Monday, September 26, 2016

Famous people who believe in ET and UFOs

Posted on Wednesday, 16 October, 2013 | Comment icon 32 comments

President Ronald Reagan famously saw a UFO. Image Credit: Michael Evans
Many high profile individuals over the years have spoken out about their belief that we are being visited.
While many of those who subscribe to the idea that Earth is being visited by an intelligent extraterrestrial race would perhaps prefer to keep it to themselves, there are multiple cases of famous people who have made no secret of their interest in the subject.

Several scientists, astronomers and astronauts are among those who believe we are not alone. Professor Stephen Hawking famously warned against making contact on the basis that we could be putting ourselves at risk from a hostile alien species while Dr J Allen Hynek was the director of Project Blue Book, an in-depth study of the UFO phenomenon carried out by the US Air Force in the 1950s and 1960s.

Several US Presidents have also come forward over the years to reveal an interest in UFOs. Richard Nixon once stated "I'm not at liberty to discuss the government's knowledge of extraterrestrial UFO's at this time. I am still personally being briefed on the subject." Both Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan claimed to have personally witnessed a UFO.

Other celebrities that have shown an interest in the phenomenon include David Bowie, Sigourney Weaver, Elvis Presley and MUFON member Dan Aykryod who has been a keen proponent of UFO research for years.

Source: IB Times | Comments (32)

Tags: UFO, Extraterrestrial

Comment icon #23 Posted by psyche101 on 17 October, 2013, 7:35
If you believe in UFOS and ET, then you will attempt to find evidence to support that belief. We work to substantiate our beliefs, that is human nature. To change a belief requires both recognition and the effort to consider alternatives, that is perspective. “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” - Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man
Comment icon #24 Posted by freetoroam on 17 October, 2013, 9:20
That Richard Nixon practiced deception when it suited his political ends is well known. I don't perceive any such advantage in his lying about government knowledge of UFOs. Or lack of knowledge, like Roswell, it was easier to say it was a spaceship and an alien than let people find out what really was going on behind closed labs. As for Nixon, if he were not lying for his sake, he was lying for the rest of the government. Many of the UFO's were and still are government and military equipment, and there are many a scientist who would be willing to vouch they are UFOs for the sake of a few milli... [More]
Comment icon #25 Posted by Kahn on 17 October, 2013, 12:41
I've been blessed with witnessing some strange events, but in my 53 years on this planet I have yet to witness one that could not be explained. Among the phenomena I've been fortunate enough to witness, 3 bolide meteors, (Two in the same shower. Do you know what the odds are of seeing one in a lifetime is?), the Jan 20th 1990 meteor that streaked across the eastern US, and a Proton-B second stage re-entry (which Aerospace Corp. gave me a sighting confirmation on). I still watch the skies for that one thing I cannot identify, but I still enjoy the magic of those that I can, reminding me of our ... [More]
Comment icon #26 Posted by slaughtr on 17 October, 2013, 17:29
ing I found and explanation for ...BS, if you found an answer then you would not be on sites like this one ,apparently you believe something. If some believes we are visited by other places then who are you to question about what they saw or believe. If you are a government official you would be terified to know real thigs but having access to info is vital. For those that believe your not the crazy one it's the folks who think everything is scientificaly proved and skeptic as hell. If you think a sin filled human is the only living thing in this universe then your past skeptic it's called bei... [More]
Comment icon #27 Posted by Star Man on 17 October, 2013, 19:08
Famous people who just believe in ET and UFOs? I already dancing with them ( most of them are aliens: unknow origins) for 8 years. As alien germs living in space, then aliens should be somewhere or perhaps the ET too.
Comment icon #28 Posted by Somethings Not Right on 17 October, 2013, 20:56
Comment icon #29 Posted by JesseCuster on 17 October, 2013, 21:15
Comment icon #30 Posted by curiouse on 17 October, 2013, 23:46
Other celebs that believe. Robbie Williams, Rhianna, etc
Comment icon #31 Posted by Lex540 on 14 November, 2013, 10:47
Famous does not mean his right
Comment icon #32 Posted by DBunker on 14 November, 2013, 15:43
Famous does not mean his right Of cours not. Few people would believe the President of the US if he came on TV and said that he saw a flying Unicorn last night, whent into some pretty good details and ended up showning a blurry photo that (if you squinted) could see something like a horse in the dark sky. Most of us would like to see better evidence than that. I know I do.

Is the Voynich manuscript an elaborate hoax ?
9-25-2016
Cryptographers have been attempting to decipher the text's mysterious symbols and diagrams for decades.
Police in Russia 'arrest' activist robot
9-25-2016
Police officers attempted to handcuff the contraption while it was recording data about voter opinions.
Pluto may have an ocean over 100km deep
9-24-2016
Scientists believe that the dwarf planet's interior may be filled with large quantities of liquid water.
Scientists solve mystery of the singing fish
9-24-2016
Back in the 1980's, California houseboat residents had reported hearing a strange humming noise at night.
Crushing shoes
Posted 9-25-2016 | 0 comments
What happens when you crush shoes in a high-powered hydraulic press ?

Meet the human torch
Posted 9-24-2016 | 0 comments
Josef Toedtling from Austria has made a successful career out of setting himself on fire.

Real plutonium
Posted 9-23-2016 | 0 comments
A rare look at some of the different plutonium compounds stored at the National Nuclear Laboratory.

Cute but deadly
Posted 9-22-2016 | 4 comments
A look at some animals which might look cute but can still harm you if you aren't careful.

Cooking steak with lava
Posted 9-21-2016 | 1 comment
What happens when you try to cook a steak using a stream of molten hot magma ?

Red-faced monster
9-14-2016 | Lox Florida

Locked door
9-14-2016 | Ho Chi Minh city/Vietnam

The visit
9-9-2016 | West Palm Beach, Fl

Translucent silent UFO
9-9-2016 | Brisbane/Australia

Sleep paralysis and strange activity
9-1-2016 | Tarpon Springs, FL

Blackout? Possession?
9-1-2016 | Canada

Golden ring eyes
8-29-2016 | USA

Shared grief experience
8-29-2016 | Scotland, UK

Sleep paralysis and leaving body
8-29-2016 | California