Sunday, September 25, 2016

Bus driver's life saved by pocket Bible

Posted on Tuesday, 25 February, 2014 | Comment icon 16 comments

The Bible seemed to have stopped the bullets. Image Credit: sxc.hu
Rickey Waggoner miraculously escaped death when his Bible stopped two bullets from penetrating his chest.
The 49-year-old Dayton bus driver had parked his bus due to a mechanical failure and had disembarked to assess the problem. As he was doing so, three teens approached and opened fire, hitting him twice in the chest.

Incredibly, a small Bible that Waggoner had been keeping in his pocket somehow stopped both bullets from penetrating his body and he went on to survive the ordeal relatively unscathed.

"I had a book in my pocket," he said during the 911 call. "At first I thought it went through. It just feels like I've been hit with a sledgehammer in the chest. And I've been cut on the arm."

Police are now attempting to track down the teenagers responsible for the attack.

Source: WCPO.com | Comments (16)

Tags: Bible, Bullets, Shooting

Comment icon #7 Posted by ancient astronaut on 25 February, 2014, 17:29
AHHHHHHHHHHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHDDDDDDDDDD IT's A Mirackle (In Jest)
Comment icon #8 Posted by Eldorado on 25 February, 2014, 17:57
wow lucky guy! oh wait not luck - divine intervention...yeah... I believe it was indeed divine intervention. Same thing happened to me with a freshly shoplifted purchased copy of Sports Illustrated Swimwear Edition I had stuffed up my pullover. The Goddesses therein protected me, I believe. Praise the Centrefold!
Comment icon #9 Posted by taniwha on 26 February, 2014, 0:55
Comment icon #10 Posted by kapow53 on 26 February, 2014, 3:35
This has God written all over it.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Queenregena on 26 February, 2014, 3:38
I'm from Dayton and thank god I got out!!!
Comment icon #12 Posted by AlienDan on 26 February, 2014, 6:08
So the same thing happens to a drunk with a flask in his pocket. PRAISE THE ALCOHOL GODS! It's a sign that we should all become drunks!
Comment icon #13 Posted by coldethyl on 26 February, 2014, 16:08
I like this story, it just makes me feel good.
Comment icon #14 Posted by pallidin on 26 February, 2014, 19:20
Must have been low mass .22's (don't know this for a fact)
Comment icon #15 Posted by Sundew on 26 February, 2014, 20:12
“Years ago, my mother gave me a bullet…a bullet, and I put it in my breast pocket. Two years after that, I was walking down the street, when a berserk evangelist heaved a Gideon bible out a hotel room window, hitting me in the chest. Bible would have gone through my heart if it wasn’t for the bullet!” ~Woody Allen~ If anyone could use a bit of the Bible in his heart, Woody Allen seems like a good candidate. Too bad about that bullet.
Comment icon #16 Posted by pallidin on 26 February, 2014, 23:11
Well, great for them. Nice to hear stories like this.

5772012

Is the Voynich manuscript an elaborate hoax ?
9-25-2016
Cryptographers have been attempting to decipher the text's mysterious symbols and diagrams for decades.
Police in Russia 'arrest' activist robot
9-25-2016
Police officers attempted to handcuff the contraption while it was recording data about voter opinions.
Pluto may have an ocean over 100km deep
9-24-2016
Scientists believe that the dwarf planet's interior may be filled with large quantities of liquid water.
Scientists solve mystery of the singing fish
9-24-2016
Back in the 1980's, California houseboat residents had reported hearing a strange humming noise at night.
Crushing shoes
Posted 9-25-2016 | 0 comments
What happens when you crush shoes in a high-powered hydraulic press ?

Meet the human torch
Posted 9-24-2016 | 0 comments
Josef Toedtling from Austria has made a successful career out of setting himself on fire.

Real plutonium
Posted 9-23-2016 | 0 comments
A rare look at some of the different plutonium compounds stored at the National Nuclear Laboratory.

Cute but deadly
Posted 9-22-2016 | 4 comments
A look at some animals which might look cute but can still harm you if you aren't careful.

Cooking steak with lava
Posted 9-21-2016 | 1 comment
What happens when you try to cook a steak using a stream of molten hot magma ?

Red-faced monster
9-14-2016 | Lox Florida

Locked door
9-14-2016 | Ho Chi Minh city/Vietnam

The visit
9-9-2016 | West Palm Beach, Fl

Translucent silent UFO
9-9-2016 | Brisbane/Australia

Sleep paralysis and strange activity
9-1-2016 | Tarpon Springs, FL

Blackout? Possession?
9-1-2016 | Canada

Golden ring eyes
8-29-2016 | USA

Shared grief experience
8-29-2016 | Scotland, UK

Sleep paralysis and leaving body
8-29-2016 | California