Sunday, July 23, 2017

Pilot reports UFO sighting over Caloundra

Posted on Wednesday, 23 April, 2014 | Comment icon 58 comments

The object was observed over Australia. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A commercial pilot with more than 30 years of experience believes he witnessed something unusual.
The self-confessed skeptic had been looking up at the sky with his friends on Friday evening when they spotted two colored lights floating up in to the heavens.

Initially believing them to be Chinese lanterns, the pilot, who has withheld his name for privacy reasons, then spotted a third light that appeared to change direction on a whim before heading in the opposite direction.

Having taken several photographs, he later examined the lights on his computer only to discover that he could see what looked like wing tips and the outline of a mysterious aircraft.

"I have heard of and seen many, many things in my career and have flown all over the world... but nothing like this," he said. "I think it is fascinating and if there is some credibility to it... it has changed my mind that there could be something else out there."

A close-up photograph of the object can be viewed - here.

Source: Toowoomba Chronicle | Comments (58)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #49 Posted by DingoLingo on 26 April, 2014, 22:03
Comment icon #50 Posted by sinewave on 26 April, 2014, 22:15
My computer had a crisis of faith and stopped believing it was a computer and became a desk weight instead.. so after talking to it I decided to let it become a paperweight and had to buy a new one.. Congrats on the new hardware.
Comment icon #51 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:22
I wouldn't disagree with that. Good to see you again Mr D. Well no wonder, you seem to be living proof that God has a sense of humour.
Comment icon #52 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:24
Yeh you sure cracked it there. I'm totally convinced now. I have seen that when trying to look at bright objects without a filter, it looked rather familiar as soon as I saw it. And your explanation is? What aliens?? Gee, I must be psychic huh.
Comment icon #53 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:28
A lot like his picture I strongly suspect, well spotted psyche101, I think you've cracked it. The 'blood moon' started on the 14th/15th and lasted for 4 days. He said he saw and photographed this on Friday, the Friday before the date of the article, the 23rd, was the 18th so it falls within the 4 day 'blood moon' period. He also states he saw 3 objects, so why aren't there any pictures with more than 1 object in the frame? From this: http://earthsky.org/...ipses-2014-2015 This: A lunar tetrad four total lunar eclipses in a row begins on the night of April 14-15. People are calling it a Bl... [More]
Comment icon #54 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:34
First... as has been proven time and again; there is no such thing as "flying saucers". So, this supposedly anomalous "light" could be anything, literally. The fact that the person making this report is a pilot with 30 years of experience, really means nothing. How experienced is he in interpreting atmospheric phenomena (temperature inversion refraction), or similar events. It could be a bird, a swarm of insects, military aircraft or, as has been so astutely adjudged, the moon. I suspect this person had imbibed alcohol within the 24-hour period prior to this "sighting". You wanna explain how i... [More]
Comment icon #55 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:37
I was wondering if it could have been connected in some way to the Brisbane to Gladstone Yacht Race. I like your thinking http://www.image-sha...pg-2529-78.html Cheers, is that a pic you took?
Comment icon #56 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:44
It's a weather balloon filled with swamp gas that got struck by ball lightening which ignited the swamp gas giving it the glowing affect. You have been led up the garden path mate - even the Moon does not exist Check this link out LOL
Comment icon #57 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 8:14
Whenever I see "self confessed skeptic" I know a truckload of BS is on the way. LOL, it's like starting out with I don't mean to offend, but......... It's a weather balloon filled with swamp gas that got struck by ball lightening which ignited the swamp gas giving it the glowing affect. Remote controlled by Bigfoot
Comment icon #58 Posted by Mangoze on 28 April, 2014, 12:42
Cheers, is that a pic you took? Yes, with a Samsung Galaxy S4 active at full zoom from Shorncliffe.

Public names locomotive 'Trainy McTrainface'
7-23-2017
A recent poll in Sweden has shown, once again, why asking the public to name anything is a bad idea.
Did sea creatures push US in to Vietnam War ?
7-22-2017
Back in 1964, the Gulf of Tonkin incident resulted in a renewed commitment to war with Vietnam.
Scientist has 'solved' the Bermuda Triangle
7-22-2017
Dr Karl Kruszelnicki maintains that the answer to the mystery lies in little more than basic human error.
Scientists develop bizarre worm-like robot
7-22-2017
Stanford University researchers have built a robot that can literally worm its way around anything.
Stretchy batteries
Posted 7-23-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists have come up with a way to make batteries and their cases stretchy.

Counting to one billion
Posted 7-22-2017 | 1 comment

Dolphins beach themselves to catch fish
Posted 7-21-2017 | 0 comments

Do not microwave an airbag
Posted 7-20-2017 | 2 comments
The Slo Mo Guys capture what happens when you put an airbag in a microwave.

How do fireworks get their colors ?
Posted 7-19-2017 | 0 comments
Fireworks are well known for their colorful explosions, but where do the colors come from ?

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI