Thursday, March 4, 2021

Japan's defense minister comments on UFOs

Posted on Monday, 6 April, 2015 | Comment icon 112 comments

Japan's government appears to take the subject of UFOs seriously. Image Credit: DoD
Gen Nakatani responded to questions about the UFO phenomena during a meeting last week.
The defense minister maintained that Japan's airspace had never been breached by visitors from space but insisted that the country's warplanes would be ready to scramble on a moment's notice to intercept any would-be invaders.

Nakatani's comments were offered in response to a question by wrestler-turned-lawmaker Antonio Inoki who had queried whether aircraft were ever dispatched to intercept UFOs and if Japan was conducting studies in to the phenomenon.

"When the Air Self Defense Force detects indications of an unidentified flying object that could violate our countryís airspace, it scrambles fighter jets if necessary and makes visual observation," said Nakatini during a meeting of the Upper House Budget Committee.
"They sometimes find birds or flying objects other than aircraft but I donít know of a case of finding an unidentified flying object believed to have come over from anywhere other than Earth."

His comments follow a previous statement by the Japanese government in 2007 indicating that Japan had never picked up any evidence of UFOs originating from outside of our own planet.

Despite this however some of Japan's high-ranking officials do believe that alien life exists.

Chief cabinet secretary Nobutaka Machimura declared at the time that he "absolutely believed" in the existence of extraterrestrial life while former defense minister Shigeru Ishiba put forward his view that there were "no grounds" to deny that some UFOs were under alien control.

Source: Japan Times | Comments (112)

Tags: Japan, UFO

Comment icon #103 Posted by psyche101 on 10 April, 2015, 1:13
I actually never have but still take your pick. We've got awesome machines too. I first wondered way back in the 70's when I saw Skywalker's landspeeder. But often when watching Top Gear, or just driving at night glancing at the moon although I probably should not do that, but I dabbled in drag racing a bit in my younger days and use it as an analogy when people use the old "one hundred years ago, a car was hard to believe, now we have rocketships going to the moon" argument. There is a line, we can only go so far. I have also wondered if other species might have taken different approaches to ... [More]
Comment icon #104 Posted by F3SS on 10 April, 2015, 1:26
What other approach to roads could you imagine?
Comment icon #105 Posted by psyche101 on 10 April, 2015, 1:26
I'm not saying they are all ligit. And I have no idea about basically anything else you said here. I can't see how any are legit, there are some very wild stories coming out of Russian "sources" and dime a dozen. What I was illustrating is how UFOlogy takes a story and insists it is a UFO story whether it is or not, and much of the Russian claims (that I am aware of) have come from Kazakhstan over the last few years, unsurprising having a well used launch pad there. I have actually seen a UFO, small saucer flew above 4 of us for a half hour. So it's not as easy for me to dismiss every person w... [More]
Comment icon #106 Posted by psyche101 on 10 April, 2015, 1:47
What other approach to roads could you imagine? Underground, mag lev, rails, tunnels, stacked highways, and probably another 20 thats have passed through my head.
Comment icon #107 Posted by DieChecker on 11 April, 2015, 2:47
Sort of. Stereotypical aliens in Japan aren't the skinny, big-headed, big-eyed, Grays made popular by Whitley Striber's Communion. They had, early on, some invasion movie where the aliens were these human-sized, octopus-looking things. But Japan has always had a curious relationship with the octopus, and there are prints of tentacle sex from the Heian era, so it is definitely more a cultural thing. We have desert and jungle reptiles as monsters, they have cephalapods and other undersea creatures. Communion? That was 1987. Close Encounters of the Third Kind was 1977. The little grey dudes at th... [More]
Comment icon #108 Posted by preacherman76 on 12 April, 2015, 12:52
I can't see how any are legit, there are some very wild stories coming out of Russian "sources" and dime a dozen. What I was illustrating is how UFOlogy takes a story and insists it is a UFO story whether it is or not, and much of the Russian claims (that I am aware of) have come from Kazakhstan over the last few years, unsurprising having a well used launch pad there. I have seen at least three in my life, the most recent one I posted here when I was in New Zealand a few years ago. I do not doubt UFO's but I do doubt the Alien Origin claim, nothing I saw on any occasion has convinced me there... [More]
Comment icon #109 Posted by Sweetpumper on 12 April, 2015, 17:33
That's what p****s me off too. If it's tech we own, then there should be no conflicts anywhere.
Comment icon #110 Posted by DONTEATUS on 12 April, 2015, 22:34
Just you all wait until they release Rodain on us !
Comment icon #111 Posted by psyche101 on 12 April, 2015, 23:15
Yeah I don't really speak about alien life. Like u I have concluded I have no ligit reason to put faith in that. There are a few cases that do leave me baffled though. The saucer I saw, I could totally believe was man made. In fact it p***es me off, cause that means they have tech and have had it for decades that they are hiding from us. But u look at the Hudson valley boomerang, I just can't explain its origin. In fact I'd say to call it alien would be to take away how incredible it really was. I am not sure if it is being hidden, or those who see these contraptions are simply not aware of th... [More]
Comment icon #112 Posted by DONTEATUS on 14 April, 2015, 2:37
Makes me want to Shoot my eye out , I mean Pop that Balloon !! BB guns to bring down Alien Star Ship ! News at 11:00

'Extinct' bird rediscovered after 170 years
3-4-2021
An extremely rare bird that hadn't been seen in almost two centuries has turned up again in Indonesia.
'Space hurricane' observed over the North Pole
3-3-2021
Scientists have, for the first time, detected a hurricane taking place in the Earth's upper atmosphere.
Tom Cruise deepfake is sign of things to come
3-3-2021
A series of extremely convincing deepfake clips of Tom Cruise have raised both concern and intrigue.
Space hotel could open its doors in 2027
3-2-2021
One forward-thinking company is planning to build and launch a rotating space hotel with artificial gravity.
The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball