Thursday, August 17, 2017

Man pushes sprout up mountain with his nose

Posted on Thursday, 31 July, 2014 | Comment icon 20 comments

Kettell preparing for his attempt. Image Credit: YouTube / willthemadfoolmakeit
Stuart Kettell is attempting to ascend Snowdon in Wales while pushing the vegetable using his face.
The bizarre stunt, which is being undertaken to help raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support, will see the 49-year-old spend at least four days lying on his belly as he attempts to nudge the sprout up the side of the mountain using nothing but his nose.

Kettell, who is from the West Midlands, set off yesterday at 7am on his grueling mission to ascend more than 3,500ft to the summit.

The attempt follows several other peculiar stunts that he has undertaken to raise money for charity including spending a week inside a box, walking along every street in Coventry on stilts and running inside a giant hamster wheel.

"The first day had been gruelling for Stuart," said Richard Crump who is filming Kettell's ascent. "He has no skin on his knees, his neck is hurting and his neck is really tired. But he is still going."

Source: BBC News | Comments (20)

Tags: Stuart Kettell, Sprout, Snowdon

Comment icon #11 Posted by Scorpius on 31 July, 2014, 13:56
I suggest people watch "Forks Over Knives". There are natural ways to deal with cancer, based on this documentary. It is found on the Canadian Netflix. http://www.forksoverknives.com/
Comment icon #12 Posted by paperdyer on 31 July, 2014, 13:59
This guy needs to be applauded. I know I wouldn't have done this for charity. But on a humorous note, was the Green Giant consulted before "Sprout" was rolled up hill? It could injure his son. (For those of you old enough to remember the commercials)
Comment icon #13 Posted by OverSword on 31 July, 2014, 15:02
It's too early. I read that a man is pushing a sprout up his nose.
Comment icon #14 Posted by Still Waters on 31 July, 2014, 15:41
It could be he chose such a bizarre thing to do in the hope of attracting more publicity and potential donations for the charity. Who cares really what he does, it's the end result that counts so good luck to him. I've walked up Mount Snowdon, it's quite a hike in parts so he has taken on a difficult challenge in more ways than one.
Comment icon #15 Posted by 95-Nasty on 31 July, 2014, 15:53
Well done to him and good luck, but what happens if it cant control it and it falls/ rolls back to the bottom of the mountain?
Comment icon #16 Posted by Sundew on 31 July, 2014, 16:17
Cue Styx: "Too much time on my hands, it's ticking away with my sanity..."
Comment icon #17 Posted by DieChecker on 31 July, 2014, 19:11
My first thought was, like his friend said, the sprout will fall apart really quickly. He should have chosen something more hardy, like an artichoke. or a pineapple. I also thought to myself, "Oh, another crazy Welshman", but then they said he was actually an Englishman.
Comment icon #18 Posted by Calibeliever on 31 July, 2014, 19:34
Well, it made the news ....
Comment icon #19 Posted by dharma warrior on 31 July, 2014, 20:50
Once I pushed a sprout up my nose and no one cared
Comment icon #20 Posted by Still Waters on 2 August, 2014, 14:00
Update - A man has completed his challenge to push a Brussels sprout up Snowdon using his nose.Stuart Kettell, from Balsall Common in the West Midlands, started out on Wednesday and reached the 1,085m (3,560ft) summit in three days. His aim was to collect at least 5,000 in sponsorship for Macmillan Cancer Support, but does not yet know how much he has raised. http://www.bbc.co.uk...kshire-28621775 Good for him, I say

Insect burgers to go on sale in Switzerland
8-16-2017
Insect-based edibles are beginning to appear in shops after a recent revision of food safety laws.
Firm set to put a cellphone tower on the Moon
8-16-2017
A German startup is aiming to land rovers on the Moon that will communicate using cellphone technology.
'Frankenstein dinosaur' is 'missing link'
8-16-2017
The mystery surrounding a dinosaur made up of various mismatched body parts has finally been solved.
Dog turns blue due to polluted Indian River
8-15-2017
Untreated industrial waste in Mumbai's Kasadi river has been turning dogs a rather peculiar color.
Animal symbiotic relationships
Posted 8-16-2017 | 2 comments
A look at some of the animal species that rely on one another to survive.

How much of the Earth can be seen at once ?
Posted 8-15-2017 | 0 comments
What is the maximum amount of our planet that you can see from any given point ?

Will batteries power the world ?
Posted 8-14-2017 | 0 comments
Is there a limit to how small and light a rechargeable lithium-ion battery can be ?

Hoia-Baciu - the world's most haunted forest
Posted 8-13-2017 | 0 comments
A look at an area of forest that some people describe as Romania's own 'Bermuda Triangle'.

Can Derren Brown fool a psychologist ?
Posted 8-12-2017 | 2 comments
Psychological illusionist Derren Brown takes on a professional in the field.

Ghost experiences ?
8-11-2017 | United States

My real, true experiences
7-26-2017 | New Zealand

Incoming call
7-26-2017 | B.T. Collins Park: Folsom, CA

Three knocks woke me up twice
7-26-2017 | Virginia

Spider signs
7-21-2017 | Michigan

My ancestry is calling me
7-21-2017 | Morgan Hill, Ca

I can hear someone
6-27-2017 | Maryland

My dead father spoke to me
6-27-2017 | Alabama