Thursday, June 29, 2017

Pilot reports UFO sighting over Caloundra

Posted on Wednesday, 23 April, 2014 | Comment icon 58 comments

The object was observed over Australia. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A commercial pilot with more than 30 years of experience believes he witnessed something unusual.
The self-confessed skeptic had been looking up at the sky with his friends on Friday evening when they spotted two colored lights floating up in to the heavens.

Initially believing them to be Chinese lanterns, the pilot, who has withheld his name for privacy reasons, then spotted a third light that appeared to change direction on a whim before heading in the opposite direction.

Having taken several photographs, he later examined the lights on his computer only to discover that he could see what looked like wing tips and the outline of a mysterious aircraft.

"I have heard of and seen many, many things in my career and have flown all over the world... but nothing like this," he said. "I think it is fascinating and if there is some credibility to it... it has changed my mind that there could be something else out there."

A close-up photograph of the object can be viewed - here.

Source: Toowoomba Chronicle | Comments (58)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #49 Posted by DingoLingo on 26 April, 2014, 22:03
Comment icon #50 Posted by sinewave on 26 April, 2014, 22:15
My computer had a crisis of faith and stopped believing it was a computer and became a desk weight instead.. so after talking to it I decided to let it become a paperweight and had to buy a new one.. Congrats on the new hardware.
Comment icon #51 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:22
I wouldn't disagree with that. Good to see you again Mr D. Well no wonder, you seem to be living proof that God has a sense of humour.
Comment icon #52 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:24
Yeh you sure cracked it there. I'm totally convinced now. I have seen that when trying to look at bright objects without a filter, it looked rather familiar as soon as I saw it. And your explanation is? What aliens?? Gee, I must be psychic huh.
Comment icon #53 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:28
A lot like his picture I strongly suspect, well spotted psyche101, I think you've cracked it. The 'blood moon' started on the 14th/15th and lasted for 4 days. He said he saw and photographed this on Friday, the Friday before the date of the article, the 23rd, was the 18th so it falls within the 4 day 'blood moon' period. He also states he saw 3 objects, so why aren't there any pictures with more than 1 object in the frame? From this: http://earthsky.org/...ipses-2014-2015 This: A lunar tetrad four total lunar eclipses in a row begins on the night of April 14-15. People are calling it a Bl... [More]
Comment icon #54 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:34
First... as has been proven time and again; there is no such thing as "flying saucers". So, this supposedly anomalous "light" could be anything, literally. The fact that the person making this report is a pilot with 30 years of experience, really means nothing. How experienced is he in interpreting atmospheric phenomena (temperature inversion refraction), or similar events. It could be a bird, a swarm of insects, military aircraft or, as has been so astutely adjudged, the moon. I suspect this person had imbibed alcohol within the 24-hour period prior to this "sighting". You wanna explain how i... [More]
Comment icon #55 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:37
I was wondering if it could have been connected in some way to the Brisbane to Gladstone Yacht Race. I like your thinking http://www.image-sha...pg-2529-78.html Cheers, is that a pic you took?
Comment icon #56 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:44
It's a weather balloon filled with swamp gas that got struck by ball lightening which ignited the swamp gas giving it the glowing affect. You have been led up the garden path mate - even the Moon does not exist Check this link out LOL
Comment icon #57 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 8:14
Whenever I see "self confessed skeptic" I know a truckload of BS is on the way. LOL, it's like starting out with I don't mean to offend, but......... It's a weather balloon filled with swamp gas that got struck by ball lightening which ignited the swamp gas giving it the glowing affect. Remote controlled by Bigfoot
Comment icon #58 Posted by Mangoze on 28 April, 2014, 12:42
Cheers, is that a pic you took? Yes, with a Samsung Galaxy S4 active at full zoom from Shorncliffe.

Boaty McBoatface collects 'unprecedented data'
6-29-2017
The world's most famous unmanned submersible has made a triumphant return from its maiden voyage.
Orbiting supermassive black holes discovered
6-28-2017
For the first time ever, scientists have observed two supermassive black holes orbiting one another.
British nanny changes name to Mary Poppins
6-28-2017
Mary Poppins fan Emma Davenport was so fond of the character that she decided to actually become her.
'Willy Wonka' elevator has become a reality
6-28-2017
German company ThyssenKrupp has developed an elevator that can go horizontally as well as vertically.
Real-life iceman
Posted 6-29-2017 | 0 comments
Wim Hof's extreme resistance to the cold has baffled scientists for years.

20 years of Mars exploration
Posted 6-28-2017 | 1 comment
A look back at NASA's robotic exploration of the Red Planet over the last two decades.

Can you remember this ?
Posted 6-27-2017 | 0 comments
A look at the surprisingly common psychological phenomenon of false memories.

Spider shoots 25-meter web
Posted 6-26-2017 | 0 comments
The Darwin's Bark Spider is a real-life spiderwoman with a gigantic river-spanning web.

Longest marble run
Posted 6-25-2017 | 2 comments
This record-breaking marble run in Elgg, Switzerland stretched 1,918.12 meters through the town.

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama

Is my child predicting our death ?
6-27-2017 | Lincoln Park, MI

Craig is here
6-10-2017 | Phoenix AZ

We saw the same thing!
6-10-2017 | Pooler, GA

Three female faces
6-5-2017 | Illinois (IL)

Encounter at 3:33 AM
6-5-2017 | Budapest

Trade school terror
5-26-2017 | Cedro woolley, Wa.