Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Pilot reports UFO sighting over Caloundra

Posted on Wednesday, 23 April, 2014 | Comment icon 58 comments

The object was observed over Australia. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A commercial pilot with more than 30 years of experience believes he witnessed something unusual.
The self-confessed skeptic had been looking up at the sky with his friends on Friday evening when they spotted two colored lights floating up in to the heavens.

Initially believing them to be Chinese lanterns, the pilot, who has withheld his name for privacy reasons, then spotted a third light that appeared to change direction on a whim before heading in the opposite direction.

Having taken several photographs, he later examined the lights on his computer only to discover that he could see what looked like wing tips and the outline of a mysterious aircraft.

"I have heard of and seen many, many things in my career and have flown all over the world... but nothing like this," he said. "I think it is fascinating and if there is some credibility to it... it has changed my mind that there could be something else out there."

A close-up photograph of the object can be viewed - here.

Source: Toowoomba Chronicle | Comments (58)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #49 Posted by DingoLingo on 26 April, 2014, 22:03
My computer had a crisis of faith and stopped believing it was a computer and became a desk weight instead.. so after talking to it I decided to let it become a paperweight and had to buy a new one..
Comment icon #50 Posted by sinewave on 26 April, 2014, 22:15
Congrats on the new hardware.
Comment icon #51 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:22
Well no wonder, you seem to be living proof that God has a sense of humour.
Comment icon #52 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:24
I have seen that when trying to look at bright objects without a filter, it looked rather familiar as soon as I saw it. And your explanation is? What aliens?? Gee, I must be psychic huh.
Comment icon #53 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:28
I could not get a look at it myself unfortunately, I live just behind the peak of a mountain, and by the time the moon was in my view it was just ordinary white again. Hopefully the next one will be more favourable to my location. Last one was a cracker though. Just quietly, I think this one is solved too.
Comment icon #54 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:34
You wanna explain how infallible pilots are to this guy? Or this one? - I do not think he made a mistake at all, I think he took a pic, impressed himself and posted it. As has been pointed out - he said three, not one, where are the other two?? And why does the blood moon offer a prosaic explanation that fits so neatly? And no flying saucers? What this? Chopped liver?
Comment icon #55 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:37
Cheers, is that a pic you took?
Comment icon #56 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 7:44
You have been led up the garden path mate - even the Moon does not exist
Comment icon #57 Posted by psyche101 on 28 April, 2014, 8:14
LOL, it's like starting out with I don't mean to offend, but......... Remote controlled by Bigfoot
Comment icon #58 Posted by Mangoze on 28 April, 2014, 12:42
Yes, with a Samsung Galaxy S4 active at full zoom from Shorncliffe.

Australian town is invaded by 100,000 bats
5-24-2016
Batemans Bay in New South Wales has become so overrun that a state of emergency has been declared.
Warning goes out over 'vampire fish' in UK
5-24-2016
Swimmers have been urged to be on the lookout due to a rise in the number of blood-sucking sea lampreys.
Are there trillions of alien civilizations ?
5-22-2016
A new study has suggested that the universe is likely to be teeming with extraterrestrial life forms.
Man-eating Nile crocodiles found in Florida
5-22-2016
Using DNA testing, scientists have identified at least three of the deadly reptiles in Florida's swamps.
What happened before the Big Bang ?
Posted 5-22-2016 | 4 comments
Is it possible to find out what took place before our universe came in to existence ?

Prehistoric creatures that still exist
Posted 5-21-2016 | 1 comment
A look at some remarkable animal species that have survived for millions of years.

Why do we have 10 fingers and 10 toes ?
Posted 5-20-2016 | 2 comments
What is the reason that we happen to have exactly 10 fingers and toes ? Why that number ?

Talking tapes
Posted 5-19-2016 | 1 comment
Tim demonstrates a unique form of audio recording which uses ridged strips of plastic.

Building a popcorn machine
Posted 5-18-2016 | 1 comment
Adam Savage and Simone Giertz build a novel hands-free device for eating popcorn.

Not in our jurisdiction

Christmas Day haunting
4-6-2016 | London, UK

The funeral director
3-30-2016 | Hebburn, England

A strange sighting in Spain
3-30-2016 | Albatera, Spain

Dust patterns on basement floor
3-27-2016 | Smithville, Texas