Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Child's tumor shrinks after kiss from Pope

Posted on Tuesday, 24 November, 2015 | Comment icon 163 comments

Many believe that Pope Francis has performed miracles. Image Credit: CC BY-SA 3.0 Tania Rego
A baby's unexpected recovery has been attributed to divine intervention after a meeting with the Pope.
Gianna Masciantonio, who had been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor at the age of one, had been taken to see the pontiff during his World Meeting of Families trip to Philadelphia

After receiving a kiss to the top of the head however doctors were surprised to discover that her tumor had shrunk considerably - so much so that it has since almost completely disappeared.

"You can't really see the tumour, in all of the scans it's just a blur," said her mother Kristen. "She's getting better and stronger. She's blowing kisses. She's starting to point at things."

Both parents have attributed her recovery to divine intervention.

"I think all this is from God, the Pope is a messenger from God," said her father Joey.

"Last year was about living in honor of her. Now we're going to get to live with her."

Source: Yahoo! News | Comments (163)

Tags: Pope, Miracle

Comment icon #154 Posted by Farmer77 on 28 March, 2016, 21:32
What a crock of ****. Some people are so freaking naive. Meh....anythings possible.
Comment icon #155 Posted by Vessel on 30 March, 2016, 1:13
Performing a miracle makes you a saint.
Comment icon #156 Posted by Mr Walker on 2 April, 2016, 23:27
Performing a miracle makes you a saint. I thought it took three?
Comment icon #157 Posted by Dredimus on 2 May, 2016, 17:12
Science studies plenty of non-physical phenomena. Light waves, astrophysics, gravity, [insert any of the millions of mathematical abstractions here]. If you think nothing non-physical has ever been studied, you didn't pay attention in grade five science. To assert that anything is possible is to demonstrate a supreme lack of knowledge regarding what "possible" means. Mysterious things still need to be studied, and we still need to learn. To blindly accept anything you hear as "anything's possible" is the same as shrugging one's shoulders and declaring "I don't know, so god must have done it." ... [More]
Comment icon #158 Posted by Podo on 2 May, 2016, 17:48
Not that I want to get into this mundane conversation here... because its all a bit ridiculous... But, I do wanna say its full on hilarity to see you trying to slam this down with science, yet having no backing to stand on as none of you have the information about this "case" No one but the parents has commented on the story, we don't know the true extent of the illness... etc... also... You are screaming science... yet leaving out the forefront of Quantum Mechanics. Just because the OP doesn't fit within your own realm of possibilities, doesn't make it immediately false... nor true for that m... [More]
Comment icon #159 Posted by Dredimus on 2 May, 2016, 18:27
Your blind belief in the ability of an old man curing a sickness with a touch makes everyone with deductive reasoning chuckle, as well. Was there a point to this post, or are you just trying to passive-aggressively start some kind of argument? Hmmm... I'm not sure where in my post I ever said I believed in or even remotely thought this article were fact... I said you cannot use science to back your own argument when there are doctrines of science that go directly against what you are preaching. You are one of those that are here solely for the sake of disagreement... otherwise you wouldn't be ... [More]
Comment icon #160 Posted by Podo on 2 May, 2016, 18:30
Hmmm... I'm not sure where in my post I ever said I believed in or even remotely thought this article were fact... I said you cannot use science to back your own argument when there are doctrines of science that go directly against what you are preaching. You are one of those that are here solely for the sake of disagreement... otherwise you wouldn't be trolling the Spirituality section... What branch of science supports healing touches? What are you even talking about? As for why I'm here, this is a discussion forum. Me and everyone else in the thread are discussing a thing that happened. In ... [More]
Comment icon #161 Posted by Dredimus on 3 May, 2016, 18:18
What branch of science supports healing touches? What are you even talking about? As for why I'm here, this is a discussion forum. Me and everyone else in the thread are discussing a thing that happened. In this case, a news headline. Just because this section is about spirituality doesn't mean that it is designed as a criticism-free circlejerk. Actually, according to the forum rules, this would be a safe haven... beyond that... you don't know what scientific method supports "Anything is possible"? Got that... stop trying to argue with science if you don't know science... and stop belittling p... [More]
Comment icon #162 Posted by Ellapennella on 3 May, 2016, 19:32
ay yi yi ...what comes to my mind about some things is this -- “Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles? That's in Matthew chapter 7 V 22-23 or so... ETA - oh, I forgot to add where Jesus would say to them 'And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me,
Comment icon #163 Posted by Podo on 3 May, 2016, 20:11
Actually, according to the forum rules, this would be a safe haven... beyond that... you don't know what scientific method supports "Anything is possible"? Got that... stop trying to argue with science if you don't know science... and stop belittling people because hey have a set of beliefs... show a bit of respect and class... If you think that criticism and discussion is against forum rules, report me. Otherwise, spare me the complaints. Scientific method allows for anything, provided there is a body of evidence or an observable instance to support the existence of such things. If there is a... [More]

Dubai aims to launch a driverless hover-taxi
9-26-2017
Transport authorities in the United Arab Emirates are hoping to offer an autonomous flying taxi service.
'Doomsday' has been postponed until October
9-25-2017
The man behind this month's doomsday prophecy has pushed the apocalypse back another few weeks.
Spielberg once contributed to UN UFO debate
9-25-2017
The legendary film director has made several movies exploring the themes of UFOs and extraterrestrials.
Neanderthal brains developed slower than ours
9-24-2017
The skeleton of a young Neanderthal has revealed that our brains did not develop at the same rate.
Slow motion paintball collision
Posted 9-26-2017 | 0 comments
The Slo Mo Guys record two paintballs colliding with one another in mid-air.

Will robots take over all our jobs ?
Posted 9-23-2017 | 1 comment
As computers become increasingly sophisticated, will there be any jobs left for us ?

Exploring Antarctica's hidden depths
Posted 9-22-2017 | 0 comments
Scientists investigate some of the wildlife hidden beneath the Antarctic ice.

Science-fiction spacesuits
Posted 9-21-2017 | 0 comments
Adam Savage investigates a number of intricately detailed spacesuits used in movies.

Extreme neodymium magnet
Posted 9-20-2017 | 0 comments
Unboxing a magnet so powerful that it can suspend huge weights off the underside of a table.

Guardian angel ?
9-13-2017 | Middle of nowhere Iowa

I'm not normal, but I'm not alone
9-13-2017 | South Africa

When I was very little
9-13-2017 | Sturgis So.Dakota

Weird light orbs and chills
9-13-2017 | Poland

Unexplained light flashes
8-30-2017 | Louisiana

A night that I will never forget
8-18-2017 | Massena, NY