Sunday, April 23, 2017

Stabilized Patterson Bigfoot footage revealed

Posted on Monday, 30 June, 2014 | Comment icon 105 comments

Special software was used to stabilize the video. Image Credit: YouTube / M.K. Davis
The most stable ever version of the infamous Patterson Bigfoot video has been released on YouTube.
The original footage was recorded in 1967 by Roger Patterson who, along with his friend Bob Gimlin, had been out in the woods near Bluff Creek to the north of Orleans in California.

As they rounded a corner they caught site of a strange creature crouched down a short distance away. When it stood up they noted that it appeared to be a tall bipedal ape-like hominid covered in dark hair.

Patterson quickly retrieved his camera from his pack and started to film the creature as it walked away. The 'Bigfoot' famously glanced back at the men before disappearing in to the trees, seemingly unmoved by their presence.

The resulting video is perhaps the single most famous piece of cryptozoological evidence ever recorded and would go on to spark controversy and debate for decades. While many believe that the video is nothing more than a clever hoax, there are still some who believe to this day that it is genuine.

This latest release of the footage, which has been carefully stabilized by M.K. Davis, provides the clearest view yet of the creature encountered by the two men almost 50 years ago.

Source: YouTube | Comments (105)

Tags: Bigfoot, Patterson

Comment icon #96 Posted by Rafterman on 30 July, 2014, 18:23
It all sounds good, except for the Hollywood set director - or whatever he was (some dude into costumes for Hollywood movies) who said that such stretch costumes did not exist in those days and Patterson really could have made his fortune making such costumes, this one was so good. I really don't understand how folks can say that considering that the original Planet of the Apes and 2001 A Space Odyssey were of that same era of Hollywood costume making.
Comment icon #97 Posted by MysticStrummer on 30 July, 2014, 21:45
That explains why bigfoot sightings are so rare. They dress up in human suits to blend in.
Comment icon #98 Posted by Sakari on 30 July, 2014, 23:05
I really don't understand how folks can say that considering that the original Planet of the Apes and 2001 A Space Odyssey were of that same era of Hollywood costume making. Because Bigfoot believers will state anything as fact to make a case.
Comment icon #99 Posted by JedI734 on 31 July, 2014, 9:06
I apologize if this has been posted, Its a bit late and I didnt feel like reading the entire thread. Just thought id add it to the conversation, I opened you tube up and there it was. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbcC5xGPb6Y
Comment icon #100 Posted by Sakari on 31 July, 2014, 15:56
I apologize if this has been posted, Its a bit late and I didnt feel like reading the entire thread. Just thought id add it to the conversation, I opened you tube up and there it was. https://www.youtube....h?v=gbcC5xGPb6Y Has nothing to do with Pattersons... And, it is a College Film Students Hoax.
Comment icon #101 Posted by JedI734 on 31 July, 2014, 21:52
Has nothing to do with Pattersons... And, it is a College Film Students Hoax. Obviously has nothing to do with the patterson film but if we are discussing bigfoot footage this one looks better than the patterson one to me, hoax or not.
Comment icon #102 Posted by Sakari on 31 July, 2014, 22:02
Obviously has nothing to do with the patterson film but if we are discussing bigfoot footage this one looks better than the patterson one to me, hoax or not. We are not discussing bigfoot footage...The title is : Stabilized Patterson Bigfoot footage revealed You may want to start a new topic with the video you posted. Might get more discussion that way. And, welcome to UM.
Comment icon #103 Posted by lancimouspitt on 31 July, 2014, 22:43
I would really like to believe in Bigfoot but at the end of the day it seems like a camp fire hobby,giving middle to upper class men with a disposable income a good excuse to go out in the woods at night (or whenever) with lots of expensive gear. It seems to me at one time (if you believe all the old stories) perhaps there where creatures like Bigfoots out there and early explores may have had encounters with them. As for Hollywood Stan Winston said it was a guy in a suit. Others say no way.
Comment icon #104 Posted by JedI734 on 1 August, 2014, 1:04
We are not discussing bigfoot footage...The title is : Stabilized Patterson Bigfoot footage revealed You may want to start a new topic with the video you posted. Might get more discussion that way. And, welcome to UM. I read enough of the thread earlier in the night to get the gist of the topic. Thats why the video caught my eye when I opened you tube. I really figured after 7 pages you guys were running out of steam and was curious what everyone thought of this video. No need for me to make another thread, Big foot isnt a great interest of mine.
Comment icon #105 Posted by Sakari on 1 August, 2014, 2:00
I read enough of the thread earlier in the night to get the gist of the topic. Thats why the video caught my eye when I opened you tube. I really figured after 7 pages you guys were running out of steam and was curious what everyone thought of this video. No need for me to make another thread, Big foot isnt a great interest of mine. Not just 7 pages, but about 10 years of a broken record

Fossilized dinosaur eggs unearthed in China
4-23-2017
Discovered near Foshan in the southeast of the country, the eggs date back over 70 million years.
'Most Haunted' crew films 'ghost' in old house
4-22-2017
The footage shows a shadowy figure walking up a staircase in a stately home in Rotherham, England.
Mystery haul of gold coins found inside piano
4-22-2017
The treasure trove was found in Shropshire, England inside an old school piano that was being retuned.
'Hobbits' much older than previously thought
4-21-2017
Scientists have revealed that Homo floresiensis is actually one of the earliest known forms of human.
The human bridge of musicality
Posted 4-22-2017 | 0 comments
A look at how the human brain perceives the concept of music and how it is processed.

Swarm of locusts
Posted 4-21-2017 | 0 comments
A look at the extreme destructive power of an enormous swarm of desert locusts.

Lawrence Krauss on optimism
Posted 4-20-2017 | 0 comments
Physicist Lawrence Krauss discusses the fact that the universe doesn't care about us at all.

A whale of a time capsule
Posted 4-19-2017 | 1 comment
Researchers investigate old newspapers used in a 1930s museum display of a blue whale.

Can space junk kill you ?
Posted 4-18-2017 | 0 comments
With so much junk floating around in orbit, how likely is it to actually kill you ?

Grandpa's visit
4-14-2017 | Portugal

Mysterious dog
4-14-2017 | Utah

A night to remember
4-14-2017 | Philippines

Am I going crazy ?
3-30-2017 | South Africa

Sleep paralysis or my father ?
3-30-2017 | Los Angeles