Friday, November 24, 2017

Bus driver's life saved by pocket Bible

Posted on Tuesday, 25 February, 2014 | Comment icon 16 comments

The Bible seemed to have stopped the bullets. Image Credit: sxc.hu
Rickey Waggoner miraculously escaped death when his Bible stopped two bullets from penetrating his chest.
The 49-year-old Dayton bus driver had parked his bus due to a mechanical failure and had disembarked to assess the problem. As he was doing so, three teens approached and opened fire, hitting him twice in the chest.

Incredibly, a small Bible that Waggoner had been keeping in his pocket somehow stopped both bullets from penetrating his body and he went on to survive the ordeal relatively unscathed.

"I had a book in my pocket," he said during the 911 call. "At first I thought it went through. It just feels like I've been hit with a sledgehammer in the chest. And I've been cut on the arm."

Police are now attempting to track down the teenagers responsible for the attack.

Source: WCPO.com | Comments (16)

Tags: Bible, Bullets, Shooting

Comment icon #7 Posted by ancient astronaut on 25 February, 2014, 17:29
AHHHHHHHHHHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHDDDDDDDDDD IT's A Mirackle (In Jest)
Comment icon #8 Posted by Eldorado on 25 February, 2014, 17:57
wow lucky guy! oh wait not luck - divine intervention...yeah... I believe it was indeed divine intervention. Same thing happened to me with a freshly shoplifted purchased copy of Sports Illustrated Swimwear Edition I had stuffed up my pullover. The Goddesses therein protected me, I believe. Praise the Centrefold!
Comment icon #9 Posted by taniwha on 26 February, 2014, 0:55
Comment icon #10 Posted by kapow53 on 26 February, 2014, 3:35
This has God written all over it.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Queenregena on 26 February, 2014, 3:38
I'm from Dayton and thank god I got out!!!
Comment icon #12 Posted by AlienDan on 26 February, 2014, 6:08
So the same thing happens to a drunk with a flask in his pocket. PRAISE THE ALCOHOL GODS! It's a sign that we should all become drunks!
Comment icon #13 Posted by coldethyl on 26 February, 2014, 16:08
I like this story, it just makes me feel good.
Comment icon #14 Posted by pallidin on 26 February, 2014, 19:20
Must have been low mass .22's (don't know this for a fact)
Comment icon #15 Posted by Sundew on 26 February, 2014, 20:12
“Years ago, my mother gave me a bullet…a bullet, and I put it in my breast pocket. Two years after that, I was walking down the street, when a berserk evangelist heaved a Gideon bible out a hotel room window, hitting me in the chest. Bible would have gone through my heart if it wasn’t for the bullet!” ~Woody Allen~ If anyone could use a bit of the Bible in his heart, Woody Allen seems like a good candidate. Too bad about that bullet.
Comment icon #16 Posted by pallidin on 26 February, 2014, 23:11
Well, great for them. Nice to hear stories like this.

Dolly the sheep had no health abnormalities
11-23-2017
A new study has indicated that the famous cloned sheep had not suffered from any abnormal health issues.
Mars liquid water discovery cast in to doubt
11-23-2017
Dark streaks on the Martian surface thought to be evidence of water may actually be little more than sand.
NASA reveals Cassini 'farewell Saturn' image
11-22-2017
A breathtaking mosaic of the iconic ringed gas giant has been put together by the Cassini mission team.
Mature white crocodile sighted in Australia
11-22-2017
Nicknamed Pearl, the reptile was seen swimming around in the Adelaide River near Darwin on Sunday.
The rainbow turkey
Posted 11-23-2017 | 1 comment
This turkey has gorgeous iridescent feathers but you won't be eating it for Thanksgiving.

What do we know of the giant squid ?
Posted 11-20-2017 | 1 comment
The giant squid is so elusive that it took until 2004 for someone to photograph a live specimen.

Slow motion katana slice
Posted 11-18-2017 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt to slice through a row of water bottles using a katana sword.

What happened to the Library of Alexandria ?
Posted 11-17-2017 | 5 comments
What really happened to the vast wealth of knowledge stored in the ancient library ?

World's largest sticker ball
Posted 11-14-2017 | 1 comment
This enormous ball of stickers contains somewhere in the region of 200,000 stickers.

Strange occurrences
11-15-2017 | Fife

Mysterious music box song
11-15-2017 | U.S.A

Haunted military house
10-23-2017 | New Zealand

Sleep paralysis or real encounter?
10-18-2017 | United Kingdom

Ghost playing with a balloon?
10-18-2017 | Australia