Wednesday, May 4, 2016   |   5,528 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

Pilot reports UFO sighting over Caloundra

Posted on Wednesday, 23 April, 2014 | Comment icon 58 comments

The object was observed over Australia. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A commercial pilot with more than 30 years of experience believes he witnessed something unusual.
The self-confessed skeptic had been looking up at the sky with his friends on Friday evening when they spotted two colored lights floating up in to the heavens.

Initially believing them to be Chinese lanterns, the pilot, who has withheld his name for privacy reasons, then spotted a third light that appeared to change direction on a whim before heading in the opposite direction.

Having taken several photographs, he later examined the lights on his computer only to discover that he could see what looked like wing tips and the outline of a mysterious aircraft.

"I have heard of and seen many, many things in my career and have flown all over the world... but nothing like this," he said. "I think it is fascinating and if there is some credibility to it... it has changed my mind that there could be something else out there."

A close-up photograph of the object can be viewed - here.

Source: Toowoomba Chronicle | Comments (58)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #49 Posted by DingoLingo on 26 April, 2014, 22:03
My computer had a crisis of faith and stopped believing it was a computer and became a desk weight instead.. so after talking to it I decided to let it become a paperweight and had to buy a new one..
Comment icon #50 Posted by sinewave on 26 April, 2014, 22:15
Congrats on the new hardware.
Comment icon #51 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:22
Well no wonder, you seem to be living proof that God has a sense of humour.
Comment icon #52 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:24
I have seen that when trying to look at bright objects without a filter, it looked rather familiar as soon as I saw it. And your explanation is? What aliens?? Gee, I must be psychic huh.
Comment icon #53 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:28
I could not get a look at it myself unfortunately, I live just behind the peak of a mountain, and by the time the moon was in my view it was just ordinary white again. Hopefully the next one will be more favourable to my location. Last one was a cracker though. Just quietly, I think this one is solved too.
Comment icon #54 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:34
You wanna explain how infallible pilots are to this guy? Or this one? - I do not think he made a mistake at all, I think he took a pic, impressed himself and posted it. As has been pointed out - he said three, not one, where are the other two?? And why does the blood moon offer a prosaic explanation that fits so neatly? And no flying saucers? What this? Chopped liver?
Comment icon #55 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:37
Cheers, is that a pic you took?
Comment icon #56 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:44
You have been led up the garden path mate - even the Moon does not exist
Comment icon #57 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 8:14
LOL, it's like starting out with I don't mean to offend, but......... Remote controlled by Bigfoot
Comment icon #58 Posted by Mangoze on 28 April, 2014, 12:42
Yes, with a Samsung Galaxy S4 active at full zoom from Shorncliffe.

Users online:
5,643,836
257,478
129,120
5,528

Ridiculously rare violet diamond unearthed
5-4-2016
An 'impossibly rare' violet diamond has been found within the depths of Australia’s remote Argyle mine.
Can a brain dead patient be brought back ?
5-4-2016
A groundbreaking new trial is aiming to find a way to regenerate the brains of clinically dead patients.
Three new Earth-sized planets discovered
5-3-2016
Astronomers have identified three new terrestrial worlds around a relatively close 'ultracool' star.
Scientists build the world's smallest engine
5-3-2016
University of Cambridge physicists have created an engine that is one million times smaller than an ant.
Inside a 6ft air balloon
Posted 5-4-2016 | 1 comment
The Slo Mo Guys record footage of what happens when the balloon you are inside pops.

Catching a mutated som in Chernobyl
Posted 5-3-2016 | 0 comments
Extreme angler Jeremy Wade ventures to Chernobyl to catch a rather unique specimen.

How does an owl fly so silently ?
Posted 5-2-2016 | 1 comment
Researchers record an owl in flight to determine how it flies without making a sound.

Collecting black mamba venom
Posted 5-1-2016 | 1 comment
Even a single bite from a black mamba delivers enough venom to kill up to twenty people.

A very satisfying video
Posted 4-30-2016 | 1 comment
A compilation of strange, yet extraordinarily satisfying videos of things being made.

Not in our jurisdiction

Christmas Day haunting
4-6-2016 | London, UK

The funeral director
3-30-2016 | Hebburn, England

A strange sighting in Spain
3-30-2016 | Albatera, Spain

Dust patterns on basement floor
3-27-2016 | Smithville, Texas