Tuesday, March 19, 2019

'Ghost' turns out to be man living in closet

Posted on Sunday, 17 February, 2019 | Comment icon 7 comments

It remains unclear how the man managed to get in to the apartment. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A North Carolina student recently discovered that an uninvited guest had moved in to her apartment.
The woman, who has been identified only as Maddie, had started to believe that her apartment was haunted after hearing mysterious noises, finding that some of her clothes kept going missing and, on one occasion, even discovering a strange hand-print on the wall of her bathroom.

It wasn't until she went to investigate a strange sound coming from her closet earlier this month that she discovered to her horror that there had actually been a complete stranger living in there all along.

"I just hear rattling in my closet. It sounded like a raccoon in my closet," she said. "I'm like, 'Who's there?' And somebody answers me. He's like, 'Oh, my name is Drew.'"

"I open the door and he's in there, wearing all of my clothes."

The man turned out to be 30-year-old Andrew Clyde Swofford - a man she'd never met before. Fortunately he left without any trouble, however it remains unclear how he got in there.

Unsurprisingly, Maddie has no desire to remain in the apartment any longer.

"I can't stay here. My closet, it stinks," she said. "I'm just ready to leave."

Source: Vice.com | Comments (7)

Tags: Closet, Haunting

Comment icon #1 Posted by Stiff on 17 February, 2019, 13:31
Well it's good that he's finally 'come out'.
Comment icon #2 Posted by Nnicolette on 17 February, 2019, 15:50
Wow! I saw a documentary once of several cases of unknown squatters in the attic space. One girl found her ex up there who she had left 7 years before! Pretty creepy.
Comment icon #3 Posted by Seti42 on 18 February, 2019, 3:15
(Checks all of my closets and storage spaces) Damn, that's creepy AF. At least she's OK...At least physically... That photo though. It made me say "It putsáthe lotion on the skin, or else it gets he hose again"
Comment icon #4 Posted by Seti42 on 18 February, 2019, 3:17
sorry, doubleápost.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Impedancer on 18 February, 2019, 10:13
He was most likely a closet queen :-)
Comment icon #6 Posted by MissJatti on 23 February, 2019, 8:21
Boogeyman - A monster in the closet
Comment icon #7 Posted by Farmer77 on 11 March, 2019, 6:12

The human body may have a magnetic sense
3-18-2019
Scientists now believe that humans, like birds, may be able to sense the Earth's magnetic field.
Huge fireball exploded in Earth's atmosphere
3-18-2019
The blast, which occurred in December over the Bering Sea, went largely unnoticed due to its remote location.
Woman sues after being sucked into a grave
3-18-2019
Joanne Cullen had been visiting her parents' grave in Long Island when the ground swallowed her up.
Pentagon to test space-based weapons by 2023
3-17-2019
US defense bosses have requested $304 million to fund the research and development of orbital weapons.
Squaring a doughnut
Posted 3-12-2019 | 0 comments
Michael returns with another mind-bending problem - this time concerning squares.

Shells of cosmic time
Posted 3-3-2019 | 0 comments
A look at how observations of distant objects enable us to see back in time.

Thailand's snake village
Posted 2-26-2019 | 2 comments
Steve Backshall visits a village where the inhabitants live alongside dangerous snakes.

Winter solstice hooded figures