Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Cows help police catch car thief in Florida

Posted on Thursday, 9 August, 2018 | Comment icon 11 comments

Cows are surprisingly adept at chasing suspects. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 4.0 Sondreaasan
A woman fleeing through fields to escape the police was caught after being chased by a herd of cattle.
The peculiar incident was captured on video by a Seminole County Sheriff's Office helicopter team as the woman, who had been riding in a stolen Subaru SUV with two other people, tried to get away.

She was only able to get a short distance before the cows moved to intercept her.

"Actually, a large group of cows is following her," the helicopter team stated. "It looks like they may attack her. She's pretty far into the field now."

"If you see the large group of cows, they're literally following her and chasing her."

Fearing for her life, the woman was forced to run towards the edge of the field with the cows in pursuit.

When she finally reached the fence, police officers were waiting for her on the other side.

She was later charged with theft, drug possession, trespassing and resisting arrest.

Source: Tampabay.com | Comments (11)

Tags: Cows, Police, Florida

Comment icon #2 Posted by MWoo7 on 9 August, 2018, 0:53
True that, a bull will kill your bleep, when a kid a bunch of us were surprised and not a big thing no worries, we jumped in the river and we all knew this well so not worried at all because there was a local CRAZY WILD GOAT that killed dogs there at times too. This ole bull was nothing. GUESS AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy arrrrse bull, it had one of those top flappy things on its back, we all will never forget it, it flew right in after us, yeah nothing bad happened but it scared the hell out of us. Just my two bits.
Comment icon #3 Posted by Grandpa Greenman on 9 August, 2018, 3:05
I've had some run in with cows myself. I was out running my father's beagles, I caught one and tied her up, then went to get catch the other one, when I heard her barking really frantic.  I ran over to her to find a cow and a bull going after her.  I tried to run them off and unhook her so she could get away. They chased us both into the swamp.  The other dog took of for home.  When i got home I told my mother what happen.  She said, she was wondering why Bang was circling around the house barking.
Comment icon #4 Posted by Why not on 9 August, 2018, 12:25
Only in Florida does something like this happen. They chase people off because they think your one of the local rednecks trying to push them over while they sleep standing up. I know these kind of things.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Still Waters on 9 August, 2018, 13:21
When I was younger we thought nothing of walking through a field of cows, wouldn't do that now though.  Cows are too unpredictable. Sometimes they just stand around looking at you, other times they start walking towards you and when one moves the rest follow. You can never be sure what they'll do especially if they have calves with them.
Comment icon #6 Posted by The Caspian Hare on 9 August, 2018, 13:32
Cows are curious about new things in their pasture. Cows will also pursue you if you have the feed bucket.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Still Waters on 9 August, 2018, 14:00
Growing up we used to live opposite a farm. It wasn't a big farm, just some cows, pigs, hens and a hay barn that we used to play in. The farmer used to let us help feed the cows in the cowshed and walk them up to the fields, bring them back for milking and watch them being hooked up to the milk machines, all this while trying not to get in his way. He also had a field next to our house, it's in that field I watched one of his cows give birth. That was a first for me because the farmer didn't allow us in the cowshed when one of his cows had newly calved.
Comment icon #8 Posted by paperdyer on 9 August, 2018, 19:58
Best way to start a stampede is to spook a herd of cattle, bull or no bull. I had a funny experience with cattle a few years ago.  I was on my way to our plant.  The cows broke through the fence and were crossing the road.  In the middle of the road was a bull making sounds like he was directing traffic. Trying to get the "girls" to move faster. Needless to say, a new fence was put up and I only recently saw some cows back in that part.  In fact I hadn't seen cows there in any part of the pasture until recently.  I guess the cows were being punished.  They were only following their bull's orde... [More]
Comment icon #9 Posted by Still Waters on 9 August, 2018, 20:22
Speaking of bulls, when I lived away from home and used to catch a bus to work, there was this field directly across from the bus shelter. It was a country road and not all that wide so the bull wasn't that far away from us. There were three of us who used to catch that bus in the mornings and we were very wary of this bull. It was a huge brute of an animal and it would come pushing against the wire fence bellowing at us, it was really intimidating and this would happen every morning. We used to be ever so thankful to see the bus coming!
Comment icon #10 Posted by Stiff on 9 August, 2018, 20:54
I like the way she mooves
Comment icon #11 Posted by Hawken on 10 August, 2018, 4:40
As a teen I remember herding some cattle on foot down a dirt road. This one cow kept stopping and looking at me. Next thing I know it charged me. I had a stick and jabbed it at the cow. It went back to the herd but it scared the crap out of me.

'Drunk and irritable' wasps descend on the UK
8-14-2018
Wasps in Britain have been getting drunk on fermented fruit and left-over pub cider, experts claim.
Scientists reverse the aging of human cells
8-14-2018
Researchers in the UK have achieved a significant milestone in their quest to reverse the aging process.
Lubbock Lights mystery endures 67 years on
8-14-2018
The mass UFO sighting that occurred over the Texas city of Lubbock in 1951 still continues to perplex and intrigue.
New prehistoric flying reptile discovered
8-13-2018
Scientists have revealed the discovery of a new species of giant pterosaur that lived over 200 million years ago.
Otter swimming lessons
Posted 8-10-2018 | 3 comments
The parents of these six baby giant otters attempt to teach their offspring how to swim.

Giant millipedes
Posted 8-3-2018 | 11 comments
Coyote Peterson goes in search of some creatures with a rather large number of legs.

Slow-motion dragonfly
Posted 7-27-2018 | 3 comments
A look at how a dragonfly moves using a camera that takes 2,000 pictures every second.

Giant hornet and a dragonfly
Posted 7-23-2018 | 5 comments
A close-up look at two giant insects chilling on one brave guy's hand.

Why do bandaids glow ?
Posted 7-19-2018 | 0 comments
Dianna Cowern investigates why some bandaids produce a blue glow when they are opened.

Disappearing objects
8-12-2018 | Houston TX USA

I dreamt that Austin was destroyed
8-12-2018 | USA / Texas

Demon on my TV screen
8-12-2018 | U.S.

3 knocks, 3 nights...
8-12-2018 | San Fernando Valley, CA

Feeling something strange
8-9-2018 | Sydney, Australia

Dragon sighting in Spring Tx.
8-9-2018 | Spring Texas