Thursday, August 22, 2019

Kurt Russell was mystery Phoenix Lights pilot

Posted on Monday, 19 June, 2017 | Comment icon 16 comments

Russell witnessed the phenomenon first-hand. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Gage Skidmore
The pilot who famously reported witnessing the 1997 Phoenix Lights was actually actor Kurt Russell.
One of the best known UFO cases in the history of the United States, the Phoenix Lights was a mass sighting that occurred over Arizona 20 years ago.

Thousands of people reported witnessing either a series of stationary lights over the Phoenix area or a separate triangular shaped formation of lights that was seen passing over the state.

One particularly notable sighting was that of a pilot and his son who had been approaching the city in a private plane at the time.

Now in a bizarre twist, it has been revealed that this pilot had actually been Kurt Russell - the actor famous for his role in the movie Stargate and more recently, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

"I was the pilot," he said during a recent BBC interview. "[We] saw six lights over the airport in absolute uniform in a V-shape. I was just looking at them and I was coming in."

"I said 'I'm gonna call,' and I reported it. They said...'We don't show anything.'"

A clip from the interview, which was featured on 'The One Show', can be viewed below.

Source: Maxim.com | Comments (16)

Tags: Phoenix Lights, UFO

Comment icon #7 Posted by Farmer77 on 21 June, 2017, 15:51
If you looked into it , did you research Mobley's father? I love the Laurel Canyon Conspiracy and could see that extending beyond music. (theoretically anyways I wont say I buy it necessarily)
Comment icon #8 Posted by quillius on 21 June, 2017, 15:54
If I can be honest, my memory is deteriorating quite a bit.....  I cant remember, I just remembered Kurt being on this list.... Let me find the thread and see if we touched upon Mobley's father, although I do not think we did....will post link here for you
Comment icon #9 Posted by quillius on 21 June, 2017, 15:57

Comment icon #10 Posted by Farmer77 on 21 June, 2017, 16:18
Thanks @quillius!
Comment icon #11 Posted by quillius on 21 June, 2017, 16:35
my pleasure
Comment icon #12 Posted by CeresExpo2000 on 21 June, 2017, 16:58
Oh yeah, Kurt is a real pilot.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Sir Wearer of Hats on 21 June, 2017, 22:31
Nah, no one crashed.
Comment icon #14 Posted by BeastieRunner on 21 June, 2017, 22:57
Haha! Oh man ...
Comment icon #15 Posted by The Silver Thong on 25 June, 2017, 19:21
Kurt shots from the hip, he has no reason to make this up. I think that there are things in the sky we can`t explain. I have seen one that I don`t know what it was. I don`t talk it about.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Prif_the_Pirate on 14 September, 2017, 1:30
Kurt Russell- Alien, Alien Hunter, Intergalactic traveler, Fearsome US Marshal, Brainwashed supersoldier, International one eyed criminal, paranormal truck driver, Libertarian Hero, pilot, and now UFO witness!   There's a reason why I love him!

New Stegosaurus species found in Morocco
8-21-2019
Not only is the fossil a new species but it is also the earliest known Stegosaurus specimen ever discovered.
Scientists to reveal 'plausible' Nessie theory
8-21-2019
A biological study of Loch Ness has produced a credible explanation for the Loch Ness Monster phenomenon.
Mystery surrounds Himalayan 'skeleton lake'
8-21-2019
A shallow lake situated high up in the mountains of India is filled with skeletal remains dating back centuries.
Woman is visited by Pennywise the Clown
8-20-2019
A blood-soaked effigy of the titular character from the movie 'It' is the last thing you want to find in your yard.
A visit from beyond
8-20-2019 | Australia

A strange voice
8-5-2019 | St. Catharines Ontario.

House vibrates
7-20-2019 | Northern part of lower Michigan

Sudden writing on hand
7-20-2019 | England

Spontaneous exorcisms
7-5-2019 | Ontario

A call from 'The Lobster'
7-5-2019 | Russia

Witnessing tree spirits
6-25-2019 | Ontario

I didn't move my blankets
6-25-2019 | Spring, TX

Bitten by a spirit?...true story
6-15-2019 | Dallas, Tx