Monday, August 3, 2015   |   7,306 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

Bus driver's life saved by pocket Bible

Posted on Tuesday, 25 February, 2014 | Comment icon 16 comments

The Bible seemed to have stopped the bullets. Image Credit: sxc.hu
Rickey Waggoner miraculously escaped death when his Bible stopped two bullets from penetrating his chest.
The 49-year-old Dayton bus driver had parked his bus due to a mechanical failure and had disembarked to assess the problem. As he was doing so, three teens approached and opened fire, hitting him twice in the chest.

Incredibly, a small Bible that Waggoner had been keeping in his pocket somehow stopped both bullets from penetrating his body and he went on to survive the ordeal relatively unscathed.

"I had a book in my pocket," he said during the 911 call. "At first I thought it went through. It just feels like I've been hit with a sledgehammer in the chest. And I've been cut on the arm."

Police are now attempting to track down the teenagers responsible for the attack.

Source: WCPO.com | Comments (16)

Tags: Bible, Bullets, Shooting

Comment icon #7 Posted by ancient astronaut on 25 February, 2014, 17:29
AHHHHHHHHHHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHDDDDDDDDDD IT's A Mirackle (In Jest)
Comment icon #8 Posted by Eldorado on 25 February, 2014, 17:57
I believe it was indeed divine intervention. Same thing happened to me with a freshly [s]shoplifted[/s] purchased copy of Sports Illustrated Swimwear Edition I had stuffed up my pullover. The Goddesses therein protected me, I believe. Praise the Centrefold!
Comment icon #9 Posted by taniwha on 26 February, 2014, 0:55
“Years ago, my mother gave me a bullet…a bullet, and I put it in my breast pocket. Two years after that, I was walking down the street, when a berserk evangelist heaved a Gideon bible out a hotel room window, hitting me in the chest. Bible would have gone through my heart if it wasn’t for the bullet!” ~Woody Allen~
Comment icon #10 Posted by kapow53 on 26 February, 2014, 3:35
This has God written all over it.
Comment icon #11 Posted by Queenregena on 26 February, 2014, 3:38
I'm from Dayton and thank god I got out!!!
Comment icon #12 Posted by AlienDan on 26 February, 2014, 6:08
So the same thing happens to a drunk with a flask in his pocket. PRAISE THE ALCOHOL GODS! It's a sign that we should all become drunks!
Comment icon #13 Posted by coldethyl on 26 February, 2014, 16:08
I like this story, it just makes me feel good.
Comment icon #14 Posted by pallidin on 26 February, 2014, 19:20
Must have been low mass .22's (don't know this for a fact)
Comment icon #15 Posted by Sundew on 26 February, 2014, 20:12
If anyone could use a bit of the Bible in his heart, Woody Allen seems like a good candidate. Too bad about that bullet.
Comment icon #16 Posted by pallidin on 26 February, 2014, 23:11
Well, great for them. Nice to hear stories like this.

Something roaming in the woods
7-19-2015 | Salt Fork, Ohio

Strange growl
7-16-2015 | Yakima, WA

Loud screeching in the woods
7-10-2015 | Kansas, IL

Was she my spirit guide?
7-3-2015 | Ringgold, Georgia, USA

Floating above my bed
7-2-2015 | Brittany, France

The haunted Queenslander
7-2-2015 | Queensland, Australia

'IT' was there to take me!
7-2-2015 | Ringgold, Georgia, USA

My haunted basement apartment
7-1-2015 | Washington DC

Stange happenings one summer
6-23-2015 | Lynchburg, South Carolina

Soulmates in another life ?
6-11-2015 | Florida, United States