Tuesday, October 16, 2018

'UFO' found beneath the Bermuda Triangle

Posted on Saturday, 11 August, 2018 | Comment icon 30 comments

What did Miklos find beneath the waves ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 4.0 Brocken Inaglory
Explorer Darrell Miklos has discovered a strange object after following a map made by astronaut Gordon Cooper.
The find, which will be featured in an episode of the Discovery Channel series "Cooper's Treasure", was made after following a map to an "unidentified object" Cooper made back in the 1960s.

It was discovered on the sea floor in the middle of the infamous Bermuda Triangle region.

"I was trying to identify shipwreck material based on one of the anomaly readings on Gordon's charts when I noticed something that stuck out, that shocked me," said Miklos.

"It was a formation unlike anything I've ever seen related to shipwreck material, it was too big for that. It was also something that was completely different from anything that I've seen that was made by nature."

The veteran explorer described seeing several arm-like features protruding from a steep cliffside.

"They don't look nature-made, they don't look man-made, certainly nothing I've ever seen based on my experience and I have years of experience at doing this," he said. "We've identified multiple different types of shipwreck material, this doesn't match or look anything like that."

After looking more closely at Gordon's notes, Miklos concluded that the late astronaut had implied that the object at this location may have been extraterrestrial in origin.

"He had to mean it might be something from another world," he said.

"Gordon believed in aliens. He believed that we had visitors from other planets and he also believed that a lot of these things landed in this particular part of the world."

Source: Digital Spy | Comments (30)

Tags: UFO, Gordon Cooper, Darrell Miklos

Comment icon #21 Posted by Raptor Witness on 12 August, 2018, 0:38
Largest peyote cactus fossil I ever saw.  Spectacular ...
Comment icon #22 Posted by Grandpa Greenman on 12 August, 2018, 0:44
He has an awesome sub, though. I bet that cost some big bucks.  Pseudo science must be quite profitable.  He who has the most toys wins.
Comment icon #23 Posted by 3.0 on 12 August, 2018, 2:15
The photos in the link are intriguing. It 's worth exploring, but no arms!
Comment icon #24 Posted by curiouse on 12 August, 2018, 5:16
Maybe it’s a Under water Fallen Object?
Comment icon #25 Posted by Troublehalf on 12 August, 2018, 17:48
Unidentified Floating Object? Unidentified Flotsam Object? Unidentified Fallen Object? Unexplained Floating/Flotsam/Fallen Object? Etc. UFO =! Aliens, sadly.
Comment icon #26 Posted by Aitrui on 13 August, 2018, 4:27
Clearly it would change the world forever if it is either extraterrestrial or an earlier advanced civilisation?s leftovers. But the fact there are so many other unique natural structures under the water caused by erosion etc in the Bahamas, it?s hopeful+1. Love that show though, I don?t care if it?s pertrified trees or whatever as long as he gets more funding so he can find some proper loot.
Comment icon #27 Posted by TripGun on 13 August, 2018, 17:15
An unidentified submerged object (USO) is an unidentified object submerged in water.
Comment icon #28 Posted by Robotic Jew on 13 August, 2018, 17:38
The pictures don't look like anything out of the ordinary to me...maybe I'm missing something?
Comment icon #29 Posted by moonman on 13 August, 2018, 19:34
I was interested when I heard about this but now that I see pics- what a letdown. That could be anything, and to even give a thought to it being alien before doing any kind of testing at all just makes it that much more stupid.
Comment icon #30 Posted by CloudSix on 16 August, 2018, 6:12
Any updates on this, or a site where we can track progress? It could be nothing and it could be something, I guess

Hawking's final book answers the big questions
10-16-2018
The late physicist's last book, which was published today, attempts to answer the biggest questions of them all.
Bizarre solar system is baffling astronomers
10-16-2018
Four gargantuan planets have been observed orbiting a relatively young star approximately 500 light years away.
'Bugpocalypse' sees major decline in insects
10-16-2018
A worrying new study has highlighted the catastrophic effects of global warming on insect populations.
Future of 1,000mph supersonic car in doubt
10-15-2018
An attempt to build the first car capable of exceeding 1,000mph has hit a major financial roadblock.
How does fluid 'climb' up a rod ?
Posted 10-16-2018 | 1 comment
Physics Girl checks out a remarkable effect achievable with non-newtonian fluids.

Tense stand off with an elephant
Posted 10-10-2018 | 2 comments
A BBC film crew ends up face to face with a potentially hostile Indian elephant.

Free solo climbing in 360 degrees
Posted 10-5-2018 | 3 comments
Alex Honnold climbs up Yosemite's famous El Capitan with no equipment whatsoever.

An astronaut's guide to risk taking
Posted 10-1-2018 | 0 comments
Veteran NASA astronaut Chris Hadfield talks about his views on taking risks.

The man who climbed Everest 21 times
Posted 9-27-2018 | 0 comments
Apa Sherpa holds the world record for the most ascents of the world's tallest mountain.

And the shadows smile
8-25-2018 | Deal UK

Disappearing objects
8-12-2018 | Houston TX USA

I dreamt that Austin was destroyed
8-12-2018 | USA / Texas

Demon on my TV screen
8-12-2018 | U.S.

3 knocks, 3 nights...
8-12-2018 | San Fernando Valley, CA

Feeling something strange
8-9-2018 | Sydney, Australia

Dragon sighting in Spring Tx.
8-9-2018 | Spring Texas