Friday, January 19, 2018

Saskatchewan farmer finds house in his field

Posted on Friday, 3 November, 2017 | Comment icon 26 comments

The house was certainly a nice one. Image Credit: Facebook / Patrick Maze
Patrick Maze was shocked to discover that an entire house had appeared on his property overnight.
The mysterious house, which seemed to be brand new, turned up right in the middle of one of his fields to the east of Regina without explanation.

Perplexed by the discovery, he asked his friends on Facebook if they knew anything about it.

"Have any of you ever found a house ?" he wrote. "This one was discovered on my property early Thursday morning on my way to work. It is still there this morning."

"Perhaps someone stole it and took it for a joy ride, then ditched it on my property ?"

It eventually turned out that a moving company had been transporting the house from Winnipeg to just outside Lumsden when an issue cropped up with the permits and the driver had decided to leave it in the field until the documentation could be sorted out.

"I know I don't get to keep it," joked Maze. "It is no big deal."

Source: CTV News | Comments (26)

Tags: House, Saskatchewan

Comment icon #17 Posted by rashore on 5 November, 2017, 11:57
Hate to tell ya... Mr. Maze rents that field out to another farmer.
Comment icon #18 Posted by freetoroam on 5 November, 2017, 12:48
Love the farmers name...Mr Maze, he should have stuck an 'i' in it. As for the house..i see mobile homes transported often, we got 3 mobile home parks in my area, but they sort their paperwork out before they set off as have never seen any planted in a field. The driver is lucky he got away with this, he did not have the documentation to plot it down in the farmers field...either.
Comment icon #19 Posted by godnodog on 5 November, 2017, 23:02
So where did my 5 star beach resort went? Cause the article didnīt mention it and neither did you :|
Comment icon #20 Posted by paperdyer on 6 November, 2017, 13:43
So Kansas is your home?  I think the slippers were hard wired.
Comment icon #21 Posted by paperdyer on 6 November, 2017, 13:49
Just thought of this, most pre-fab homes are transported in 2 pieces as not to use two lanes of a highway with a wide load truck in front and sometimes in the back as well.  Kind of berserk if the trucker was by himself.
Comment icon #22 Posted by Myles on 7 November, 2017, 14:07
I went to a corn maze last week.   I go each year with my daughters.   i ruined it this year.   I used my phone and the app Map My Hike.   I made it too easy.
Comment icon #23 Posted by pallidin on 12 December, 2017, 13:25
Just to add... The adage "possession is 9/10ths of the Law" has NOT been true for a very long time. It needs to get OUT of people's heads and was likely due to early drug and contraband transfer. Today, possession means just so much, and ownership means a whole lot more. I have private property, and if someone mistakenly parks a home on my property... I have zero legal ownership. I can not just go claim that item, unless it is legally "abandoned" on my property. In all cases I need to contact the authorities and have them settle the issue.
Comment icon #24 Posted by Piney on 12 December, 2017, 13:53
I know. Shore goers with their campers or boats break down here all the time. I was being "funny".....
Comment icon #25 Posted by pallidin on 12 December, 2017, 14:07
Just extending comments... I knew you were being funny.
Comment icon #26 Posted by The Ghastly Grimoire on 13 December, 2017, 20:58
This reminds me of the article where someone's house was stolen. The downside to having the technology to move houses, yeah?

Saturn's moon Titan has its own sea level
1-19-2018
Just like the oceans here on Earth, Titan's hydrocarbon seas and lakes lie at an average elevation.
'Haunted' painting has sold in New Zealand
1-19-2018
An acrylic painting purchased from an antique store has earned itself something of a haunted reputation.
Mini nuclear reactors could be used on Mars
1-19-2018
The Kilopower project has developed a type of miniature nuclear fission reactor for use on other worlds.
Drone saves swimmers in world-first rescue
1-18-2018
A new lifesaving drone has already proven its worth after rescuing two swimmers off the coast of Australia.
Brian Cox talks to Buzz Aldrin
Posted 1-18-2018 | 1 comment
Professor Brian Cox discusses space travel with legendary astronaut Buzz Aldrin.

Typing vs handwriting
Posted 1-16-2018 | 2 comments
Is typing on a computer better or worse for your memory then writing on paper ?

Can coding help avoid job automation ?
Posted 1-12-2018 | 0 comments
Taking up coding and technical skills to avoid automation may be counter-productive.

Dinosaur death match
Posted 1-8-2018 | 0 comments
A look at how various dinosaurs might have fared against the predators of their day.

Best records of 2017
Posted 1-4-2018 | 0 comments
A look back at some of the most bizarre and amazing world records of the last year.

Strange feeling
1-18-2018 | Different places

Unexplained voices
1-18-2018 | United States

First college apartment
12-31-2017 | Daytona Beach, FL

The night my niece was murdered
12-19-2017 | Delhi, Louisiana

Mysterious Headlights
12-10-2017 | Morgan County, Alabama

Possibly a child ghost
12-10-2017 | Edgewater, Maryland

True story about black-eyed kids
12-10-2017 | Portland oregon

Alien or paranormal encounter ?
12-10-2017 | United States