Sunday, December 8, 2019

Woman has become engaged to a chandelier

Posted on Monday, 29 July, 2019 | Comment icon 51 comments

Some people prefer the company of objects. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 4.0 Matti Blume
A woman who had previously been in a relationship with the Statue of Liberty is now in love with a light fixture.
35-year-old Londoner Amanda Liberty, whose surname is a reflection of her previous infatuation with the world-famous statue, finds it easier to connect with inanimate objects than with people.

This unusual trait first presented itself when she fell in love with a drum kit at the age of 14.
Her relationship with the Statue of Liberty, which began in her 20s, ultimately failed to work out because she found it difficult to visit the statue on a regular basis due to the distances involved.

Her current engagement to a 100-year-old chandelier however seems to be going a lot better.

"I don't even completely understand it myself, but I still accept it as part of who I am," she said.

She now hopes to marry the light fixture, which she has named Lumiere, in the near future.

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (51)

Tags: Statue of Liberty, Chandelier

Comment icon #42 Posted by ScotDeerie on 6 August, 2019, 15:24
Seems to me I recall stories of people marrying animals in other countries but I can't be bothered to look that up.  I still don't think marrying an inanimate object is the problem that's going to bring the world to an end. It all seems so trite when mad little white boys with guns are mowing people down en masse.
Comment icon #43 Posted by aztek on 6 August, 2019, 15:30
well do not make little white boys mad,
Comment icon #44 Posted by ScotDeerie on 6 August, 2019, 16:34
Was that a serious reply? Are you not aware of back channel chat boards and a president who stokes their hatred constantly?  I will exit here since this is not the place to get political but "don't make them mad" is just really p***ing on the graves of a lot of innocent people who aren't even in their graves yet.
Comment icon #45 Posted by aztek on 6 August, 2019, 16:53
not really, it was a jab at your wise a$$ reply, but something did made him mad to that point, you need to figure what it was before you make someone else flip out. as i see gun surrender is not really a hit with your residents, what is the compliance rate, 10% at best? back channel boards?? nope never heard of such,  but i'll take your word for it, since you obviously familiar with them,  as far as president, nope, i am aware of liberal msm industry trying to make it look like he does, but it is nothing but  a lie,  if black people come to his rallies with a banner president is not racist, i'... [More]
Comment icon #46 Posted by tmcom on 6 August, 2019, 16:54
So you had a Light-bulb moment? I always like a Glowing testimonial. And that your understanding is now Crystal Clear.
Comment icon #47 Posted by skliss on 7 August, 2019, 1:46
So as usual....a simple comment gets turned I to a big drama.....all I said is that people should first stop celebrating them and being PC when there is an obvious disconnect.. Using gardening as an example is obviously far off the mark. Rather than encouraging people who think they are mermaids trapped in a human body we should recommend they talk to a professional.
Comment icon #48 Posted by ScotDeerie on 8 August, 2019, 0:03
And why do you assume that hasn't been recommended to her dozens of times? It's hard to get an adult, who's not a danger to themselves or others, to seek -- or be forced to take -- medical help.
Comment icon #49 Posted by ScotDeerie on 9 August, 2019, 14:55
A Sybian? I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet, TTTT.
Comment icon #50 Posted by skliss on 9 August, 2019, 19:12
Maybe that's true  but I think that putting them on tv,  showering them with attention and pandering to their delusion is unhealthy for them and just adds another dimension to it.
Comment icon #51 Posted by ScotDeerie on 9 August, 2019, 19:21
Oh, I'm with you on that one.

Plants 'scream' when stressed out, study finds
12-8-2019
Scientists have discovered that plants emit ultrasonic 'squeals' when stressed due to drought or damage.
Pentagon in U-turn over secretive UFO program
12-8-2019
The US government has completely changed its story over the purpose of its now-cancelled UFO program.
Large pyramid-shaped asteroid to fly past Earth
12-7-2019
A large space rock the approximate size and shape of the Great Pyramid of Giza is set for a close encounter.
Woman survives after heart stops for six hours
12-7-2019
The 34-year-old hiker succumbed to hypothermia after getting caught in a snowstorm in the Pyrenees.
My reptilian encounter
11-24-2019 | Ireland and Australia

The day I found out I am immortal
11-24-2019 | Hialeah

Recent activity in my home
11-24-2019 | Kansas City, MO USA

The houndsman
10-26-2019 | Michigan, USA

Birthday balloon
10-26-2019 | Usa

Devil man in a suit
10-26-2019 | Ohio

I accidentally called myself ?
9-28-2019 | United States

Giant wolf in my basement
9-28-2019 | Connecticut

I saw a shadow figure...
9-26-2019 | Australia