look into this case tomorrow and give you my opinion on it. OK sorted it. Just listen to the last few seconds of the OP video. Professor Timothy Gay (Physicist) confirms that ET's do not in fact exist and that the image was a government aircraft or camera anomaly. Always listen to the experts for best advice.
Comment icon #97 Posted by Colonel Rhuairidh on 13 October, 2013, 10:37
UNL Physics Professor Timothy Gay says the number of UFO sightings has gone down substantially in the past two decades. Gay says he can guarantee the non-existence of extra terrestrials, and suspects the Towercam footage was a government aircraft of some sort, or perhaps an odd lens reflection. Well, in response to point (1) I can only say Really?, and point (2) is hardly worth bothering to give a response to, is it. What a lazy cop out his "Explanation" is. You can see how he got where he is today.
Comment icon #98 Posted by bmk1245 on 13 October, 2013, 13:45
OK sorted it. Just listen to the last few seconds of the OP video. Professor Timothy Gay (Physicist) confirms that ET's do not in fact exist and that the image was a government aircraft or camera anomaly. Always listen to the experts for best advice. Correction - newschick said that. Maybe T.Gay said exactly that, or maybe he said something like "I can guarantee we know nothing about alien existence", and news anchor simply "rephrased" that.OT BTW, The Daily Show made funny segment on CNN's coverage of NAVY shootings (if its get blocked in UK, you can access through The Atlantic Wire). Those a... [More]
Comment icon #99 Posted by Colonel Rhuairidh on 13 October, 2013, 13:49
I think he must have been misquoted, no reputable scientist would say anything as foolish as that.
Comment icon #100 Posted by coolguy on 14 October, 2013, 4:20
Could have been a UFO. It was seen in other states
Comment icon #101 Posted by Colonel Rhuairidh on 14 October, 2013, 6:38
Comment icon #102 Posted by Kludge808 on 14 October, 2013, 7:39
Well, it doesn't actually exist, as we all know, money is purely an abstract that was devised as a convenient method of exchange. It doesn't exist objectively, Sure as heck beats trying to balance cows against produce. OTOH, barter is a lot of fun done right. Zoser, going by the post to which the good Colonel replied it was a response to my earlier post about reality. You totally missed the part about you being put on ignore elsewhere. That happens to be a forum-wide status, not just that thread which thankfully got shutdown before you started bringing in anything more to derail it. However, I... [More]
Comment icon #103 Posted by Kludge808 on 14 October, 2013, 7:41
Indeed it could. It could also have been a unicorn. They've been seen in several states as well. Most of them involve being high at the time. :-D
Comment icon #104 Posted by Frank Merton on 14 October, 2013, 8:00
Did the good Dr. Gay also confirm that goats climbing trees don't exist? I just saw a picture showing they do.

Mystery of distant Kuiper Belt object deepens
8-17-2017
The next target of NASA's New Horizons probe is a space rock with some rather intriguing properties.
Scientists solve animal evolution mystery
8-17-2017
A sea algae boom has been credited with the rise of the first complex life forms in Earth's distant past.
Man finds snake on a supermarket pineapple
8-17-2017
A man in Edinburgh got the fright of his life on Tuesday when he found the reptile in his shopping.
Insect burgers to go on sale in Switzerland
8-16-2017
Insect-based edibles are beginning to appear in shops after a recent revision of food safety laws.
Concrete blocks chest smash
Posted 8-17-2017 | 0 comments
Multiple world record holder Ali Bahcetepe has 16 concrete blocks smashed on his chest.

Animal symbiotic relationships
Posted 8-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at some of the animal species that rely on one another to survive.

How much of the Earth can be seen at once ?
Posted 8-15-2017 | 0 comments
What is the maximum amount of our planet that you can see from any given point ?

Will batteries power the world ?
Posted 8-14-2017 | 0 comments
Is there a limit to how small and light a rechargeable lithium-ion battery can be ?

Hoia-Baciu - the world's most haunted forest
Posted 8-13-2017 | 0 comments
A look at an area of forest that some people describe as Romania's own 'Bermuda Triangle'.

Ghost experiences ?
8-11-2017 | United States

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama