Wednesday, October 28, 2020

New TV drama explores Project Blue Book

Posted on Wednesday, 9 January, 2019 | Comment icon 20 comments

The real Dr. J. Allen Hynek (left) and Dr. Jacques Vallee (right). Image Credit: US Government
A new History Channel series starring Game of Thrones' Aidan Gillen delves in to the secretive US UFO program.
The science-fiction series, which is airing now on 'History' (formerly 'The History Channel'), is the latest attempt to combine a TV drama with real-life events relating to the UFO phenomenon.

The actual Project Blue Book was an in-depth study of unidentified flying objects carried out by the US Air Force in the 1950s and 1960s. Its goal was to determine whether or not UFOs were a threat to the United States while also scientifically analyzing all known data about the phenomenon.

The new series stars Aiden Gillen ( Petyr Baelish in Game of Thrones ) as J. Allen Hynek - the astronomer and UFO researcher who originated the 'Close Encounter' UFO classification system and a scientific advisor to three US Air Force UFO studies including Project Blue Book.
In the series, Hynek joins Air Force officials to investigate UFO reports but quickly comes to the realization that his quest for the truth conflicts with efforts to cover up the phenomenon.

"UFOs are a mystery that's still unsolved at this point," said showrunner Sean Jablonski. "Once you open your mind up to the idea of the UFO phenomenon, then you have to ask 'Who's flying them?'"

"And then you have to talk about alien life. It unmoors you from a reality that most people live in their whole lives."

Source: Live Science | Comments (20)

Tags: Project Blue Book, UFO

Comment icon #11 Posted by Erno86 on 11 January, 2019, 19:47
History Channel's debut of "Project Blue Book" on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-4KEiikLmQ
Comment icon #12 Posted by The Skeptic Eric Raven on 11 January, 2019, 20:40
I really enjoyed this show. They did a really good job on it. †
Comment icon #13 Posted by Anna101 on 13 January, 2019, 9:15
It doesn't look like there's much humour to it. Seriously, X Files was brilliantly HILARIOUS and intelligent at the same time. I just like that combo. Gosh, it's like, what is the point of watching TV if everything could be true? Kind of makes the viewer a participant methinks... Anyhow, I hope it's funny. Thanks for the reviews. I'll look out for it but there's a 87% chance I won't find it funny enough I think just from the synopsis x
Comment icon #14 Posted by Earl.Of.Trumps on 13 January, 2019, 9:31
Welcome in, @Anna101
Comment icon #15 Posted by DanL on 18 January, 2019, 5:58
It started off slow as the itch!! Then it slowed down some more. It was predictable and honestly I changed channels about a third of the way through. I had such high hopes but alas it was a rather pale version of the later episodes of the X files round one. I may try it again after it runs a little while and see if it picks up.
Comment icon #16 Posted by curiouse on 29 January, 2019, 10:45
Iím looking forward to this. As I said in a earlier post. It will be fascinating to see the storyís that I have read about over many years... PROJECT BLUE BOOK Looks great.
Comment icon #17 Posted by curiouse on 29 January, 2019, 10:49
Your post link didnít load
Comment icon #18 Posted by skliss on 31 January, 2019, 13:01
So far,† so good. I do like that they have a bit at the end where they put the real info†the show was based on, but I wish it gave a little more.† I want to know what actually happened versus the dramatization.†
Comment icon #19 Posted by Hawken on 7 February, 2019, 12:06
I have to turn up the volume to hear it. Just like Batman they talk in low whispers. Then when a commercial comes on I get blasted out of the chair.
Comment icon #20 Posted by Farmer77 on 7 February, 2019, 12:09
Me too! I have noticed thats not the only History channel show with that problem too.

AC/DC once tried to find the Loch Ness Monster
10-28-2020
The rock band's members once attempted an impromptu Nessie hunt on the banks of Scotland's famous loch.
Theater wants you to become its resident ghost
10-28-2020
A historic theater in Canada is offering one fan the opportunity to haunt the building after they pass on.
Firm invents nuclear thermal propulsion engine
10-27-2020
A new type of propulsion system is being developed that could significantly reduce the time it takes to reach Mars.
Coral 'skyscraper' discovered off Australia
10-27-2020
The remarkable 'detached' coral reef is the first of its kind to be discovered in more than 120 years.
Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball