Sunday, December 28, 2014   |   3,954 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

Pilot reports UFO sighting over Caloundra

Posted on Wednesday, 23 April, 2014 | Comment icon 58 comments

The object was observed over Australia. Image Credit: sxc.hu

A commercial pilot with more than 30 years of experience believes he witnessed something unusual.

The self-confessed skeptic had been looking up at the sky with his friends on Friday evening when they spotted two colored lights floating up in to the heavens.

Initially believing them to be Chinese lanterns, the pilot, who has withheld his name for privacy reasons, then spotted a third light that appeared to change direction on a whim before heading in the opposite direction.

Having taken several photographs, he later examined the lights on his computer only to discover that he could see what looked like wing tips and the outline of a mysterious aircraft.

"I have heard of and seen many, many things in my career and have flown all over the world... but nothing like this," he said. "I think it is fascinating and if there is some credibility to it... it has changed my mind that there could be something else out there."

A close-up photograph of the object can be viewed - here.

Source: Toowoomba Chronicle | Comments (58)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #49 Posted by DingoLingo on 26 April, 2014, 22:03
My computer had a crisis of faith and stopped believing it was a computer and became a desk weight instead.. so after talking to it I decided to let it become a paperweight and had to buy a new one..
Comment icon #50 Posted by sinewave on 26 April, 2014, 22:15
Congrats on the new hardware.
Comment icon #51 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:22
Well no wonder, you seem to be living proof that God has a sense of humour.
Comment icon #52 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:24
I have seen that when trying to look at bright objects without a filter, it looked rather familiar as soon as I saw it. And your explanation is? What aliens?? Gee, I must be psychic huh.
Comment icon #53 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:28
I could not get a look at it myself unfortunately, I live just behind the peak of a mountain, and by the time the moon was in my view it was just ordinary white again. Hopefully the next one will be more favourable to my location. Last one was a cracker though. Just quietly, I think this one is solved too.
Comment icon #54 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:34
You wanna explain how infallible pilots are to this guy? Or this one? - I do not think he made a mistake at all, I think he took a pic, impressed himself and posted it. As has been pointed out - he said three, not one, where are the other two?? And why does the blood moon offer a prosaic explanation that fits so neatly? And no flying saucers? What this? Chopped liver?
Comment icon #55 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:37
Cheers, is that a pic you took?
Comment icon #56 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:44
You have been led up the garden path mate - even the Moon does not exist
Comment icon #57 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 8:14
LOL, it's like starting out with I don't mean to offend, but......... Remote controlled by Bigfoot
Comment icon #58 Posted by Mangoze on 28 April, 2014, 12:42
Yes, with a Samsung Galaxy S4 active at full zoom from Shorncliffe.

A Connecticut haunting
12-15-2014 | New Milford, Connecticut

Luminous UFO in Scotland.
12-2-2014 | Black Loch, Limerigg, Scotland