Monday, July 22, 2019

New book sends kids to sleep within minutes

Posted on Monday, 17 August, 2015 | Comment icon 21 comments

Can one book really send a child off to sleep every time ? Image Credit: PD - Vaclav Maly
A remarkable new best-selling book is capable of sending a child off to sleep almost like clockwork.
Written by Swedish behavioral psychologist and linguist Carl-Johan Forssen Ehrlin, the book, which is called The Rabbit Who Wants To Fall Asleep, has managed to hit the top spot on Amazon and is the first self-published work on the site ever to do so.

The book uses psychological and positive reinforcement techniques to help relax a child and quickly send them off to sleep. Parents reading it to their children are encouraged to yawn and to recite certain words and passages in a calm voice to help amplify its effect.

"I had written books before about leadership and personal development using these techniques but I got the idea for a children’s book while I was driving on a long journey with my mother and she fell asleep and I got the idea of how I could use my methods to help children relax," said Ehrlin.

"When we stopped I wrote it all down on a napkin but it took another three and a half years to come up with the perfect story so that all the techniques were used in the correct order."

The book has so far received rave reviews with parents claiming it has revolutionized bedtimes.

"I am amazed how successful it has been," said Ehrlin. "My inbox is full of parents who say it has really helped their children to relax and fall asleep."

Source: Telegraph | Comments (21)

Tags: Sleep, Children

Comment icon #12 Posted by Norbert the Incredible on 17 August, 2015, 18:48
I can't wait for the follow-up. The book has already been translated into seven langauges* and Forssen Ehrlin is now planning a follow up which helps children learn how to use the toilet. * sic; perhaps someone at the Telegraph could do with How to Spell.
Comment icon #13 Posted by BeastieRunner on 17 August, 2015, 20:46
I find spiking that warm milk with a touch of rohypnol is a winner! Ahhh ... the Cosby method.
Comment icon #14 Posted by jarjarbinks on 17 August, 2015, 23:33
What we dont know is that the author was bought by some type of illuminatis secret society (not the one everyone talk about to prevent us finding the real one active out there) and one day, in a near future, they will tell everyone using television and internet the magic word that were impreted inside their brain. then, they will 'activate' and do whatever the big plan is.
Comment icon #15 Posted by Skep B on 18 August, 2015, 0:32
"I can make anyone fall asleep" That's some super villain crap right there.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Xomon on 18 August, 2015, 0:47
To the conspiracy theorists -- please don't forget to clean the encrusted food from your chin folds tonight. Thanks
Comment icon #17 Posted by Nnicolette on 18 August, 2015, 5:31
(Double post)
Comment icon #18 Posted by Nnicolette on 18 August, 2015, 5:32
No book has ever made my son fall asleep And thanks xomon i will try to keep that in mind.
Comment icon #19 Posted by BeastieRunner on 18 August, 2015, 16:45
Holy crap! I used the kindle version and it knocked my son AND daughter right out last night. And my daughter always takes forever to sleep! My wife fell asleep while I was reading it to my daughter in bed, too. WEIRD!
Comment icon #20 Posted by Paranomali on 19 August, 2015, 12:24
I will be sure to get this for when my son is in his 'not tired yet' stage!
Comment icon #21 Posted by russ117044 on 22 August, 2015, 12:42
Gee, does it work on LIBERALS?

Orbital plan for lunar space station unveiled
7-21-2019
Mission planners at NASA and ESA have determined the orbital path of the upcoming lunar Gateway.
Why aren't humans constantly hallucinating ?
7-21-2019
A fascinating new study has highlighted just how sensitive, yet finely tuned the human brain actually is.
Tiger enters house, goes to sleep on bed
7-20-2019
A homeowner and his family were forced to flee when the enormous cat simply walked in the front door.
NASA celebrates Apollo 11's 50th anniversary
7-20-2019
Today marks exactly 50 years since Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin touched down on the lunar surface.
House vibrates
7-20-2019 | Northern part of lower Michigan

Sudden writing on hand
7-20-2019 | England

Spontaneous exorcisms
7-5-2019 | Ontario

A call from 'The Lobster'
7-5-2019 | Russia

Witnessing tree spirits
6-25-2019 | Ontario

I didn't move my blankets
6-25-2019 | Spring, TX

Bitten by a spirit?...true story
6-15-2019 | Dallas, Tx