Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Kurt Russell was mystery Phoenix Lights pilot

Posted on Monday, 19 June, 2017 | Comment icon 16 comments

Russell witnessed the phenomenon first-hand. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Gage Skidmore
The pilot who famously reported witnessing the 1997 Phoenix Lights was actually actor Kurt Russell.
One of the best known UFO cases in the history of the United States, the Phoenix Lights was a mass sighting that occurred over Arizona 20 years ago.

Thousands of people reported witnessing either a series of stationary lights over the Phoenix area or a separate triangular shaped formation of lights that was seen passing over the state.

One particularly notable sighting was that of a pilot and his son who had been approaching the city in a private plane at the time.

Now in a bizarre twist, it has been revealed that this pilot had actually been Kurt Russell - the actor famous for his role in the movie Stargate and more recently, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

"I was the pilot," he said during a recent BBC interview. "[We] saw six lights over the airport in absolute uniform in a V-shape. I was just looking at them and I was coming in."

"I said 'I'm gonna call,' and I reported it. They said...'We don't show anything.'"

A clip from the interview, which was featured on 'The One Show', can be viewed below.

Source: Maxim.com | Comments (16)

Tags: Phoenix Lights, UFO

Comment icon #7 Posted by Farmer77 on 21 June, 2017, 15:51
If you looked into it , did you research Mobley's father? I love the Laurel Canyon Conspiracy and could see that extending beyond music. (theoretically anyways I wont say I buy it necessarily)†
Comment icon #8 Posted by quillius on 21 June, 2017, 15:54
If I can be honest, my memory is deteriorating quite a bit..... †I cant remember, I just remembered Kurt being on this list.... Let me find the thread and see if we touched upon Mobley's father, although I do not think we did....will post link here for you†
Comment icon #9 Posted by quillius on 21 June, 2017, 15:57
Comment icon #10 Posted by Farmer77 on 21 June, 2017, 16:18
Thanks @quillius!†
Comment icon #11 Posted by quillius on 21 June, 2017, 16:35
my pleasure†
Comment icon #12 Posted by CeresExpo2000 on 21 June, 2017, 16:58
Oh yeah, Kurt is a real pilot.
Comment icon #13 Posted by Sir Wearer of Hats on 21 June, 2017, 22:31
Nah, no one crashed.
Comment icon #14 Posted by BeastieRunner on 21 June, 2017, 22:57
Haha! Oh man ...
Comment icon #15 Posted by The Silver Thong on 25 June, 2017, 19:21
Kurt shots from the hip, he has no reason to make this up. I think that there are things in the sky we can`t explain. I have seen one that I don`t know what it was. I don`t talk it about.
Comment icon #16 Posted by Prif_the_Pirate on 14 September, 2017, 1:30
Kurt Russell- Alien, Alien Hunter, Intergalactic traveler,†Fearsome US Marshal,†Brainwashed supersoldier, International one eyed criminal, paranormal truck driver, Libertarian Hero, pilot, and now UFO witness! † There's a reason why I love him!

Land plants arrived much earlier than thought
2-20-2018
It is believed that plants first arose on land 100 million years earlier than previous studies had suggested.
Message in a bottle mystery sparks new hunt
2-19-2018
The son of a man who found a message in a bottle 60 years ago is now searching for the author's relatives.
Mystery of deadly Roman 'Gate to Hell' solved
2-19-2018
Scientists have determined what made the notorious Roman cave so deadly to those who ventured inside.
Hunt for Earth 2.0 yields 95 new exoplanets
2-18-2018
A renewed hunt for Earth-like worlds has yielded a haul of 95 previously undiscovered extrasolar planets.
The real story of Galileo
Posted 2-20-2018 | 0 comments
Exactly why was legendary astronomer Galileo Galilei convicted of heresy ?

Big Bang vs Big Bounce
Posted 2-16-2018 | 0 comments
Was there another universe here before our own universe came in to existence ?

The Leaning Tower of Lire
Posted 2-12-2018 | 0 comments
Vsauce returns with a thought-provoking video about the problem of stacking blocks.

How did the dinosaurs die ?
Posted 2-8-2018 | 1 comment
A look at the devastating events that preceded the extinction of the dinosaurs.

World's longest bicycle
Posted 2-5-2018 | 2 comments
This ridiculous bicycle measures 41.42 meters in length and took nine months to put together.

Black hole in Bismarck
2-14-2018 | Mandan

Trapped and chased
2-9-2018 | Saskatchewan canada

Someone calling my name
2-9-2018 | Budd Lake NJ

Strange feeling
1-18-2018 | Different places

Unexplained voices
1-18-2018 | United States

First college apartment
12-31-2017 | Daytona Beach, FL

The night my niece was murdered
12-19-2017 | Delhi, Louisiana