Wednesday, July 8, 2015   |   5,217 users online
    Home  ·  News  ·  Forum  ·  Stories  ·  Image Gallery  ·  Columns  ·  Encyclopedia  ·  Videos  ·  Chat

Crowds gather for annual Nexus conference

Posted on Sunday, 3 August, 2014 | Comment icon 10 comments

Editor Duncan Roads believes that we've already been visited. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 2.0 Jim Trottier
Conspiracy theorists, UFO watchers and other enthusiasts have gathered this weekend in Queensland.
For those with an interest in the unexplained, Australia's Nexus magazine has proven a popular purchase ever since its initial publication back in 1986.

This weekend's conference, which has been organized by the magazine's owner and editor Duncan Roads, is providing subscribers and enthusiasts the chance to meet up in person and discuss all things paranormal.

"I find myself hosing down crazy conspiracy theories a lot actually," said Roads. "Overall, though, I remain of the opinion that an elite few bloodlines pretty much run the planet via their own personal corporations, banks and intel outfits, and that we are being visited by more alien species and civilisations than we can keep count of."

Roads also believes that disclosure may not be very far away and that countries such as Russia and China are going to great lengths to prepare people for it.

"Putin has a whole outfit doing radio, TV, mags - hence Nexus - rock concerts, films, plays, posters, etc. - all to bring the Russian public to the point where they won't go into shock if they are confronted with an extraterrestrial reality," he said.

Source: ABC News | Comments (10)

Tags: UFO, Nexus

Comment icon #1 Posted by Astra00 on 3 August, 2014, 13:27
Cool, that's good to know. I'd love to go and check it out Maybe Sir Wearer of Hats & ChrLzs could tag along as well Edit: Darn, this w'end?......agh! well... there is always next year
Comment icon #2 Posted by Sir Wearer of Hats on 3 August, 2014, 20:13
Anytime Astra
Comment icon #3 Posted by John Wesley Boyd on 4 August, 2014, 16:53
This sort of thing is why the public at large no longer takes UFOs serious. All it needs is Forest J Ackerman and a table full of back issues of Famous Monsters of Filmland to make it complete.
Comment icon #4 Posted by Calibeliever on 4 August, 2014, 18:33
Favorite quote: "With the advent of the internet, many out there take two and two and get 500" ... ya think?
Comment icon #5 Posted by Sir Wearer of Hats on 4 August, 2014, 20:15
Honestly, I have no problem with the almost carnival atmosphere. For whatever reason, the people there feel isolated in their everyday lives, but together they're free to express themselves and be unshackled by wider society. They've found a place for them to be themselves, good on them for that at the very least.
Comment icon #6 Posted by Hawkin on 5 August, 2014, 2:59
I bet when you guys get there you'll find p101 already there in the ring boxing an alien.
Comment icon #7 Posted by Astra00 on 5 August, 2014, 4:04
Eh! don't be so cynical....your the one that seems to be Mr Serious
Comment icon #8 Posted by Astra00 on 5 August, 2014, 4:08
Hahaha....or me
Comment icon #9 Posted by John Wesley Boyd on 5 August, 2014, 4:10
Not all that serious just old and a bit jaded. I'm surrounded here as I type by thousands of science fiction paperbacks, magazines, dvds and video games. But for you, I'll try to lighten up a bit. Pax?
Comment icon #10 Posted by Astra00 on 5 August, 2014, 4:31
Aww, that's ok John....you don't have to lighten up for little ol' me

Was she my spirit guide?
7-3-2015 | Ringgold, Georgia, USA

Floating above my bed
7-2-2015 | Brittany, France

The haunted Queenslander
7-2-2015 | Queensland, Australia

'IT' was there to take me!
7-2-2015 | Ringgold, Georgia, USA

My haunted basement apartment
7-1-2015 | Washington DC

Stange happenings one summer
6-23-2015 | Lynchburg, South Carolina

Soulmates in another life ?
6-11-2015 | Florida, United States