Thursday, August 11, 2022
Contact    |    RSS icon Twitter icon Facebook icon
You are viewing: Home > News > Modern Mysteries > News story
Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Did you know that you can now support us on Patreon ?

Modern Mysteries

'Slender Man' attacker seeks conditional release

June 27, 2022 | Comment icon 25 comments

Should both attackers walk free after such a short time ? Image Credit: CC BY-SA 4.0 LuxAmber
The woman had tried to kill her classmate because she believed it would appease the fictional creepypasta character Slender Man.
The chilling incident, which occurred in 2014, saw Anissa Weier and Morgan Geyser, who were both 12 at the time, lure one of their classmates out to a woodland park in Wisconsin before attempting to take her life.

The senseless attack was reportedly 'dedicated' to Slender Man - a fictitious entity invented on an Internet forum who typically appears as a very tall, thin individual with a black suit and no face.

Geyser, who pleaded guilty to first-degree intentional homicide in 2018, was sent to Winnebago Mental Health Institute where she was determined to be suffering from mental illness.
Weier, meanwhile, had also been sent to a mental health facility but was later released on the basis that she no longer represented a threat to the public.

Now Geyser is petitioning to be released on similar grounds.

She will be subject to a renewed medical evaluation with a decision expected later this year.

Source: Daily Beast | Comments (25)

Comment icon #16 Posted by the13bats 1 month ago
Traumatized for life?
Comment icon #17 Posted by Hyperionxvii 1 month ago
Not mental illness, just dumb tweener making dumb tweener decisions. Thankfully no one was harmed and at least there were some consequences, hopefully the 2 perps grow up to be better adults.
Comment icon #18 Posted by Xetan 1 month ago
Oh yes.
Comment icon #19 Posted by Gumball 1 month ago
Someone was most definitely harmed..........With sharp implements.
Comment icon #20 Posted by rashore 1 month ago
Stabbed 19 times, left for dead, hospitalized, and scarred for life isn't considered harm in your book? And considering a fictional creepy pasta character so real that taking months to plan a sacrifice and try to commit the sacrifice for the fictional character is not mental illness to you either? Did you know that Geyser has been diagnosed with  early onset schizophrenia?
Comment icon #21 Posted by the13bats 1 month ago
Perhapd if they stabbed his/her kid 19 times leaving them for dead they might see it a bit differently but sadly probably not.
Comment icon #22 Posted by bookwormwen 1 month ago
I always found myself empathizing with everyone involved in this case. Obviously both girls were responsible for their own actions, but I also can't disregard they were both suffering from major untreated mental illness. I could never see them as inherently evil or monstrous like a Bundy or Zodiac. Personally I feel if both of them are mentally well and have a system in place for supervision and support moving forward, they deserve a second chance at life. I imagine I'd probably feel differently if the victim hadn't survived the attack.
Comment icon #23 Posted by the13bats 1 month ago
Okay so young mentally ill killer girls deserve a second chance old mentally ill killer men, not so much so. The victim survived scared for life in more ways than one, what if the victim was you child. The victim didnt survive because they changed their minds but rather because the killers failed,
Comment icon #24 Posted by bookwormwen 1 month ago
I respect your opinion on the matter. The horrific damage that they caused shouldn't be forgotten or ignored, nor should the fact that their intent was to kill. This case always makes me question how we should punish intent in relation to action and outcome. I do think that a middle school student and a fully grown adult have somewhat different grasps on the severity of their actions, morality, and the border between reality and fantasy. I want to be clear that I'm NOT saying they're 100% innocent clueless children with no concept of right or wrong - simply that there is a difference in mental... [More]
Comment icon #25 Posted by the13bats 1 month ago
I Pretty much i agree, and thanx for being kind to me when i come off like a dick tine gets lost in type. I do not have the answers or know any details on this one. After caught I do believe from what ive seen with other cases it seems the perpetrators goal is getting out of an institution so i do question if many of them ever actually care about what they did and the victim or they are just doing what they need to do to go free. So perhaps i should rethink the meaning of rehabilitation and what freedoms a perp can archive. There are some who should never take another free breath, not sure if ... [More]

Total Posts: 7,311,387    Topics: 300,803    Members: 197,975