Monday, January 27, 2020

'Ghost' turns out to be man living in closet

Posted on Sunday, 17 February, 2019 | Comment icon 7 comments

It remains unclear how the man managed to get in to the apartment. Image Credit: sxc.hu
A North Carolina student recently discovered that an uninvited guest had moved in to her apartment.
The woman, who has been identified only as Maddie, had started to believe that her apartment was haunted after hearing mysterious noises, finding that some of her clothes kept going missing and, on one occasion, even discovering a strange hand-print on the wall of her bathroom.

It wasn't until she went to investigate a strange sound coming from her closet earlier this month that she discovered to her horror that there had actually been a complete stranger living in there all along.

"I just hear rattling in my closet. It sounded like a raccoon in my closet," she said. "I'm like, 'Who's there?' And somebody answers me. He's like, 'Oh, my name is Drew.'"

"I open the door and he's in there, wearing all of my clothes."
The man turned out to be 30-year-old Andrew Clyde Swofford - a man she'd never met before. Fortunately he left without any trouble, however it remains unclear how he got in there.

Unsurprisingly, Maddie has no desire to remain in the apartment any longer.

"I can't stay here. My closet, it stinks," she said. "I'm just ready to leave."

Source: Vice.com | Comments (7)

Tags: Closet, Haunting

Comment icon #1 Posted by Stiff on 17 February, 2019, 13:31
Well it's good that he's finally 'come out'.
Comment icon #2 Posted by Nnicolette on 17 February, 2019, 15:50
Wow! I saw a documentary once of several cases of unknown squatters in the attic space. One girl found her ex up there who she had left 7 years before! Pretty creepy.
Comment icon #3 Posted by Seti42 on 18 February, 2019, 3:15
(Checks all of my closets and storage spaces) Damn, that's creepy AF. At least she's OK...At least physically... That photo though. It made me say "It putsáthe lotion on the skin, or else it gets he hose again"
Comment icon #4 Posted by Seti42 on 18 February, 2019, 3:17
sorry, doubleápost.
Comment icon #5 Posted by Impedancer on 18 February, 2019, 10:13
He was most likely a closet queen :-)
Comment icon #6 Posted by MissJatti on 23 February, 2019, 8:21
Boogeyman - A monster in the closet
Comment icon #7 Posted by Farmer77 on 11 March, 2019, 6:12

Millions of desert locusts descend on Africa
1-26-2020
A plague of locusts of biblical proportions has been devouring vast swathes of crops across east Africa.
Fish farm plans rejected after 'fairies' warning
1-26-2020
A Scottish council recently received a letter warning that the lives of workers could be endangered by fairies.
Another 'Bigfoot' shows up on WSDOT webcam
1-26-2020
Authorities in Washington have recorded footage of a figure trudging through the snow near Snoqualmie Pass.
Space Force logo looks like it's from Star Trek
1-25-2020
President Donald Trump has revealed the official logo for the US Space Force - and it looks somewhat familiar...
Dog and Jamaican statue
1-10-2020 | Canada

Life changing experience
12-19-2019 | Australia

Unexplained smoke or fog
12-19-2019 | West Texas, USA

He came in the night
12-19-2019 | CA

My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA