Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Saskatchewan farmer finds house in his field

Posted on Friday, 3 November, 2017 | Comment icon 26 comments

The house was certainly a nice one. Image Credit: Facebook / Patrick Maze
Patrick Maze was shocked to discover that an entire house had appeared on his property overnight.
The mysterious house, which seemed to be brand new, turned up right in the middle of one of his fields to the east of Regina without explanation.

Perplexed by the discovery, he asked his friends on Facebook if they knew anything about it.

"Have any of you ever found a house ?" he wrote. "This one was discovered on my property early Thursday morning on my way to work. It is still there this morning."

"Perhaps someone stole it and took it for a joy ride, then ditched it on my property ?"

It eventually turned out that a moving company had been transporting the house from Winnipeg to just outside Lumsden when an issue cropped up with the permits and the driver had decided to leave it in the field until the documentation could be sorted out.

"I know I don't get to keep it," joked Maze. "It is no big deal."

Source: CTV News | Comments (26)

Tags: House, Saskatchewan

Comment icon #17 Posted by rashore on 5 November, 2017, 11:57
Hate to tell ya... Mr. Maze rents that field out to another farmer.
Comment icon #18 Posted by freetoroam on 5 November, 2017, 12:48
Love the farmers name...Mr Maze, he should have stuck an 'i' in it. As for the house..i see mobile homes transported often, we got 3 mobile home parks in my area, but they sort their paperwork out before they set off as have never seen any planted in a field. The driver is lucky he got away with this, he did not have the documentation to plot it down in the farmers field...either.
Comment icon #19 Posted by godnodog on 5 November, 2017, 23:02
So where did my 5 star beach resort went? Cause the article didnīt mention it and neither did you :|
Comment icon #20 Posted by paperdyer on 6 November, 2017, 13:43
So Kansas is your home?  I think the slippers were hard wired.
Comment icon #21 Posted by paperdyer on 6 November, 2017, 13:49
Just thought of this, most pre-fab homes are transported in 2 pieces as not to use two lanes of a highway with a wide load truck in front and sometimes in the back as well.  Kind of berserk if the trucker was by himself.
Comment icon #22 Posted by Myles on 7 November, 2017, 14:07
I went to a corn maze last week.   I go each year with my daughters.   i ruined it this year.   I used my phone and the app Map My Hike.   I made it too easy.
Comment icon #23 Posted by pallidin on 12 December, 2017, 13:25
Just to add... The adage "possession is 9/10ths of the Law" has NOT been true for a very long time. It needs to get OUT of people's heads and was likely due to early drug and contraband transfer. Today, possession means just so much, and ownership means a whole lot more. I have private property, and if someone mistakenly parks a home on my property... I have zero legal ownership. I can not just go claim that item, unless it is legally "abandoned" on my property. In all cases I need to contact the authorities and have them settle the issue.
Comment icon #24 Posted by Piney on 12 December, 2017, 13:53
I know. Shore goers with their campers or boats break down here all the time. I was being "funny".....
Comment icon #25 Posted by pallidin on 12 December, 2017, 14:07
Just extending comments... I knew you were being funny.
Comment icon #26 Posted by The Ghastly Grimoire on 13 December, 2017, 20:58
This reminds me of the article where someone's house was stolen. The downside to having the technology to move houses, yeah?

Twelve new moons discovered around Jupiter
7-17-2018
The discovery means that the gas giant has a total of 79 moons - more than any other planet in the solar system.
5,500-year-old tomb discovered in Ireland
7-17-2018
A megalithic tomb unearthed in County Meath has been described by archaeologists as the 'find of a lifetime'.
A quadrillion tons of diamond discovered
7-17-2018
Scientists have determined that there is 1,000 times more diamond beneath our feet than previously thought.
2,000-year-old Basel papyrus mystery solved
7-16-2018
Researchers have finally succeeded in deciphering an ancient papyrus with mirror writing on both sides.
Spinning a record to pieces
Posted 7-15-2018 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys attempt another intriguing slow motion experiment with old vinyl records.

Pearlfish's gross hiding spot
Posted 7-8-2018 | 1 comment
A pearlfish finds a particularly unappealing place to hide on the ocean floor.

What jobs will flourish in the future ?
Posted 7-5-2018 | 2 comments
Theoretical physicist Michio Kaku predicts which jobs will be important in the future.

Skunked
Posted 7-1-2018 | 0 comments
Coyote Peterson meets a rather adorable skunk - but can he avoid getting sprayed ?

Magic spelling
Posted 6-27-2018 | 0 comments
Michael and Dianna check out Jim Steinmeyer's 'Nine Card Speller' magic trick.

Huge black triangle UFO
6-13-2018 | Mt Maunganui New Zealand

Ghastly intuition
6-13-2018 | Bay Area CA

A haunted... desk?
6-13-2018 | Peoria, Illinois

Mystery bristle brush
5-9-2018 | Whittier, U.S.A.

Dreams and clues to the future
3-31-2018 | Philippines and Germany

Black cloaked figure
3-31-2018 | Carlisle, Cumbria, England

Three knocks
3-8-2018 | Canada

Two shadows of me
3-8-2018 | Bellflower, LA

I think I know what I saw
3-5-2018 | Near Sultan, Washington

Ghost, or something else ?
3-5-2018 | Ohio, USA