Thursday, August 11, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > The UFO Phenomenon > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

The UFO Phenomenon

New TV drama explores Project Blue Book

January 9, 2019 | Comment icon 19 comments

The real Dr. J. Allen Hynek (left) and Dr. Jacques Vallee (right). Image Credit: US Government
A new History Channel series starring Game of Thrones' Aidan Gillen delves in to the secretive US UFO program.
The science-fiction series, which is airing now on 'History' (formerly 'The History Channel'), is the latest attempt to combine a TV drama with real-life events relating to the UFO phenomenon.

The actual Project Blue Book was an in-depth study of unidentified flying objects carried out by the US Air Force in the 1950s and 1960s. Its goal was to determine whether or not UFOs were a threat to the United States while also scientifically analyzing all known data about the phenomenon.

The new series stars Aiden Gillen ( Petyr Baelish in Game of Thrones ) as J. Allen Hynek - the astronomer and UFO researcher who originated the 'Close Encounter' UFO classification system and a scientific advisor to three US Air Force UFO studies including Project Blue Book.
In the series, Hynek joins Air Force officials to investigate UFO reports but quickly comes to the realization that his quest for the truth conflicts with efforts to cover up the phenomenon.

"UFOs are a mystery that's still unsolved at this point," said showrunner Sean Jablonski. "Once you open your mind up to the idea of the UFO phenomenon, then you have to ask 'Who's flying them?'"

"And then you have to talk about alien life. It unmoors you from a reality that most people live in their whole lives."

Source: Live Science | Comments (19)

Comment icon #10 Posted by Erno86 4 years ago
History Channel's debut of "Project Blue Book" on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-4KEiikLmQ
Comment icon #11 Posted by The Skeptic Eric Raven 4 years ago
I really enjoyed this show. They did a really good job on it. †
Comment icon #12 Posted by Anna101 4 years ago
It doesn't look like there's much humour to it. Seriously, X Files was brilliantly HILARIOUS and intelligent at the same time. I just like that combo. Gosh, it's like, what is the point of watching TV if everything could be true? Kind of makes the viewer a participant methinks... Anyhow, I hope it's funny. Thanks for the reviews. I'll look out for it but there's a 87% chance I won't find it funny enough I think just from the synopsis x
Comment icon #13 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps 4 years ago
Welcome in, @Anna101
Comment icon #14 Posted by DanL 4 years ago
It started off slow as the itch!! Then it slowed down some more. It was predictable and honestly I changed channels about a third of the way through. I had such high hopes but alas it was a rather pale version of the later episodes of the X files round one. I may try it again after it runs a little while and see if it picks up.
Comment icon #15 Posted by curiouse 4 years ago
Iím looking forward to this. As I said in a earlier post. It will be fascinating to see the storyís that I have read about over many years... PROJECT BLUE BOOK Looks great.
Comment icon #16 Posted by curiouse 4 years ago
Your post link didnít load
Comment icon #17 Posted by skliss 4 years ago
So far,† so good. I do like that they have a bit at the end where they put the real info†the show was based on, but I wish it gave a little more.† I want to know what actually happened versus the dramatization.†
Comment icon #18 Posted by Hawken 4 years ago
I have to turn up the volume to hear it. Just like Batman they talk in low whispers. Then when a commercial comes on I get blasted out of the chair.
Comment icon #19 Posted by Farmer77 4 years ago
Me too! I have noticed thats not the only History channel show with that problem too.

Total Posts: 7,311,667    Topics: 300,825    Members: 197,978