Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Bus driver's life saved by pocket Bible

Posted on Tuesday, 25 February, 2014 | Comment icon 16 comments

The Bible seemed to have stopped the bullets. Image Credit: sxc.hu
Rickey Waggoner miraculously escaped death when his Bible stopped two bullets from penetrating his chest.
The 49-year-old Dayton bus driver had parked his bus due to a mechanical failure and had disembarked to assess the problem. As he was doing so, three teens approached and opened fire, hitting him twice in the chest.

Incredibly, a small Bible that Waggoner had been keeping in his pocket somehow stopped both bullets from penetrating his body and he went on to survive the ordeal relatively unscathed.

"I had a book in my pocket," he said during the 911 call. "At first I thought it went through. It just feels like I've been hit with a sledgehammer in the chest. And I've been cut on the arm."

Police are now attempting to track down the teenagers responsible for the attack.

Source: WCPO.com | Comments (16)

Tags: Bible, Bullets, Shooting

Comment icon #7 Posted by ancient astronaut on 25 February, 2014, 17:29
AHHHHHHHHHHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHDDDDDDDDDD IT's A Mirackle (In Jest)
Comment icon #8 Posted by Eldorado on 25 February, 2014, 17:57
wow lucky guy! oh wait not luck - divine intervention...yeah... I believe it was indeed divine intervention. Same thing happened to me with a freshly shoplifted purchased copy of Sports Illustrated Swimwear Edition I had stuffed up my pullover. The Goddesses therein protected me, I believe. Praise the Centrefold!
Comment icon #9 Posted by taniwha on 26 February, 2014, 0:55
Comment icon #10 Posted by kapow53 on 26 February, 2014, 3:35
This has God written all over it.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Queenregena on 26 February, 2014, 3:38
I'm from Dayton and thank god I got out!!!
Comment icon #12 Posted by AlienDan on 26 February, 2014, 6:08
So the same thing happens to a drunk with a flask in his pocket. PRAISE THE ALCOHOL GODS! It's a sign that we should all become drunks!
Comment icon #13 Posted by coldethyl on 26 February, 2014, 16:08
I like this story, it just makes me feel good.
Comment icon #14 Posted by pallidin on 26 February, 2014, 19:20
Must have been low mass .22's (don't know this for a fact)
Comment icon #15 Posted by Sundew on 26 February, 2014, 20:12
“Years ago, my mother gave me a bullet…a bullet, and I put it in my breast pocket. Two years after that, I was walking down the street, when a berserk evangelist heaved a Gideon bible out a hotel room window, hitting me in the chest. Bible would have gone through my heart if it wasn’t for the bullet!” ~Woody Allen~ If anyone could use a bit of the Bible in his heart, Woody Allen seems like a good candidate. Too bad about that bullet.
Comment icon #16 Posted by pallidin on 26 February, 2014, 23:11
Well, great for them. Nice to hear stories like this.

'Octopus city' found off coast of Australia
9-19-2017
Members of the gloomy octopus species have created their own underwater settlement dubbed 'Octlantis'.
60 ancient shipwrecks found in the Black Sea
9-19-2017
Marine archaeologists unexpectedly stumbled across a goldmine of shipwrecks during a recent expedition.
Italian supervolcano's magma source found
9-18-2017
Scientists have discovered evidence of a 'hot zone' feeding a supervolcano in southern Italy.
Three planets to hide behind the Moon today
9-18-2017
Venus, Mars and Mercury will all be temporarily disappearing behind the Moon over the next few hours.
Derren Brown and new age crystals
Posted 9-19-2017 | 0 comments
The psychological illusionist is joined by actor Martin Freeman for this remarkable trick.

I'll eat my hat
Posted 9-18-2017 | 0 comments
Where did the strange phrase 'I'll eat my hat' actually come from ?

Meet the microscopic life in your home
Posted 9-17-2017 | 0 comments
Think your home is free of meddlesome microscopic life forms ? Think again.

Are rats friends or foes ?
Posted 9-16-2017 | 3 comments
Rats are certainly not humanity's favorite animals, but just how bad are they really ?

How not to land a rocket booster
Posted 9-15-2017 | 0 comments
It took SpaceX more than a few tries to master the complicated landing process.

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland

Unexplained light flashes
8-30-2017 | Louisiana

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY