Thursday, August 5, 2021

Astronomer weighs in on US Navy UFOs debate

Posted on Thursday, 24 June, 2021 | Comment icon 50 comments

Is this really a UFO or could there be a conventional explanation ? Image Credit: US Navy
With the government's UFO report expected any day now, just how likely is it to be a game changer ?
Earlier this month we heard rumors from high-ranking officials that the US government's upcoming UFO report had seemingly confirmed the presence of unidentified aerial phenomena.

As we wait for the public release of the report however, several experts - including astronomers - have been weighing in with their views on what it is we can expect to see.

One of these is Nick Suntzeff from Texas A&M University - a decades-long veteran in space research who recently talked about the subject at length for a recent article.

"I have no idea what the report will say, but I doubt they have any evidence where a UAP (Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon, previously called a UFO) is clearly resolved," he said.

"For starters, have you ever noticed that UAP images and videos are usually out of focus?"

Suntzeff argues that the US Navy pilot videos we've seen in recent years could have alternative, conventional explanations and are not necessarily conclusive evidence of UFOs.
"In one video, a pilot said the UFO resembled a large Tic Tac mint and that it was defying the laws of physics over the ocean and moving fast," he said.

"The problem here is that we don't know how far away it was. If it was high above the ocean, then the apparent motion is likely due to the airplane and not the object."

"I can't rule out we have visitors from other planets. But we need clear evidence. We need a clear photo, for instance. So far, we do not have such evidence."

On the topic of whether or not the US government has access to UFO crash debris, he added:

"If they do, this is the best kept secret ever. Our government is not great at keeping secrets, and this one would be a doozy. No, I don't believe there is any physical evidence."

"I don't think intelligent civilizations could travel the thousands of light years to the earth, and then crash their spacecraft. If they can travel that distance, I seriously doubt they would be this careless."

Source: tamu.edu | Comments (50)

Tags: UFO

Comment icon #41 Posted by Manwon Lender on 25 June, 2021, 20:45
Thanks for being clear, about why you wanted to converse in the first place.  All I can say is your the best, and the brightest I cant compare to your level of intelligence! Sorry if disagreeing with you is so tedious and pointless!
Comment icon #42 Posted by Manwon Lender on 25 June, 2021, 20:49
I will ask you one last time do you think the US Navy Hoaxed those Videos?  You don't want to answer that question why? Yes I watched the video, but again the video is implying a hoax!
Comment icon #43 Posted by Nuclear Wessel on 25 June, 2021, 21:44
It's not that I don't want to answer the question--it's just that the question is irrelevant. Which video? How is it implying a hoax? If you watched the video then what parts of the arguments put forth do you (dis)agree with? Why do you (dis)agree with them?
Comment icon #44 Posted by Manwon Lender on 25 June, 2021, 21:51
Thanks It's clear you refuse to be honest and no the question is not irrelevant at all!  I am done with this conversation we will have to agree to disagree Take Care!
Comment icon #45 Posted by Grey Area on 25 June, 2021, 22:08
Here’s a really good, balanced view of the latest UFO revelations.  This guy is really worth a watch.
Comment icon #46 Posted by Nuclear Wessel on 26 June, 2021, 2:48
I totally understand why you would want to be done with a conversation wherein you are being held accountable for claims you are making.
Comment icon #47 Posted by Manwon Lender on 26 June, 2021, 4:40
That has nothing to with it, first who are you to hold anyone accountable fir anything. Second you refuse to answer a simple yes or no question because it defeats and knocks down your house of cards. So, Respectfully if want to hold something hold yourself accountable for not answering a simple question like do you think the US Navy is hoaxing this entire situation? Besides that the report that released today let's the air out of your tires, you no longer have kegs to stand upon!
Comment icon #48 Posted by Nuclear Wessel on 26 June, 2021, 12:08
It has everything to do with it. You don't have a good reason for dismissing the claims being made in the videos. A participant in the debate. What is my house of cards? Please elaborate. I also intentionally refuse to answer your question because it is an absolutely nonsensical question. Why should I entertain your question, also, when you haven't done what I first asked of you--i.e. outline what specific conclusions made in the videos you (dis)agree with, why, etc. I reckon you haven't done that because you can't. I am intentionally avoiding answering this question because my answer is alrea... [More]
Comment icon #49 Posted by Manwon Lender on 26 June, 2021, 13:03
Until you answer that question I am placing you on ignore!
Comment icon #50 Posted by Nuclear Wessel on 26 June, 2021, 13:11
Then how will you know if I answered the question, genius?

Weird, limbless amphibians found in the US
8-5-2021
Scientists have discovered an ancient species of worm-like amphibian in Florida for the first time.
Avi Loeb on finding evidence of alien life
8-5-2021
Astrophysicist Avi Loeb has long advocated in favor of scientific investigation into the UFO phenomenon.
New study links dopamine to consciousness
8-4-2021
New research has revealed how the 'pleasure chemical' dopamine plays a key role in human consciousness.
Machu Picchu could be older than thought
8-4-2021
The world-famous Incan citadel, which sits high atop the Andes in Peru, is now thought to be decades older.
Mystery 'troll' captured on camera
4-24-2021 | Marsta, Sweden

My Grandfather's NDE
4-24-2021 | Oakland, California

The voice of something not human
11-17-2020 | Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles

Shadow figure demon ?
11-14-2020 | USA

Ghost following me
9-18-2020 | Iowa

Mysterious glowing cube
8-23-2020 | Alabama

Black blob in my room/bed
7-23-2020 | Powell,TN U.S.

Transparent levitating ball