Monday, February 27, 2017

'Bigfoot' filmed in Norwegian meadow

Posted on Sunday, 25 May, 2014 | Comment icon 65 comments

The dark-haired creature can be seen standing up and walking away. Image Credit: YouTube / MicroRT55
A somewhat unconvincing video of an alleged hominid ape creature in Norway has appeared on YouTube.
The video, which was uploaded by user "MicroRT55", has been met with a significant degree of skepticism since first appearing online.

The footage begins with a view over a meadow of tall grass and flowers when a large hairy bipedal creature suddenly stands up in the background. Without even looking towards the cameraman, the figure then turns and walks off slowly towards the right until it disappears from view.

Sightings and reports of Bigfoot tend to originate mostly in North America and Canada so the fact that this footage is from Norway makes it somewhat unusual, however this point is likely to be irrelevant given that the video is almost certainly a hoax featuring someone wearing an ape suit.

"I thought it was a bear," the uploader wrote. "I was hunting in the Woods. But then I saw this thing."

Source: Metro | Comments (65)

Tags: Bigfoot, Norway

Comment icon #56 Posted by regeneratia on 11 June, 2014, 22:33
People lie for personal gain all of the time. I just don't understand the person who wants to hoax. It i s a clear manifestation of wetiko, IMHO.
Comment icon #57 Posted by sinewave on 11 June, 2014, 22:55
I just don't understand the person who wants to hoax. It i s a clear manifestation of wetiko, IMHO. Nor do I.
Comment icon #58 Posted by QuiteContrary on 11 June, 2014, 23:12
I have to believe that some silly video crapola is just a pastime thing. We did all kinds of stuff for the heck of it too, just for fun, just because we could, just for something to do. But my generation didn't have the same opportunities to share it with the public. Had we, I'm sure we'd have as well but not necessarily always for fame. I remember, decades ago, making a "Mr. Bill" movie with a friend. OMG we had the craziest and best time ever. Surprised we didn't get arrested. Poor Mr. Bill... But only about 20 people ever saw it. And as for those in my generation still shooting silly shtuff... [More]
Comment icon #59 Posted by regeneratia on 11 June, 2014, 23:13
Nor do I. Good. I have to believe that some of this is just a 'something to do' thing. We did all kinds of stuff for the heck of it too, just for fun, just because we could, just for something to do. But my generation didn't have the same opportunities to share it with the public. Had we, I'm sure we'd have as well. Just for something to do not about fame or anything else. I remember, decades ago, making a "Mr. Bill" movie with a friend. OMG we had the craziest and best time ever. Surprised we didn't get arrested. Poor Mr. Bill... But only about 20 people ever saw it. And as for those in my ge... [More]
Comment icon #60 Posted by QuiteContrary on 11 June, 2014, 23:35
And I am actually more interested in (the "Why?") those who believe the videos are of real events or creatures than I am interested in (the Why?) those who make them.
Comment icon #61 Posted by DieChecker on 12 June, 2014, 4:59
I have to believe that some silly video crapola is just a pastime thing. Go to youtube and type in "Butchy Kid". You'll see a recreational bigfoot video extravaganza.
Comment icon #62 Posted by Martin0315 on 12 June, 2014, 5:03
My guess: Just another in the seemingly endless stream of hoaxed Bigfoot videos.
Comment icon #63 Posted by QuiteContrary on 12 June, 2014, 5:19
Go to youtube and type in "Butchy Kid". You'll see a recreational bigfoot video extravaganza. That's okay, DC, I've seen a few which was too many...I don't care much about the creators it's the believers I wonder about. Too much of this junk isn't funny to anyone but those who make it.
Comment icon #64 Posted by TheGreatBeliever on 19 June, 2014, 10:24
So human the way it walked
Comment icon #65 Posted by jawjalou on 24 June, 2014, 19:16
Yeah that's BS. LOL.

Half of all species could disappear by 2100
2-27-2017
Biologists have warned that up to a half of all species could be wiped out by the end of the century.
Hot springs holds 'hair freezing' competition
2-26-2017
Every year, visitors to the Takhini Hot Springs in Yukon are challenged to freeze their hair and brows.
Pollution can outweigh benefits of exercise
2-26-2017
In some of the world's most polluted cities, exercising outside can actually do more harm than good.
Group of kids scared by 'goblin' in Argentina
2-26-2017
Bizarre footage posted online recently shows a mysterious assailant crawling towards some youths.
Featured book

By Guy Lyon Playfair
A look at the story of Peggy Hodgson and her four children who, between 1977 and 1979, were at the center of one of the most terrifying poltergeist cases ever documented.
A look at the world's biggest spider
Posted 2-27-2017 | 1 comment
Jules Sylvester has a close-up look at the truly gargantuan goliath bird-eating spider.

Exploding batteries in slow motion
Posted 2-26-2017 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys return, this time with a slow motion recording of exploding batteries.

Crushing cans
Posted 2-25-2017 | 3 comments
Muhammad Rashid from Pakistan crushes 77 cans with his elbow within one minute.

Is time real ?
Posted 2-24-2017 | 0 comments
Bill Nye talks about the concept of time and how our subjective perceptions of it can change.

Is it possible to re-freeze the Arctic ?
Posted 2-23-2017 | 1 comment
Scientists have proposed a rather unorthodox solution to the problems caused by climate change.

Saved by a stranger

1-6-2017 | Southern California

Floating tiles
1-6-2017 | Chewelah, Washington

A haunting in Northern California
12-28-2016 | Northern California

Strange creature in South Africa
12-28-2016 | South Africa, Hoedspruit.